User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    STUF

Just because it is inconvenient to arrest some people does not make attacking them a legitimate response.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Ok, so you're telling me that if I'm getting pepper-sprayed, I should sit there and take it?
    It looks to me like the people who got sprayed in the beginning of the video asked for it.
    The cops are coming down the line pepper-spraying, and no one moved.
    Apparently they did not CARE to move.
    You can argue that they "should've" been arrested instead, or this "should" happen, but the truth is, when you are breaking the law, expect some form of punishment. If it comes in the form of pepper-spray, well, I think you'll fucking live. Don't be a big baby. They got what they asked for.
    If I would've seen the police aiming that can at me, I think I would've been smart enough to get out of the way.
    Do you believe that placing a canister of pepper spray into a seated individual's face and spraying it is assault? Could a person do this and justify the action, given a specific set of circumstances? Could the action be subject to scrutiny?

More importantly, what is the civil penalty for using a sidewalk? If I am to now expect corporal punishment as an exemplary response by civic champions of great privilege, I should imagine a need to learn more about sidewalks.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Lol. This had different wording, not even a few seconds ago. What was the source this came from?

Also, I don't think they were warned of the spray itself. They were warned about the use of force, and arrest.

And again, there weren't a lot of them that were blocking the pathway. I've been on that pathway, it's not that wide.

This is not a all cops are bad vs. all protesters are bad debate. The question is quite simply, "was it excessive force?"
    It came from a law enforcement forum is what I meant. It was written by a law officer.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Just because it is inconvenient to arrest some people does not make attacking them a legitimate response.
    Inconvenient, or almost impossible and utterly senseless? If they get arrested you'd just be complaining about them being arrested. Don't try to make the argument that it's a viable solution instead of using justified physical force to move a crowd. You don't like laws and you don't respect those that upkeep them, so that kind of makes this a pointless argument to have with you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This thread needs some relevant humor:

INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Also, I don't think they were warned of the spray itself. They were warned about the use of force, and arrest.

And again, there weren't a lot of them that were blocking the pathway. I've been on that pathway, it's not that wide.

This is not a all cops are bad vs. all protesters are bad debate. The question is quite simply, "was it excessive force?"
    Apparently the people being sprayed didn't think it was excessive. They didn't move out of the way, or try to avoid it.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Inconvenient, or almost impossible and utterly senseless? If they get arrested you'd just be complaining about them being arrested. Don't try to make the argument that it's a viable solution instead of using justified physical force to move a crowd.

I'm glad the police have those new mind reading telepathy devices that know what I think. I'm done with this shit, jesus christ.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    This thread needs some relevant humor:

Nice!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Inconvenient, or almost impossible and utterly senseless? If they get arrested you'd just be complaining about them being arrested. Don't try to make the argument that it's a viable solution instead of using justified physical force to move a crowd. You don't like laws and you don't respect those that upkeep them, so that kind of makes this a pointless argument to have with you.
    But I certainly don't dispute that anyone breaking the law should be arrested. You can bet on that.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    I'm glad the police have those new mind reading telepathy devices that know what I think. I'm done with this shit, jesus christ.
    lol. "I will not obey the law, and I will demonstrate that by not following lawful order" speaks plenty... No mind reading device necessary.