4 10.81%
First 89101112 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I care about what the children who will die from an american's bombing think though.
    And I care about all the children that would die if Iran were to use a nuclear weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Are you drunk?
    No.

I'm not a fan of the UN.

Or China, Russia, Venezuela, North Korea, or the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Not much thinking went into this post, did it? Rhetorical question so no need to answer.
    There's actually a ton of clear, rational thinking that went into building the position expressed in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    There's actually a ton of clear, rational thinking that went into building the position expressed in that post.
    I doubt that, especially considering how the global economic crisis just hammered home the point to the rest of the world that not only is the U.S. a loose cannon but that they can't even keep their own crooks in line and shop in order. Stop, look and listen. Without friends, the U.S. won't be able to dig themselves out of pending economic disaster unless they can diplomatically tap dance well. It's not as if the rest of the world couldn't and wouldn't agree to sanction the U.S. if it chooses to do something stupid again.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I doubt that, especially considering how the global economic crisis just hammered home the point to the rest of the world that not only is the U.S. a loose cannon but that they can't even keep their own crooks in line and shop in order. Stop, look and listen. Without friends, the U.S. won't be able to dig themselves out of pending economic disaster unless they can diplomatically tap dance well. It's not as if the rest of the world couldn't and wouldn't agree to sanction the U.S. if it chooses to do something stupid again.
    You must be joking.

What the hell do you think would happen?

Do you not realize how much anti-Iranian sentiment there is? And justifiably so?

How about the fact that we're nearing the one-year anniversary of the Arab Spring?

And that we already helped build an international military coalition to take out Gaddhafi?

And that China and Russia dragged their feet on that one, just like they've been doing with Iran?

And that Iran, after all, is attempting, despite their constant lying, to build a nuclear weapon?

Need I go on about why this would be a just action in spite of Russia and China's blessing?

Cuz I most certainly could (you know, with that small "wipe Israel off the map" thing).

I know the Europeans tend to be a bunch of anti-Semitic fools, but who cares.

That's why we don't hamstring ourselves to the tide of international opinion.

They get all the benefits of living under the protection of American power.

I don't really care about their opinions when it comes to how we use it.

Strange how much emotion is invested into taking out Iran who might have a fledgling nuclear weapons program. Why the need to be so brash when there's time to be diplomatic? Does the brashness signify personal investment in Israel?

MBTI
    INTj

Letting them get nukes is like allowing children to buy AK47s.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Strange how much emotion is invested into taking out Iran who might have a fledgling nuclear weapons program. Why the need to be so brash when there's time to be diplomatic?
    Umm...

I would suggest you look into the issue more.

You clearly have not done your research.

Does the brashness signify personal investment in Israel?
    I'm not Jewish.

I'm not Christian.

I am an intelligent, well-read human being who knows what he's talking about.

Therefore, I find it highly problematic when it is patently clear that a regime with a President who believes in the imminent coming of the 12th imam, openly denies the Holocaust and declares that "Israel should be wiped off the face of the Earth" is well on its way to possessing a nuclear weapon and have been testing their ballistic missile capabilities for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Letting them get nukes is like allowing children to buy AK47s.
    Apparently Not_Me and I have finally found something we agree on.

That must mean something.

Umm...

I would suggest you look into the issue more.

You clearly have not done your research.

I'm not Jewish.

I'm not Christian.

I am an intelligent, well-read human being who knows what he's talking about.

Therefore, I find it problematic when regime with a President who believes in the imminent coming of the 13th imam, and who opnely declares things like "Israel should be wiped of the face of the Earth", troubling, especially when in it patently obvious that they are well on their way to possessing a nuclear weapon, and have been testing their ballistic missile capabilities for many years.
    Ah, yes, the Fi attack, now that you don't have a leg to stand on! A typical INTJ tactic. And with that, I'm out. Debating with emotion is like attempting to win a special olympics foot race. Not very satisfying.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ah, yes, the Fi attack, now that you don't have a leg to stand on! A typical INTJ tactic. And with that, I'm out. Debating with emotion is like attempting to win a special olympics foot race. Not very satisfying.
    I'm sorry you couldn't realize that what I wrote was a highly rational response.

But using MBTI as a copout cuz you've got no argument is rather pathetic.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The only one time a nuclear bomb was used, it was on a country of fanatics leaders, in Japa, wich can indicates that it is the only way to submit them. However, we can also say that that nuclear bombing was not necessary, and a preventive bombing on Japan in 1925 would probably have been seen as criminal, and with reason.

If Iran doesn't have a bomb yet but is bombed, that would'nt prevent them to pursue their nuclear program later. Of course, we could invade them. But on the long-term, every countries are going to get nuclear weapons, if we are going to bomb or invade each of them, then it's a big problem.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Doesn't get it.
    I beg you pardon?