User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you vote to re-elect Barack Obama for president?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd vote to re-elect Obama.

28 50.91%
  • No, I'd vote for another candidate.

27 49.09%
First 678

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You know, Victor, you guys could always try to become a U.S. territory...
    U.S. territory residents can't vote for presidents, silly.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    U.S. territory residents can't vote for presidents, silly.
    Really?

Oh, yeah, duh.

No electoral votes.

Wait, what the fuck can Puerto Ricans vote for then?

Apparently, I must go back to my original construction:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra
    You know, Victor, you guys could always try to become a U.S. state...

Smile We are amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You know, Victor, you guys could always try to become a U.S. territory state...
    My father used to say we should become the 51st State, so I had to consider the matter.

The result was to learn the we had radically different histories that made federation silly.

Still, we are happy to be a friend and ally, united by four treaties, a military treaty, an economic treaty and a land treaty.

Of course you are more important to us than we are to you, so we have wondered how seriously you take the military treaty.

But the visit the other day of Bazza (President Barack Obama) has united our sovereign countries even further. President George W. Bush gave us access to USA intelligence at the very highest level, and Bazza has accepted our offer to train at our bases. This is popular in Oz and popular in our region, except for China.

Also Bazza has promised a free trade agreement for many of the countries of the Pacific. And as an exporting nation, this is very good news for us.

And so, although we won't be coming American, we are amused.

MBTI
    ENTP

Toyama Koichi 2012,

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZqOkeYbB0"]Change we can believe in.[/YOUTUBE]
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOuumGX-6uc&feature=related"]Platform[/YOUTUBE]

Look me in the eye and say you dont like his policies.
    +10% Crit Chance

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I'm curious, Nerd Girl, how would you run the country?
    I am a computer geek by day, so I have no desire to run the country, but if I must, I would hire Gingrich and Romney to tell me what to do. I like the idea of cutting middle class taxes (lowered income taxes, no taxes on interest, dividends or capital gains). No death tax. No marriage tax. I like what Gingrich proposes on health care, which means I would do away national health care; deregulate private industry. The government does not belong in the health care business amongst other things, and shouldn't be forcing Americans to buy in. I would firmly support the second amendment and the right for Americans to bear arms. I would firmly support capital punishment and the death penalty. I'm pro-life, but not pro-big government, so I would not abolish abortion at the federal level. I would leave it up to the states to decide. When dealing with our foes, I support military force when we are confronted by serious threats; such as, Iran acquiring nuclear weapons. I would increase the defense budget; not cut it like Obama is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My father used to say we should become the 51st State, so I had to consider the matter.

The result was to learn the we had radically different histories that made federation silly.

Still, we are happy to be a friend and ally, united by four treaties, a military treaty, an economic treaty and a land treaty.

Of course you are more important to us than we are to you, so we have wondered how seriously you take the military treaty.

But the visit the other day of Bazza (President Barack Obama) has united our sovereign countries even further. President George W. Bush gave us access to USA intelligence at the very highest level, and Bazza has accepted our offer to train at our bases. This is popular in Oz and popular in our region, except for China.

Also Bazza has promised a free trade agreement for many of the countries of the Pacific. And as an exporting nation, this is very good news for us.

And so, although we won't be coming American, we are amused.
    I guess the intention there is to provide security to the Asia Pacific region and the South China Sea where there's a lot of tension right now as the war winds down. Also, China's defense budget continues to increase by double digits every year and they're expanding maritime operations. There are humanitarian concerns too, but China's military aggression seems to be the most concerning point. China has become more aggressive in claiming territories in the South China Sea that affect U.S. allies. A military alliance with Australia benefits the U.S. as well as Australia and other allies, as we assert power over China and keep China balanced; being in Australia puts us close to where the action is. Overall, it sounds like win.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

So far, I don't see many alternatives to Obama, so I probably would vote for him again.