User Tag List

View Poll Results: Iran: Bomb or not?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bombs away!

    3 8.11%
  • Pursue other options to ensure Iran abandons nuclear weapons

    16 43.24%
  • Let Iran have nuclear wepons

    14 37.84%
  • I am unsure

    4 10.81%
First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 137

  1. #81
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Well that's a brilliant attitude considering that's the same attitude that got the U.S. into a useless invasion on Iraq. Do people learn nothing?

  2. #82
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    What I am smart enough to realize is that that attitude was not the problem.

    The decision to invade Iraq (and to put Paul Bremer in charge after we did) was.

    The two are not the same thing, and hamstringing ourselves to the UN's will is not the solution.

  3. #83
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Rule #1 of Foreign Affairs: Don't listen to the French.
    I don't personally think that Israël is going to send a bomb on Iran, but if Iran is vulnerable to theses kinds of attacks, it's perfectly normal that iranians try to sanctify their territory. They don't want to be invaded by USA like Irak. Normal. If they get a bomb, they are not more likely to use it than URSS. Even if they get a nuclear bomb, the iranian's strike force would be a few thing in comparaison of the Isaelian's or american's strike force. Even without nuclear bomb theses country are able to destroy the main iranian cities easily and in a short time something that Iran could hardly do even if they get a nuclear bomb.

    Iran could'nt match with theses countries except if they becom more modern, and at this point, they would be far less likely to be an islamist and totalitarian country histile to the western world. So, I think they are probably trying to get a bomb, but many people overestimate the danger.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #84
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Sure it is if you don't want to foot the entire bill and worse. The U.S. lost a lot of credibility, respect and international good will over Iraq. Do something stupid again and it just reinforces what a loose cannon the U.S. is and not to be trusted to consider the wellbeing of the international community.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Here's what you do.
    Collect all the nuclear weapons.
    Shell them out equally to all governments.
    Mandate that all governments must disarm their nukes.

    Anyone who disagrees get's nuked by all the other countries.

    Problem solved.
    I would prefer this equally likely scenario: Aegon Targaryen conquers the whole world and establishes the king's peace. When he dies, his powers are transfered to a somewhat democratic government.

  6. #86
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Sure it is if you don't want to foot the entire bill and worse. The U.S. lost a lot of credibility, respect and international good will over Iraq. Do something stupid again and it just reinforces what a loose cannon the U.S. is and not to be trusted to consider the wellbeing of the international community.
    If China, Russia, and a bunch of dumbfuck other states are the ones against it, who cares.

    Not everyone cares about what our pussy European allies or China, Russia, Venezuela, and North Korea think.

  7. #87
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I don't personally think that Israël is going to send a bomb on Iran, but if Iran is vulnerable to theses kinds of attacks, it's perfectly normal that iranians try to sanctify their territory. They don't want to be invaded by USA like Irak. Normal. If they get a bomb, they are not more likely to use it than URSS. Even if they get a nuclear bomb, the iranian's strike force would be a few thing in comparaison of the Isaelian's or american's strike force. Even without nuclear bomb theses country are able to destroy the main iranian cities easily and in a short time something that Iran could hardly do even if they get a nuclear bomb.

    Iran could'nt match with theses countries except if they becom more modern, and at this point, they would be far less likely to be an islamist and totalitarian country histile to the western world. So, I think they are probably trying to get a bomb, but many people overestimate the danger.
    Once again, cuz I'm not sure if you heard it the first time:

    Rule #1 of Foreign Affairs: Don't listen to the French.

  8. #88
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If China, Russia, and a bunch of dumbfuck other states are the ones against it, who cares.

    Not everyone cares about what our pussy European allies or China, Russia, Venezuela, and North Korea think.
    I care about what the children who will die from an american's bombing think though.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #89
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If China, Russia, and a bunch of dumbfuck other states are the ones against it, who cares.

    Not everyone cares about what our pussy European allies or China, Russia, Venezuela, and North Korea think.
    Not much thinking went into this post, did it? Rhetorical question so no need to answer.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If China, Russia, and a bunch of dumbfuck other states are the ones against it, who cares.

    Not everyone cares about what our pussy European allies or China, Russia, Venezuela, and North Korea think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Once again, cuz I'm not sure if you heard it the first time:

    Rule #1 of Foreign Affairs: Don't listen to the French.
    Are you drunk?

Similar Threads

  1. To MBA or Not to MBA?
    By pure_mercury in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. OK to Reveal Team's Type Or Not?
    By ENFJ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO