14 37.84%
  • I am unsure

4 10.81%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I just finished reading 'A Canticle for Leibowitz', it was written in the 1960's and is about the aftermath of a full on nuclear war. The science is dated, but still.. nuclear weapons are amazingly destructive. The though of myriads of little states with their own agendas chills me. I dunno, I really think somebody needs to play daddy in the world. The best case is if we could go multilateral.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Not really.
    Do you believe that since certain citizens are allowed to keep arms (licensed) that everyone should be allowed to keep licensed weapons?

If so, does it also apply to the mentally handicapped, juveniles etc?

Again I say, that this should be for some other thread and not for a thread in which we are discussing that Iran's nuclear ambitions should be stopped somehow or not.
    There is no license required to own a gun? Don't know what country your from.

This right is enumerated in the 2nd, and most important of all amendments in the US Bill of Rights.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Pine View Post
    There is no license required to own a gun? Don't know what country your from.

This right is enumerated in the 2nd, and most important of all amendments in the US Bill of Rights.
    I am not sure, since I do not know about US laws regarding keeping weapons.
    Does it even give the right for juveniles or even the mentally retarded (if proven) to keep weapons?

Edit -

What I am trying to say is that not all are given the same rights are limitations are practiced for obvious reasons.
    The same applies to every nation having the right to develop and hold nuclear weapons.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Does it even give the right for juveniles or even the mentally retarded (if proven) to keep weapons?
    That's a great analogy.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't want any country to have nukes. It does seem rather hypocritical to bomb other countries for having nukes when we have so many. Poking countries with a stick without moral authority also seems like a costly and counterproductive tactic (instigation of reaction as trumped up basis for claiming act of war).

I'm still kinda pissed that the WMDs in Iraq was just a lie.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Do you believe that since certain citizens are allowed to keep arms (licensed) that everyone should be allowed to keep licensed weapons?
    Who gives out licences to countries?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I don't want any country to have nukes.
    +1,000,000,000

It does seem rather hypocritical to bomb other countries for having nukes when we have so many. Poking countries with a stick without moral authority seems like a costly and counterproductive tactic.
    Dear spamtar,

I agree on your points of it being -
    Hypocritical
    and costly

But don't and possibly cannot agree on your point of it being -
    Counterproductive.

It could me many things but it is not counterproductive .

figsfiggyfigs

IF this rumour turns out to be true:

They should not be allowed to have nuclear warheads. They're an unstable country whose leaders and their political beliefs are the cause of constant distress and displeasure among the Iranian people. I doubt that they won't eventually use* them. A country like that should not be gaining more power...
    However, the USA doesn't have the funds to do anything about it right now... I think other countries need to be involved in this...

I think other means of removing the possibility of weapons should be applied. If that doesn't work, well then, Option A.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Who gives out licences to countries?
    No country gives or should be given the right to decide on this matter since it is rather hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I dunno, I really think somebody needs to play daddy in the world. The best case is if we could go multilateral.
    This has a valid point.

---

But we are swaying too much away from the thread if we continue to discuss a point I brought up to prove some other point.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I doubt that they won't eventually them.
    Whatever this means, I agree, because it sounds awesome.