• I am unsure

4 10.81%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    What's the alternative? "I like you so you can have this technology. You, on the other hand, I don't trust, so I'll put sanctions on you because you are trying to make one"?
    I think it would be better if no one had these bombs. I wouldn't want stable nations to have their own, but in their case a intervention would not be that necessary.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think it would be better if no one had these bombs. I wouldn't want stable nations to have their own, but in their case a intervention would not be that necessary.
    But who is to say that a stable nation cannot become unstable when the leader changes? Anyway I agree with you that it would be best if everyone signed the non-proliferation treaty and the nuclear powers would do something like reduce their thousands of stockpiled warheads, but I'm not THAT big of an idealist
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

But who is to say that a stable nation cannot become unstable when the leader changes?
    Good point. It is almost impossible to predict how the world will be in a few decades.
    Anyway I agree with you that it would be best if everyone signed the non-proliferation treaty and the nuclear powers would do something like reduce their thousands of stockpiled warheads, but I'm not THAT big of an idealist
    I'm glad.
    But they have some purpose. They make a war involving Russia, China and US against each other almost impossible.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Assume that the reports are true: Iran is in the process of creating nuclear weapons. Also assume that if you take military action (aka bombing) you can limit or stop this process.

Do you attack Iran? Why or why not?
    First of all, the first one isn't an assumption, it's true as day.

Obviously this has been one of the most important questions of the last 5 years.

The problem, from everything I've seen, seems to be that even a tactical strike might not work, but would still produce a huge cloud of radiation that would spread east over the Stans, China, and India.

What Iran would then do with oil pipelines in the region and shipping lines thru the Straight of Hormuz is another ridiculously difficult question: reason why Baer said in that 60 min interview several years ago that we can't do anything about it.

When it comes down to it, it's too complicated to know what to do with my present level of information: I'd need far more knowledge about our capabilities, the possible scenarios, their probabilities, and what not, to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Everyone should have nuclear weapons so that everyone will be reluctant to use nuclear weapons on everyone

Mathematicians devised this plan

I believe it to be both flawless and applicable for the Iran situation
    Wow...

Everyone didn't realize that this was Bear's form of trolling?

It's more than trolling, I guess, but, yeah, he's not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Pine View Post
    Bear, also consider that no one actually wants to destroy each other...they want what the other has.

I think that Iran has every right to a nuclear bomb, and will not use it on anyone unless they are provoked.

It's like accusing a house cat of hissing at a Doberman Pinscher that is biting it.
    The lay and pray strategy...

Is this what you'd choose to do if someone hit your wife in the face, too?

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    That plan only works when you have sane men in charge of all the nations involved.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I feel very bad for all those common folk Iranians that have nothing to do with the political bullshit that goes on in the country.

But hey, better them than me.
    Really?

Do you feel that bad for those waving the Great Satan signs around?

Quote Originally Posted by giegs View Post
    Of course not, are you fucking stupid?

No really, are you?

Pre-emptive attacks against Iran, unless we completely knock them back into the stone age and destroy their support base, are counter productive. The cost of damage from an Iranian strike relative to the ease of turning their habitable area into a scene found in Fallout 3 is negligible. If they want to play like big kids they can, but they better realize they have the option of playing nicely or being swept off the board. The type of weapons they're developing, while serious in implication, are of limited use and much less practical than various alternatives.
    Doesn't get it.

(And can you imagine all the cries of "how close-minded INTJs are" if one made an argument with a similar tone to the contrary.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Russia, China and the U.S. have agreed that their objective is to prevent Iran from gaining nuclear weapons in order to prevent an arms race. Iran has no superpower allies backing them so they'd be pretty stupid to proceed considering the might behind the three powers which includes all their allies.
    Umm... when did this happen?

As in, en serio? Not just to (strategically) appease the US in public?

Actions speak louder than words, and Russia and China's actions have not been congruent with preventing Iran from getting the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    This isn't a case of bomb or not. It's just a bunch of posturing and dick waving.
    Wrong.

They are developing a bomb.

Where do you get your news: Pravda and Xinhua?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think people under-estimate how hard it would be for a lunatic to gain the power to launch a nuclear weapon, and just how much of a lunatic you have to be. North Korean almost certainly has nuclear weapons at this point (even if they are shitty ones), what are they doing with it?

It generally takes a sophisticated organization of people to launch a nuclear weapon, and I don't bet my money on their being a sophisticated organization of people who are perfectly okay with letting themselves and everything they know be vaporized.
    "Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages is it the rule." - Nietzsche

Your thinking here is so shitty it's ridiculous.

Are all 74 million Iranians the 'enemy'? Because bombing the infrastructure to stop them building the bomb will cause a lot of hardship to the common folk, even if we assume that you hit enough of the underground facilities to slow down their research.

The advantage of having nuclear bombs just far outweighs all the condemnation or threats they will get. The way the world changed in the way they treat India and Pakistan just shows that it is a very good negotiation tool to have. It's a weird type of prestige to be part of the nuclear club
    What's the alternative? "I like you so you can have this technology. You, on the other hand, I don't trust, so I'll put sanctions on you because you are trying to make one"?
    But who is to say that a stable nation cannot become unstable when the leader changes? Anyway I agree with you that it would be best if everyone signed the non-proliferation treaty and the nuclear powers would do something like reduce their thousands of stockpiled warheads, but I'm not THAT big of an idealist
    These quotes are exactly why an INFP rarely is and never should be running a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm still unsure myself.
    It's good to see that not all INTPs are pinko, hippie, douchebag scum.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That video has absolutely nothing to do with Iran.

Fail.

You responded too fast to have watched it.

Fail be fact.

Riva

Those Arabs and Iranians already have OIL which they overwhelmingly use as a leverage to stand against all the human rights values, which they continuously violate and refuse to adhere to.
    Giving them nukes will add to the leverage.
    I am against any of those racist (yes they are racists) having nuclear weapons.

But bombing Iran???
    No No!!!!!!!!!

Iranians people surely don't deserve to get destroyed due decisions made by the government.
    And Iranians are quite tolerant towards other ethnicities compared to Arabian nations.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

You responded too fast to have watched it.
    Responded halfway through.

Just finished watching, was spot on from the get-go.

Fail be fact.
    Yes, your failure is a fact.

You. fail. miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Those Arabs and Iranians already have OIL which they overwhelmingly use as a leverage to stand against all the human rights values, which they continuously violate and refuse to adhere to.
    Giving them nukes will add to the leverage.
    I am against any of those racist (yes they are racists) having nuclear weapons.

But bombing Iran???
    No No!!!!!!!!!

Iranians people surely don't deserve to get destroyed due decisions made by the government.
    They are oppressive?

Yet...we incarcerate more citizens in the USA than any other nation in the WORLD?

Mirror looking time.