First 12345 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    BREAKING

Students brutally assault peace officers EN MASSE, video evidence was submitted moments ago

[YOUTUBE="buovLQ9qyWQ"]Protesters[/YOUTUBE]

How long will we put up with these brownshirts? Sure, these peace officers escaped without injury, but what will happen next time? Or the next?

Are we really going to let these communist subverters abuse the first amendment like this? I think that enough is enough.
    Dude skirmishing in the US looks so, er, orderly, neither side escalates to the kind of violence I'd expect, its nothing like here at all. You got a very orderly and peaceable country from the look of things.

I mean something like that happens here and people are dead. Plus the riot police would need way more armour and the demonstrators would not get that close to them.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Dude skirmishing in the US looks so, er, orderly, neither side escalates to the kind of violence I'd expect, its nothing like here at all. You got a very orderly and peaceable country from the look of things.

I mean something like that happens here and people are dead. Plus the riot police would need way more armour and the demonstrators would not get that close to them.
    It's lame compared to most countries. That doesn't make it any less distracting.

There is more violence going on than what you see in this video, though.......
    The video looks to be mainly college kids doing their thang.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    It's lame compared to most countries. That doesn't make it any less distracting.

There is more violence going on than what you see in this video, though.......
    The video looks to be mainly college kids doing their thang.
    It is a shame there is violence, I hope as few people as possible come to harm and that no one has to spend long restoring any property destroyed in the process.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It is a shame there is violence, I hope as few people as possible come to harm and that no one has to spend long restoring any property destroyed in the process.
    Yes. Very much so.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is part of the reason why Europe has medical care and other things.

The government should fear the people rather than the people fearing the government.

MBTI
    XXFP

The way I see it, when you take over a public area and refuse to leave, that's provocation. If I peacefully set up a roadblock in the middle of the street and blocked a major intersection, eventually, someone would have to remove me. Even if I was super friendly in response to everyone who talked to me (and likely many people would not be so friendly), even if I was passive and quiet, eventually the time would come to get me out of the way - forcibly. I think that's a justifiable response.

If I were in the position of being one of those officers, I'd be very aware of how those crowd dynamics intensify. A group of people walking toward and crowding police officers may quickly turn into being over run. Remember: the mob stops being individuals. It becomes a group. And a charged group can act strangely, irrationally. I saw this last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeCEEdyk7c4 - This may be a group of individuals, but they are charging forward - perhaps wildly, as a group. This is a stampede.

You're a cop: strike first and send them running back before they organize around your position. That's protecting yourself. Is that fair? Nope. But there it is.

If you want to protest, there's a cost of doing business. You need to go out of your way to be non-antagonistic, to not crowd, or else expect trouble.

I really believe that people should save the street protests for actual revolutions (that involve the destruction/overthrow of the current system) or for peaceful solidarity. If you want peaceful change, there are constructive methods to go about it. The mob isn't it, or there are certainly better methods available.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Since when did protesting ever become orderly?

In fact, since when did protesting work in terms of government allowing you to protest in your terms in one specific spot?

Other than that filming police should not be an issue, seeing the civilians get hurt for disobeying an order should not be an issue.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Absolutely. I think filming police should be mandatory. What if one of them is a psychopath?! All of those poor, innocent protestors blocking my passage to get to work...man, how could they use batons?! Psychotic fuckers!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Absolutely. I think filming police should be mandatory. What if one of them is a psychopath?! All of those poor, innocent protestors blocking my passage to get to work...man, how could they use batons?! Psychotic fuckers!
    Just sayin'

They should know that others are watching, just as those people should know they may get hurt for not obeying.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Just sayin'

They should know that others are watching, just as those people should know they may get hurt for not obeying.
    They know others are watching. I think media could be more fair.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype