User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's your GOP pick for 2012?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bachmann

0 0%
  • Cain

1 3.33%
  • Gingrich

0 0%
  • Huntsman

4 13.33%
  • Paul

23 76.67%
  • Perry

0 0%
  • Romney

2 6.67%
  • Santorum

0 0%
First 3456715 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Mitt Romney, biggest flip flopper. He'll say whatever he thinks you want him to say that gets him elected.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsCmiFcRyIc"]Same candidate, different positions[/YOUTUBE]
    How is that different from most other candidates? These guys are interested in power, nothing else. Guys who will actually change the status quo will not get elected, will not be effective, will screw everything up, or will end up getting shot.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP

Well except one perhaps, [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anmlPvmd1Ew"]Ron Paul Interview 1988[/YOUTUBE]
    Won't see that much difference between now and then, except that he's changed his mind on the death penalty. He found it was discriminatory to minorities.

It is certainly true that Ron Paul is the only main candidate who actually has a reputable track record when it comes to not pandering.

He will do what he says he will. Why? Because he always has.

Not to say he is the only viable candidate. Just happens to be that I think none of the other republicans, nor god forbid Barak Obama qualifies either. For several reasons.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Mitt Romney, biggest flip flopper. He'll say whatever he thinks you want him to say that gets him elected.
    He is the stereotypical politician
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsCmiFcRyIc"]Same candidate, different positions[/YOUTUBE]
    Hahaha, pretty good! I can easily explain away your video, but I won't.

I think the important thing is that Romney is not flip flopping on basic American principles. The issues in your video are the very same issues that Obama supported, which contributed to the pitiful economic state we're in. One of several reasons why I think Obama is incompetent and should avoid such arguments at any cost. It's a shame, a lot of politicians bought into the bailout stimulus propaganda.

Romney has more experience as a businessman than he does a politician, so it's not surprising to see him change his mind with the times and with experience, which can be a good thing. Yes, we could *almost* say the same thing about Cain, if he could reasonably prove himself knowledgeable about basic principles in key areas; including, foreign affairs. Rule 1: never negotiate with terrorists. That was, no doubt, an efficient way for the media to gain an understanding of how much or how little Cain knows. Cain sure flunked that one.

Obama will use mistakes like that to make a fool out of Cain and Cain doesn't appear to be as sharp or as strong of a communicator as Romney. I don't know if you've noticed this, but when Cain can't answer the tough questions in a debate, he does something similar to what Perry does where he starts playing dumb or he starts feeding us canned responses like we won’t notice how off course and full of BS he is. Whereas, Romney has proven time and time again he can effortlessly form a logical argument, even in the face of personal attacks. If he's feeding us BS, then it's so subtle it hasn't tripped my keen BS detector yet.

At this point, I think we would be wise to focus on our strongest candidate overall that can beat Obama. Despite what Ron Paul thinks, I believe that's Romney. No, Romney is not perfect, but I believe he's the lesser of the evils.

I like Ron Paul's ideas to turn our economy around, but I'm concerned about his health. I hate to say it, but he looks frail. He just doesn't have the strong commanding presence that Romney has. Romney is regal!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Guys who will actually change the status quo will not get elected, will not be effective, will screw everything up, or will end up getting shot.
    That's another concern I have with Ron Paul.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is there a more general Republican Primary thread, not necessarily devoted to the debates?

If not, should that thread be started?

Or should that kind of discussion just stay in here?

(I've been writing about it over in the Herman Cain thread, but figure I should probably start moving it to somewhere more general...)

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Is there a more general Republican Primary thread, not necessarily devoted to the debates?
    I couldn't find it.

If not, should that thread be started?

Or should that kind of discussion just stay in here?

(I've been writing about it over in the Herman Cain thread, but figure I should probably start moving it to somewhere more general...)
    I figured this thread would be a general discussion or debate about the Republican Primary [Debates]. (:

It's your call.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I figured this thread would be a general discussion or debate about the Republican Primary [Debates]. (:

It's your call.
    I know, but your EP untidiness is conflicting with my desire to not have too many threads on this topic.

Either way, inelegance abounds.

A window to the soul

I know, but your EP untidiness is conflicting with my desire to not have too many threads on this topic.
    Sorry about that!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Sorry about that!

Hahaha, pretty good! I can easily explain away your video, but I won't.

I think the important thing is that Romney is not flip flopping on basic American principles. The issues in your video are the very same issues that Obama supported, which contributed to the pitiful economic state we're in. One of several reasons why I think Obama is incompetent and should avoid such arguments at any cost. It's a shame, a lot of politicians bought into the bailout stimulus propaganda.

Romney has more experience as a businessman than he does a politician, so it's not surprising to see him change his mind with the times and with experience, which can be a good thing. Yes, we could *almost* say the same thing about Cain, if he could reasonably prove himself knowledgeable about basic principles in key areas; including, foreign affairs. Rule 1: never negotiate with terrorists. That was, no doubt, an efficient way for the media to gain an understanding of how much or how little Cain knows. Cain sure flunked that one.

Obama will use mistakes like that to make a fool out of Cain and Cain doesn't appear to be as sharp or as strong of a communicator as Romney. I don't know if you've noticed this, but when Cain can't answer the tough questions in a debate, he does something similar to what Perry does where he starts playing dumb or he starts feeding us canned responses like we won’t notice how off course and full of BS he is. Whereas, Romney has proven time and time again he can effortlessly form a logical argument, even in the face of personal attacks. If he's feeding us BS, then it's so subtle it hasn't tripped my keen BS detector yet.

At this point, I think we would be wise to focus on our strongest candidate overall that can beat Obama. Despite what Ron Paul thinks, I believe that's Romney. No, Romney is not perfect, but I believe he's the lesser of the evils.

I like Ron Paul's ideas to turn our economy around, but I'm concerned about his health. I hate to say it, but he looks frail. He just doesn't have the strong commanding presence that Romney has. Romney is regal!

That's another concern I have with Ron Paul.
    As Richard Nixon said, "we're all Keynesians now"