User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's your GOP pick for 2012?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bachmann

0 0%
  • Cain

1 3.33%
  • Gingrich

0 0%
  • Huntsman

4 13.33%
  • Paul

23 76.67%
  • Perry

0 0%
  • Romney

2 6.67%
  • Santorum

0 0%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    No one seems to like poor Ron Paul..
    I like him.

I just donated $20.12 to his Veteran's Day Money Bomb today.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I like him.

I meant the media. It seems to pretend like he does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I meant the media. It seems to pretend like he does not exist.
    Really? I never noticed.

[YOUTUBE="4TE0_p2ydr4"]Ron Paul[/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I like him.

Good for you. I Ron Paul. He is so smart and adorable.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

A window to the soul

I Romney, he's so smart and adorable.

Am I crazy to think Huntsman and Mr. Rogers look like twins?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Herman Caine is an ESTP who has Style. He lacks substance but clearly has style (which sometimes even translates into charisma).

Try turning down the volume and watch a one on one interview with him and see if you can notice it.

I doubt if I could ever vote for him but (and althought I couldn't go to a bar, with for example, former president George W. Bush) I could go to a bar and have a cocktail with Caine.

Maybe even go to the strip club thereafter. ;-)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I Romney, he's so smart and adorable.
    It's so cute when he buys a company, fires all its employees, and then sells it in a soon to be bankrupt state for an obscene profit.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    It's so cute when he buys a company, fires all its employees, and then sells it in a soon to be bankrupt state for an obscene profit.
    That's the business world. Understand, it's not necessarily a bad thing when a company goes bankrupt. In fact, it can be an orderly way for a company to get a fresh start and continue operating.

I'm guessing you're specifically talking about the 1992 Ampad deal that Bain Capital funded, correct? Since Romney was co-founder and CEO of that company, the liberal media tries to use it against Romney, but Romney did not orchestrate the events that led up to Ampad's bankruptcy (see quote below). It’s also important to note that for every failed deal Bain Capital had, there were at least 100 successful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericaNeedsMitt.com
    Here are the nitty-gritty parts of the Ampad story that the liberals don’t want you to know, and are never - ever- mentioned in the articles detailing the demise of Ampad:

1. Bottom line up front: The “demise” of Ampad has been greatly exaggerated. The company, which had just 250 employees in 1992 is still around, and is currently owned by Esselte, which acquired the company in 2010. Ampad now employs 4,100 people – almost twenty times the number of people it employed in 1992. That astounding growth would not have been possible without going through the bankruptcy process.
    2. In 1992, when Bain Capital acquired Ampad from Mead, it was already in trouble. In fact, Mead announced the sale of its Ampad subsidiary to Bain in the third paragraph of a press release announcing that there would be 1,000 layoffs over the next two years. (New York Times 7/3/92 – Mead Corp. to Lay Off 1,000)
    3. In actuality, Ampad CEO Hanson and COO Gard – who earlier ran Ampad as a subsidiary of Mead Corporation – purchased the company with funding from Bain in a leveraged buy-out (LBO) with short-term financing from Mead. Hanson and Gard invested only $280,000 of their own money. The majority of the purchase price was borrowed from Mead, leaving Ampad saddled with a huge acquisition debt. When Ampad lost over $22 million during 1994-95, it could barely service, let alone repay, that debt.
    4. When Bain acquired the company, Ampad’s annual revenue was $106 million. Bain charged a 1%-2% consulting fee to Ampad, and raised their annual revenue to $689 million by 1997. That’s a 550% increase in just five years. Even so, they were still deeply in debt.
    5. Ampad borrowed extensively to fund a $200 million bond issue, and to acquire four other similar companies in 1994 and 1995 to raise revenue and to make themselves more attractive for an IPO, and in so doing, they over-extended themselves financially. As they attempted to consolidate production facilities and eliminate redundancies, the unionized employees of Smith Corona (SCM) at a plant in Marion IN balked at the changes and went on strike, halting all work at the plant in September 1994.
    6. Unable to meet the union’s demands, and in dire financial straights, Ampad closed the plant down in February 1995, and 250 workers lost their jobs. The media rarely reports the union’s role in those job losses.
    7. In 1996, Ampad went IPO, and Bain sold 40% of its shares at that time. Critics who claim Bain was “looting” the company are unable to explain why Bain wouldn’t sell all of it’s shares in Ampad at that time. After all, who holds onto a stock if they think it’s going to be worthless soon? The 40% holdings that Bain did sell brought them $45 million, but this is where it’s important to remember that $51 million borrowed to finance the original acquisition of Ampad.
    8. Ampad filed for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2000, but a judge forced them into Chapter 7 bankruptcy, paying creditors 50 cents on the dollar. It’s stock became worthless, with Bain Capital still holding about 30% of the outstanding worthless stock. That would be roughly 5 million shares, with a basis (IPO) price of $15.13 each, for a grand total of $75 million in worthless stock.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I kinda get the feeling thats what he plans to do to the US of A. Dang those guys who get the obscene profits are gonna be having a swell time ;-)

A window to the soul

I kinda get the feeling thats what he plans to do to the US of A. Dang those guys who get the obscene profits are gonna be having a swell time ;-)
    Dang NT feelings!