• Let Iran have nuclear wepons

14 37.84%
  • I am unsure

4 10.81%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I care about what the children who will die from an american's bombing think though.
    No need to worry as the bombing would most likely come from Israel and not America.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Russia and China emphasize diplomacy rather than sanctions. Whether a different form of pressure doesn't align with the U.S. view of how to handle global affairs, doesn't mean they're dragging their heels or that they don't agree with the U.S. that Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons. Not every country believes that preemptive attacks constitute how global politics should be handled.
    This isn't because of moral high ground. Everyone can appreciate the diplomatic solution but the difference in actions by states here comes from the fact that each is approaching the situation from a different level of diplomatic/military/economic strength not because they just want to do the right thing. Each of these countries' foreign policy is also effected by how their decision will appear to their domestic population.

I'm not saying that I advocate bombing Iran, but I would like to point out that nuclear reactors have been bombed before. Precision weapons do exist and it's highly unlikely that bombing a nuclear facility will result in the loss of "millions of innocent people." That's just absurd. We don't carpet bomb entire countries, anymore.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    "Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages is it the rule." - Nietzsche

Your thinking here is so shitty it's ridiculous.
    You forgot to put an actual point of argument in this post.

You might as well have just said "nuh uh". Me, I don't assume that once people form a group they automatically act as a mad force of chaos that will commit suicide. You added no reason for me to believe that. And if that's what you're afraid of, why draw the line with Iran? Why does Iran getting nukes even matter? The USA, Russia, China, France, Britain, India, Pakistan, North Korea, and almost certainly Israel have nuclear weapons. From your perspective, we're already fucked, especially since, given the madness of groups subverts all sophistication, there must be no point in distinguishing the USA from North Korea.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

For that matter, I'm not sure that I find Iran less trustworthy with nukes than Israel or Pakistan.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I beg you pardon?
    Some people get it, some people don't.

What you wrote in your post was so out of sync with what somebody who gets it would write, that, well, you obviously don't get it. And "getting it" doesn't necessarily mean having the same opinion as me; it just means that you have done enough research to understand the situation. I could go into the 4-5 blatant problems with what you said, that demonstrate that you don't get it, or I could just point out that you don't; for expediency's sake, I chose the latter.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You forgot to put an actual point of argument in this post.
    Actually, the point was very clear, if you could step out of Ti-land and aptly utilize inductive reasoning.

You might as well have just said "nuh uh".
    To an extent, yes.

But not really.

That quote is quite apt.

I'm sorry that you don't appreciate Te.

Me, I don't assume that once people form a group they automatically act as a mad force of chaos that will commit suicide.
    Neither do I, actually.

I just think your statement that "sophisticated" groups of people won't perform insane actions is ridiculous.

You added no reason for me to believe that.
    That's not what I was trying to do. I was trying to make you realize the idiocy of thinking that just because they're a supposedly "sophisticated" group of people (your characterization, not mine), they won't commit insane acts.

And if that's what you're afraid of, why draw the line with Iran? Why does Iran getting nukes even matter? The USA, Russia, China, France, Britain, India, Pakistan, North Korea, and almost certainly Israel have nuclear weapons. From your perspective, we're already fucked, especially since, given the madness of groups subverts all sophistication, there must be no point in distinguishing the USA from North Korea.
    Once again, those inductive skills aren't too good... Let's just call this the straw man that it is, and recognize that obviously I find Iran a more problematic state than most others on the list of nuclear powers. I'm also concerned about a nuclear arms race this may lead to in the Middle East that could have all kinds of catastrophic spillover effects.

So hard to think about the strongest possible argument of your opponent's position?

Gotta fight with straw men instead?

MBTI
    INTP

Rule #1 of foreign affairs: Israel is by far the most aggressive nation in the world and has been for the last 60 years

Prove me wrong

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Rule #1 of foreign affairs: Israel is by far the most aggressive nation in the world and has been for the last 60 years

Prove me wrong
    Your humor is the true bomb.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

These results make me feel bad about my mbti type. Perhaps Zara~'s signature has some meaning. I wanna be an INTJ.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    These results make me feel bad about my mbti type. Perhaps Zara~'s signature has some meaning. I wanna be an INTJ.
    It's cool.

By being an INTP, you're not inherently a douchebag.

There's just a high likelihood that you will be.

We need more non-douche INTPs.

Represent the 10%!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It's cool.

By being an INTP, you're not inherently a douchebag.

There's just a high likelihood that you will be.

We need more non-douche INTPs.

Represent the 10%!
    That's a pretty low number lol! Does that make me some kind of Super INTP?
    Anyways...
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------