User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's your GOP pick for 2012?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bachmann

0 0%
  • Cain

1 3.33%
  • Gingrich

0 0%
  • Huntsman

4 13.33%
  • Paul

23 76.67%
  • Perry

0 0%
  • Romney

2 6.67%
  • Santorum

0 0%
First 132122232425 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    If Ron Paul was smart he would learn how to play the political game to win. He's not doing himself or anyone else any favors by being so extremely idealistic that he doesn't get elected.
    He may rid the political sphere of some of the misinformation and bullshit tactics that so deeply impress your ilk. That would be very admirable.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The republicans, on the whole, will never change because they have an emotional attachment to war. There is no rationality about it, so trying to respond rationally will fail.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    He may rid the political sphere of some of the misinformation and bullshit tactics that so deeply impress your ilk. That would be very admirable.
    Hmmm, I am deeply unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    The republicans, on the whole, will never change because they have an emotional attachment to war. There is no rationality about it, so trying to respond rationally will fail.
    In a perfect utopia the power of love replaces the love of power, we join hands, and sing "cumbaya" in unison.

Without war there would be no peace. Unfortunately, we have enemies.. It doesn't matter how kind you are or how peaceful, there are going to be people that just don't like you and that's the way it is. So when you're staring down the barrel of a gun, it's kill or be killed, and war is the logical answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Ron Paul has these things called "values."
    Who doesn’t have values? When your job is dealing with the public and you’re on a panel of your peers, it’s wise to embrace camaraderie and understand the social protocol of the group; therefore, using discretion, and being respectful, even though your personal values were violated.

Deceiving the public about government spending so you can score a political point would violate those values.
    No sir. And again, we’re back where we started in this discussion. If you believe people are innocent until proven guilty, then do as the media did and give Romney the benefit of the doubt. I have yet to hear anyone that’s anyone be foolish enough to draw such an undeserved conclusion about Romney. Yes, Ron Paul was more knowledgeable on the defense budget subject. Yes, Romney threw out two ideas (one which was correct and one that was partially correct) and then tried to link them together and did so in error. That’s all we can fairly say. There's not much to it, it's that simple. To say anything more would be a stretch.

The idea that this is part of some sort of unspoken protocol seems a bit bizarre to me. I'll play along though. I think we should make new unspoken rules for these debates. Rule #1: no repeating word for word what your handlers tell you to say.
    Thank you for humoring me. <3

It's not a new or novel idea, I promise you. If you want to swim in the deep end, you gotta learn how to swim.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 11-25-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

It's not a new or novel idea, I promise you. If you want to swim in the deep end, you gotta learn how to swim.

I think these debates make it pretty clear who's swimming in the deep end and who's swimming in the shallow end.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    To be a little more specific the republicans and democrats have an emotional attachment to meddling in other countries affairs without bothering to declare war constitutionally. It's ridiculous.

A friend of mine who's a marine officer doing some of the most dangerous work in Afghanistan called today. Want to guess who he's supporting?

A window to the soul

I think these debates make it pretty clear who's swimming in the deep end and who's swimming in the shallow end.
    Right back at ya Mr. Fi! :> I feel like I'm repeating myself, but for clarification here goes it, again...
    Balance is the key. I'm not suggesting Ron Paul sell out; on the contrary, I'm suggesting that he sell himself more effectively with careful consideration to the concerns of the people and his party. For example, he wants to legalize illegal drugs, prostitution, and such. A reasonable person will question his motivation because when you add it all up, you've got to wonder, is Ron Paul logically looking at what's in the best interest of the overall group (Fe) or does he care more about following a pure libertarian ideology on principle (Fi)?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

this is probably the most encouraging poll I've seen in years
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Right back at ya Mr. Fi! :> I feel like I'm repeating myself, but for clarification here goes it, again...
    Balance is the key. I'm not suggesting Ron Paul sell out; on the contrary, I'm suggesting that he sell himself more effectively with careful consideration to the concerns of the people and his party.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

-Douglas Adams

You might think this is a joke, but Jefferson and Washington firmly believed in it. That's why they didn't campaign.

For example, he wants to legalize illegal drugs, prostitution, and such. A reasonable person will question his motivation because when you add it all up, you've got to wonder, is Ron Paul logically looking at what's in the best interest of the overall group (Fe) or does he care more about following a pure libertarian ideology on principle (Fi)?
    Ron Paul thinks liberty for everyone is better for everyone. That includes the liberty to pass state laws he doesn't agree with. Preserving state self determination and limiting federal intervention in criminal issues is in everyone's interest.

Yes, he has an abrupt style. But, saying what he actually believes has worked very well for him so far. It's important to remember Paul isn't trying to unite the party or get elected. He's trying to change minds and change The course of history.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Balance is the key. I'm not suggesting Ron Paul sell out; on the contrary, I'm suggesting that he sell himself more effectively with careful consideration to the concerns of the people and his party. For example, he wants to legalize illegal drugs, prostitution, and such. A reasonable person will question his motivation because when you add it all up, you've got to wonder, is Ron Paul logically looking at what's in the best interest of the overall group (Fe) or does he care more about following a pure libertarian ideology on principle (Fi)?
    - I think it's really more Te motivated than Fi motivated (though it's definitely both). it's about what works. the private sector across the board is more efficient, more cost effective and has a much more positive contribution to GDP, so why not make as much of the market free as possible?
    - correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be operating under the assumption that compromise is always a good thing. if someone wants to ravage your anus, you don't just compromise and say "no, but the front end is fine". there are certain things in which compromise is always a bad thing. freedom, integrity, safety just to name a few.
    - you also seem to be operating under the assumption that agreeing is more important than doing what works. if a physician is advocating that private health care leads to lower costs and better quality of care, but 99 other people say it doesn't, I'm going with the physician (btw, Ron Paul is a physician )
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Without war there would be no peace.
    Peace (noun): 1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.