User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you vote to re-elect Barack Obama for president?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd vote to re-elect Obama.

28 50.91%
  • No, I'd vote for another candidate.

27 49.09%
First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm more likely to vote for him in 2012 than in 2008 (when I didn't vote for him or McCain). I wish there was a viable alternative, but Republicans become more of a joke with every passing day.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Was that necessary? To continue the spirit of this thread and many others, let's continue making this all about me. Show me one post where the Obama supporters have defended their man. You won't find one here. What you'll find are value judgments about my position. I've tried to stick with the facts. They have not. Meaning, they have not provided a counter-argument with facts to support Obama. In that regard, there's been minimal to no effort on their part. It's like debating a lamp shade, it's frustrating. I'm guessing they know I'm right and it's easier to create confusion around me. When people go out in left field putting words in my mouth, intentionally; that's the end of it. End of debate.
    He is not Bush and he is not Ron Paul.

That's a massive defense of Obama right there. Its simple too. Bush is military industrial complex, Ron is just every rich guy who ever lived. Neither of them, I believe, are in touch with what America was originally conceived to be, nor with America's potential.

Was that necessary?
    No, but so is everything else we say on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    It's not her fault you failed to become a mod.
    It is not my fault that you get wet in the rain. But how is that even relevant?

More accurately, it's controversial. You apparently like national health care, but not all Canadians do.

Exhibit A:
    It should surprise no one that CNN ignored Canada's preeminent authority on government health care rationing, the Vancouver-based Fraser Institute, which has demonstrated time and time again that on average Canadians have to wait a long time before receiving medical treatment for serious ailments.
    wat

The Fraser Institute is a far-right conservative think tank that, in the past, has been funded by tobacco companies and has lobbied for less restrictive tobacco laws. That's some fine health care expertise, eh?

The only people who think the Fraser Institute is a pre-eminent authority on anything are people from the Fraser Institute.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Given what it looks like our alternatives will be, yes. But the alternatives look lousy, so that's not saying much. I'd say he's done a mediocre job, though it's hard to tell with congress acting like a child that just found out that 'no' is a powerful word.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

All of you who wouldn't vote for Obama are a bunch of racists.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Given what it looks like our alternatives will be, yes. But the alternatives look lousy, so that's not saying much. I'd say he's done a mediocre job, though it's hard to tell with congress acting like a child that just found out that 'no' is a powerful word.
    For some reason people think the president has unlimited power of the United States. I commend Obama for his effort and seeming-sincerity, but there's only so much a man can do; I don't know who'd be able to pull us out of this political quagmire.

If Obama has it tough, imagine how it'd be for Ron Paul.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Yeah, I think Obama would have a lot of good to show for his presidency so far, if it wasn't for congress and the nature of the economy. That being said, I also don't want to risk giving him too much credit...so I have to rate him as average.

I said in Vent, and I'll say it again- Ron Paul has some bat-shit crazy ideas, but I think those would fare worse in congress than a lot of policies that Obama has tried to advocate for, so I'm not sure that a Ron Paul presidency would have much more or less to show for it than Obama's does so far.

Smile Bazza

Barak (Bazza) is very popular here. What a shame we can't vote.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Barak (Bazza) is very popular here. What a shame we can't vote.
    You know, Victor, you guys could always try to become a U.S. territory state...