Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Default Iran: to bomb or not to bomb?

Assume that the reports are true: Iran is in the process of creating nuclear weapons. Also assume that if you take military action (aka bombing) you can limit or stop this process.

Do you attack Iran? Why or why not?

MBTI
    ENTP

No. I watch them and Israel nuke each other to shit. Then I make a killing off of my stock in "After The Rapture Pet Care".
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTP

Everyone should have nuclear weapons so that everyone will be reluctant to use nuclear weapons on everyone

Mathematicians devised this plan

I believe it to be both flawless and applicable for the Iran situation

Bear, also consider that no one actually wants to destroy each other...they want what the other has.

I think that Iran has every right to a nuclear bomb, and will not use it on anyone unless they are provoked.

It's like accusing a house cat of hissing at a Doberman Pinscher that is biting it.

MBTI
    INTP

I voted in favor of Iran having the bomb, though more to balance out the distribution of power in the Middle East. There is an aggressive, rogue state in the Middle East that possesses many nuclear weapons, but has not declared them, nor signed the nuclear nonproliferation treaty. They must be held in check by a nuclear power.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

...inb4 a terrorist group takes control of the bombs.
    Their state is too unstable to have a bomb. I could accept Australia, Canada...but not Iran.
    A diplomatic solution is preferable, but letting extreme islamic countries having nuclear weapons isn't an option. The world would be a scary place.

Bomb Iran soundtrack:
    Last edited by Rasofy; 11-15-2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: made it less polemic. just felt like doing it.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Everyone should have nuclear weapons so that everyone will be reluctant to use nuclear weapons on everyone

I believe it to be both flawless and applicable for the Iran situation
    That plan only works when you have sane men in charge of all the nations involved.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    What the fuck do mathematicians know about human behavior? Mathematicians are the LAST people I would go to about predicting human behavior.

Unless of course, glorious destruction in a nuclear inferno will assure us a place in paradise.
    PRAISE BE TO ALLAH
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Are all 74 million Iranians the 'enemy'? Because bombing the infrastructure to stop them building the bomb will cause a lot of hardship to the common folk, even if we assume that you hit enough of the underground facilities to slow down their research.

The advantage of having nuclear bombs just far outweighs all the condemnation or threats they will get. The way the world changed in the way they treat India and Pakistan just shows that it is a very good negotiation tool to have. It's a weird type of prestige to be part of the nuclear club
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Are all 74 million Iranians the 'enemy'? Because bombing the infrastructure to stop them building the bomb will cause a lot of hardship to the common folk, even if we assume that you hit enough of the underground facilities to slow down their research.
    I feel very bad for all those common folk Iranians that have nothing to do with the political bullshit that goes on in the country.

But hey, better them than me.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.