User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you vote to re-elect Barack Obama for president?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd vote to re-elect Obama.

28 50.91%
  • No, I'd vote for another candidate.

27 49.09%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Obama has been such a terrible president that I've decided to vote next year. I'm horrified at his continuation of Bush's policies(both domestic and foreign) and I'm sick of hearing about how it's all Bush's fault, I'm confused about how his plans to spend more of China's money on projects that provide little-to-no long term financial lift will help our economy and I'm almost amused that he thinks pouring billions of dollars into K-12 education while simultaneously cutting funds for college students will somehow solve America's growing problems. I'm not foolish enough to believe my vote will make a difference, especially when you see the nut cases in the Republican debates, but I do think that voting in an election while our infrastructure is decaying, economy collapsing and our position in the world declining is a nice civil gesture.

Terms to search for on Youtube:

"Flash Mob" in combination with "Rob(s)", "Attack(s)",

"stupid" with "college student", "american"

you can also type in any year since about 1995 and combine that with "spring break" omg, omg omgomgogmogm SPRINGGGGGGG BREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAK.

Unfortunately for people who need structure and order and civilized society, this is the present and the future of our shitty little pseudo-republic.
    You know Congress sets the budget, right?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

...kinda funny to have to listen to all the liberal celebs bitch about how America was worth abandoning if Bush got reelected -- they'd flee to Canada. Now we get to listen to the same junk from the conservatives.
    All celebrities have Canadian citizenship one way or another

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

yeah, he's done stuff i don't support or agree with but i'd jump off a cliff before i voted for a republican. especially the ones running. politics turn into more of a joke everyday. i think obama gets blamed for a lot of shit that isn't his fault or is out of his control. this country's fucked, other politicians are hostile towards him and he's not a miracle worker. i don't know what people expect. i think if he gets re-elected another term he'll probably get more done because he won't have to be as concerned with making everyone happy and winning.

MBTI
    ISTx

No.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    EDIT: Okay, just saw your post above this (I'm reading sequentially), so thanks for explaining it that much. I'll have to read more before commenting on that, because my knowledge just isn't there.
    My Dad is a rocket scientist IRL. I talked to him today about Bush cancelling the space shuttle program (following the fatal Columbia accident) and he confirmed what I stated in my previous post. Obama is responsible for shutting down our nation's legacy of leadership in human spaceflight and leaving our astronauts at the mercy of the Russians for rides into space. @EffEmDoubleyou was partially correct, he just left out the key facts that put things into the proper context that clarify why I say Obama. When looking at all of the facts, Obama is responsible for NASA's current state of lull and layoffs:

Fact: Bush had a replacement plan in the works at the end of his term.
    Fact: Obama canceled Bush's shuttle replacement plan.
    Fact: There is a lack of budget commitment.

Obama had plenty of money to bailout banks and implement the cash for clunkers program, but no space program. We probably spend more money air conditioning tents in Afhanistan. Ha! There's an article on the web that states,

"The amount the U.S. military spends annually on air conditioning in Iraq and Afghanistan: $20.2 billion, according to a former Pentagon official. That's more than NASA's budget."

I will return to reply to the rest of your post a little later today. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    My Dad is a rocket scientist IRL. I talked to him today about Bush cancelling the space shuttle program (following the fatal Columbia accident) and he confirmed what I stated in my previous posts. Obama is responsible for shutting down our nation's legacy of leadership in human spaceflight and leaving our American astronauts at the mercy of the Russians to hitch a ride into space. @EffEmDoubleyou was partially correct, he just left out the key facts that put things into the proper context and clarify why I say Obama. When looking at all of the facts, Obama is responsible for NASA's current state of lull and layoffs.

Fact: Bush had a replacement plan in the works at the end of his term.
    Fact: Obama canceled Bush's shuttle replacement plan. There is also a lack of budget commitment.

Obama had plenty of money to bailout banks and implement the cash for clunkers program, but no space program. We probably spend more air conditioning tents in Afhanistan. Ha! There's an article on the web that states,
    "The amount the U.S. military spends annually on air conditioning in Iraq and Afghanistan: $20.2 billion, according to a former Pentagon official. That's more than NASA's budget."

I will return to reply to the rest of your post a little later today. :>
    The thing is, will a Republican president this time around make any difference? I mean, remember, most spout about cutting programs [that we can't pay for] and beefing up military.

So far, Obama has talked about moving the troops home from the wars this year...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    The thing is, will a Republican president this time around make any difference? I mean, remember, most spout about cutting programs [that we can't pay for] and beefing up military.

So far, Obama has talked about moving the troops home from the wars this year...
    Well, that's kind of my other main point. What, Obama tries to spend more money on NASA and gets shit on for that because of the money he's wasting when the rest of the economy's in the drink?And it would be the Republicans using it against him, if he DID spend more money on some sort of space program. I simply don't see NASA as the make-or-break priority to say someone is a shitty president, unless one simply has a personal connection to NASA and then that's a personal preference at work; pretty much no matter what gets prioritized, people are going to blame Obama for "wasting money."

NASA is not a core system in the economy, as far as I'm aware; it's a nicety that is going to get chopped, just like you'd cut off a finger to save an arm if necessary.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Probably not.

But then again it depends who is running against him and their chance to win in my state and whether my vote would effect the outcome or not.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    You know Congress sets the budget, right?
    shhhh, let him talk, I'm enjoying this...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Alexander Tyler having said many years ago:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over lousy fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average of the world’s great civilizations before they decline has been 200 years. These nations have progressed in this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to Complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependency back again to bondage."

The two party system is nothing more than a two headed tyrant. We live in a democratic Republic but too many Americans think that we are a democracy. Democracy is a temporary form of govt. It is mob rule and cannot last. It exists between the Republic and the Oligarchy/tyranny.

I am committed to this nation and the people in it. God help us.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni