User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's your GOP pick for 2012?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bachmann

0 0%
  • Cain

1 3.33%
  • Gingrich

0 0%
  • Huntsman

4 13.33%
  • Paul

23 76.67%
  • Perry

0 0%
  • Romney

2 6.67%
  • Santorum

0 0%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I just watched the Fox News/Google Debate from September 22 and am astound that Rick Perry has any followers at all. He is obviously the stupidest candidate on stage. Fox seems to like him, though. Why is that?
    Rick Perry exists to make other candidates appear more competent and intelligent

This is why there is a large popular support for candidates such as Mitt Romney, despite his policies

Herman Cain serves the same purpose in that he makes the other candidates appear less rapey and creepy

The ones I found most sympathetic are Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul. Why is Romney more popular than Huntsman?

MBTI
    INTP

The ones I found most sympathetic are Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul. Why is Romney more popular than Huntsman?
    Huntsman identifies as center-right, meaning he is essentially Obama. Although most Americans favor Obama, many Republicans do not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Hun...olitical_views

Sure he opposes abortion and same-sex marriage, but he just doesn't connect with the base of the Republican party.

Who knows? Maybe he will be a major contender. His radical views on evolution and global warming make him an unlikely presidential candidate.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...call-me-crazy/

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Who knows? Maybe he will be a major contender. His radical views on evolution and global warming make him an unlikely presidential candidate.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...call-me-crazy/
    So he is too reasonable (and has too interesting a taste in music) to appeal to the Republican base? How sad. Is there any reason he could not become a Democrat?

MBTI
    INTP

So he is too reasonable (and has too interesting a taste in music) to appeal to the Republican base? How sad. Is there any reason he could not become a Democrat?
    He could almost certainly be mistaken as a Democrat. Leaders are not to be mistaken, they are distinct.

MBTI
    xNxx

Huntsman looks like the stereotypical creepy politician in a dystopian sci-fi movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Leaders are not to be mistaken, they are distinct.
    I suppose what makes people distinct is media coverage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I suppose what makes people distinct is media coverage.
    Especially with networks like Faux News and "news reporters" like Bill O'Reilly. Below is a clip where he has his own straw poll for his show and then removed Ron Paul from the choices because his supporters "slammed the poll" (i.e. apparently participation in his poll by people are excited about their candidate and tell other people who are exicted about the same candidate about the online poll- in other words democracy but voting a way Bill O'Reilly doesn't like)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pJPt...ature=youtu.be
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Although I don't trust him I must admit that Newt Gingrich is a powerful debater. He has a strong presence and good grasp of politics and the English language.

After the sexual harassment charges against Cain inevitably take their toll I think Gingrich will pick up on some of the lost support and will be the next media darling/flavor of the month (although will not get as close as Cain got)

I never thought I would have ever saw such a poor political debater as George W. Bush; that is until Perry. Now I actually look forward to seeing Perry debate. Its like they throw him out there and his comes off as a dumb ass who has had a couple/few stiff drinks before he enters on the podium. Good (unintentional) comic relief.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

figsfiggyfigs

No one seems to like poor Ron Paul..