2. Sequestration has been the #1 political issue a week or two and has been a possibility for 3 months. There is no excuse for not knowing what it actually means if your running for president.
3. I prefer candidates that can think and not just spit out lines that are fed to them.
4. Romney IS a finance guy. He should know this.
5. He should also know with unlimited deficit spending it's a bit of a farce to say one thing is being cut to pay for another.
Robert Pape, a University of Chicago political science professor and former Air Force lecturer, will present findings on Capitol Hill on Tuesday that argue that the majority of suicide terrorism around the world since 1980 has had a common cause: military occupation.
Pape and his team of researchers draw on data produced by a six-year study of suicide terrorist attacks around the world that was partially funded by the Defense Department's Defense Threat Reduction Agency. They have compiled the terrorism statistics in a publicly available database comprising some 10,000 records on some 2,200 suicide terrorism attacks, dating back to the first suicide terrorism attack of modern times*— the 1983 truck bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, which killed 241 U.S. Marines.
2. Where's the evidence that they hate us because we're awesome?