User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's your GOP pick for 2012?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bachmann

0 0%
  • Cain

1 3.33%
  • Gingrich

0 0%
  • Huntsman

4 13.33%
  • Paul

23 76.67%
  • Perry

0 0%
  • Romney

2 6.67%
  • Santorum

0 0%
First 172526272829 Last

A window to the soul

Exclamation Huckabee GOP Presidential Forum

GOP Forum tonight 8pm ET on Fox News!

Participants: Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Santorum, Paul, Cain

Huckabee Previews Republican Presidential Forum
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/1306728751001/

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm kinda bummed Ron Paul has declined the Donald Trump debate. I think he stands to actually get some air time there...

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by GatoLoco View Post
    I'm kinda bummed Ron Paul has declined the Donald Trump debate. I think he stands to actually get some air time there...

Ron Paul got a fair amount of airtime today yesterday.

MBTI
    INFP

Ron Paul was asked if there was one book to recommend the american people to read. He answered The Law, by Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Ron Paul was asked if there was one book to recommend the american people to read. He answered The Law, by Frederic Bastiat
    This was an awesome answer.

I hope people take him up on his recommendation.

From the forward:
    "Anyone building a personal library of liberty must include in it a copy of Frédéric Bastiat’s classic essay, “The Law.” First published in 1850 by the great French economist and journalist, it is as clear a statement as has ever been made of the original American ideal of government, as proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence, that the main purpose of any government is the protection of the lives, liberties, and property of its citizens."

Complete PDF of this short book: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

YouTube of audio:
    [YOUTUBE="ikgwLu_qVjI"]The Law[/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    The von Mises Institute sent me that book out of nowhere back when I was in college.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Huntsman and especially, anti-war Paul, are obvious choices. But Romney? lol. I'm curious about the American justification for that decision. Unless of course, you're lobbyists. The current trend for Gringrich I guess is because of Herman Cain's withdrawal. Either there's an undeveloped rationale behind the support of these characters, muddled American values, or the dynamics of both.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Huntsman and especially, anti-war Paul, are obvious choices. But Romney? lol. I'm curious about the American justification for that decision. Unless of course, you're lobbyists. The current trend for Gringrich I guess is because of Herman Cain's withdrawal. Either there's an undeveloped rationale behind the support of these characters, muddled American values, or the dynamics of both.
    The reason I don't Romney is that his insurance mandate model is weak and inefficient. I don't think it is a workable model for this nation's health care. I would rather see something like Vermont's system go national. RomneyCare is definitely a huge improvement from zilch, but I don't think it really does enough.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by GatoLoco View Post
    I don't blame him. There seems to be bad blood between the two and I wouldn't trust Trump (who also claims he will endorse one of the candidates soon but no explicit date) to pull a "fast one" at the debate. Law 36: DISDAIN THINGS YOU CANNOT HAVE: IGNORING THEM IS THE BEST REVENGE (48 Laws of Power). Refusing to attend (its nice to have Huntsman join in choosing not to attend) because its beneath one to attend a Trump moderated debate and the added rational "because Trump insulted the Iowa GOP [by doing a 'noshow' at one of their parties where he was headlining as the guest of honor] seems like one of the more rare "political" acts of RP.

Ron Paul is in second place in Iowa now so I don't blame him for being a bit cautious. See also http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...-Who-s-winning

This missed/excluded from debate however is worse. http://www.redstate.com/mikeymike143...peak%E2%80%9D/ for both intrinsic and extrinsic reasons.

At the Huckabee debate for the question on which Amendment to the Constitution did he like the least I am suprised that Ron Paul did not mention the 16th amendment.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Update: Wasn't it a Xmas or Thanksgiving several years ago where Donald Trump got in a spat with another public figure and it was constantly playing out via the media? See: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/69792.html.

It looks like Paul is letting his campaign people have a little fun with this one (and in American politics something as silly as this can make a difference via political theater) Not saying that this will go anywhere but then again the Donald trump and Rosie O'Donnell feud seemed much ado about nothing but nevertheless got a lot of airplay and water cooler conversation.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"