14 37.84%
  • I am unsure

4 10.81%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Of course not, are you fucking stupid?

No really, are you?

Pre-emptive attacks against Iran, unless we completely knock them back into the stone age and destroy their support base, are counter productive. The cost of damage from an Iranian strike relative to the ease of turning their habitable area into a scene found in Fallout 3 is negligible. If they want to play like big kids they can, but they better realize they have the option of playing nicely or being swept off the board. The type of weapons they're developing, while serious in implication, are of limited use and much less practical than various alternatives.

Russia, China and the U.S. have agreed that their objective is to prevent Iran from gaining nuclear weapons in order to prevent an arms race. Iran has no superpower allies backing them so they'd be pretty stupid to proceed considering the might behind the three powers which includes all their allies.

This isn't a case of bomb or not. It's just a bunch of posturing and dick waving.

MBTI
    INTP

Posturing and dick waving is the same thing as an arms race, just less expensive.

Can't argue with that!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think people under-estimate how hard it would be for a lunatic to gain the power to launch a nuclear weapon, and just how much of a lunatic you have to be. North Korean almost certainly has nuclear weapons at this point (even if they are shitty ones), what are they doing with it?

It generally takes a sophisticated organization of people to launch a nuclear weapon, and I don't bet my money on their being a sophisticated organization of people who are perfectly okay with letting themselves and everything they know be vaporized.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Everyone should have nuclear weapons so that everyone will be reluctant to use nuclear weapons on everyone
    Oh yeah, 500 reasonable and sensible nation leaders with their own nuclear bombs, that would certainly make the world a safer place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Pine View Post
    also consider that no one actually wants to destroy each other...they want what the other has.
    It's more than that. There are lunatic religious motivations involved.
    I think that Iran has every right to a nuclear bomb, and will not use it on anyone unless they are provoked.
    Your faith is admirable.
    It's like accusing a house cat of hissing at a Doberman Pinscher that is biting it.
    No. House cats are smarter than religious fanatics.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think people under-estimate how hard it would be for a lunatic to gain the power to launch a nuclear weapon, and just how much of a lunatic you have to be. North Korean almost certainly has nuclear weapons at this point (even if they are shitty ones), what are they doing with it?

It generally takes a sophisticated organization of people to launch a nuclear weapon, and I don't bet my money on their being a sophisticated organization of people who are perfectly okay with letting themselves and everything they know be vaporized.
    You'd hope that is true.

IMO, they probably won't build a decent nuke or missile without a lot of testing either, and by the time they do enough tests to build them well, it will be pretty obvious they have nukes. Unless of course Russia or someone is helping out.

I voted yes on the poll anyway. I like anarchy.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Russia, China and the U.S. have agreed that their objective is to prevent Iran from gaining nuclear weapons in order to prevent an arms race. Iran has no superpower allies backing them so they'd be pretty stupid to proceed considering the might behind the three powers which includes all their allies.

This isn't a case of bomb or not. It's just a bunch of posturing and dick waving.
    Where did you get the idea Russia, China and the U.S. agree on Iran?

Russia and China do not even support tougher sanctions on the Iranian government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm still unsure myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Oh yeah, 500 reasonable and sensible nation leaders with their own nuclear bombs, that would certainly make the world a safer place.
    What's the alternative? "I like you so you can have this technology. You, on the other hand, I don't trust, so I'll put sanctions on you because you are trying to make one"?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell