User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 63

  1. #11
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    no idea, i'm not in support of forcing them to leave either. what i do know is that if you treat people like the enemy, they're going to fight back.

    i don't even give a fuck about the occupy movement or think it's that effective, but i do appreciate the people in oakland for being g's and not backing down.

    idk i find it really hard to feel bad for the police, because i know people who get targeted by them all the time for no reason. dwb and whatnot.
    The only reason the police wanted them to vacate the park was because it had become a safety hazard to the city of Oakland. As soon as it was cleaned, the OWS people were allowed back into the park. I don't see why people would fight safety and reason. That's why I am on the police's side in the matter.

    I don't know anyone who gets targeted by the police unfairly, so I don't know that side of the coin. I do know that if you are breaking the law in any way, you will get pulled over in the car, doesn't matter what color you are.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  2. #12
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Hey, if you want to get hit by rubber bullets, be my guest, and test Oakland police. Then we will see who's stupid.

    I take it you aren't from Oakland, so you haven't seen much police harrassment, or how losers completely COVER the city in graffiti, break windows ALL over the place downtown, bad-mouth the police and violently assault them, etc. It is not a one-sided affair. DUH. If you want to be safe, it's best to be on the police side, not out breaking windows, refusing to vacate, or RUINING the whole city with grafitti, setting fires, recording the police against their will along with verbal harrassment, etc. Recording the police for them is just another form of harrassment that they enjoy taking part in, and that's why I don't agree with it. If you mind your own business and do what's right, guess what? No fucking rubber bullets. End of story. Why does it take a god damn rocket scientist to figure that one out? So, while I think that IF a police officer is breaking the law, you should record them, I also don't think people should follow police officers around with cameras just because they fucking feel like it. That's harrassment.

    Oakland is also full of pimps, hos, drug dealers, gang-bangers, etc. who believe that the police are their enemy simply because they want to stop them from breaking the law. It's an environment of "hate the police".
    Last edited by highlander; 11-08-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: insult removed
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  3. #13

    Default

    What are you doing man? I cant place you at all on these topics, you could be a right wing protest warrior styling like Maddox or Heartless Libertarian or you could be a lefty trying to satirise those things.

  4. #14
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I don't know anyone who gets targeted by the police unfairly, so I don't know that side of the coin. I do know that if you are breaking the law in any way, you will get pulled over in the car, doesn't matter what color you are.
    ...do you know any black people? just wondering.

    i'm pretty sure i could get away with murder here, tbh.

  5. #15
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    ...do you know any black people? just wondering.

    i'm pretty sure i could get away with murder here, tbh.
    Yes, I know a few black people, but most of them don't live in Oakland. They live in Berkeley and Emeryville, and they don't seem to have any troubles. Most of my neighbors are black, actually.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  6. #16
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yes, I know a few black people, but most of them don't live in Oakland. They live in Berkeley and Emeryville, and they don't seem to have any troubles. Most of my neighbors are black, actually.
    share your opinions with them and see how they react.

  7. #17
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    share your opinions with them and see how they react.
    A few of them would agree with me. The others - not sure. I do know that I had one situation with a black girl who was parked in our parking lot driveway, and we needed to get out to go to work, so we had to call the police. We're sitting there yelling at her when she finally came out, and the police told us to chill and said that we were blocking her passage to get out of the driveway. He did not ticket her, despite us having to wait for 30 minutes to get out of our own parking lot, and all she was doing was using the bathroom lol.... so he took her side in the matter, not ours. I ended up yelling at the cop, and asked him how would we ever keep our driveway clear if he refused to ticket people? People park there all the time, just usually not for more than 2 or 3 minutes lol.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  8. #18
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    A few of them would agree with me. The others - not sure. I do know that I had one situation with a black girl who was parked in our driveway parking lot, and we needed to get out to go to work, so we had to call the police. We're sitting there yelling at her when she finally came out, and the police told us to chill and said that we were blocking her passage to get out of the driveway. He did not ticket her, despite us having to wait for 30 minutes to get out of our own parking lot, and all she was doing was using the bathroom lol.... so he took her side in the matter, not ours. I ended up yelling at the cop, and asked him how would we ever keep our driveway clear if he refused to ticket people? People park there all the time, just usually not for more than 2 or 3 minutes lol.....
    omg what an injustice. how did you recover???

  9. #19
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    omg what an injustice. how did you recover???
    My point being, that you claim you could murder a black person and get away with it, when I can't even get a policewo/man to ticket one.

    You're crazy, girl.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  10. #20
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    BREAKING

    Students brutally assault peace officers EN MASSE, video evidence was submitted moments ago

    [YOUTUBE="buovLQ9qyWQ"]Protesters[/YOUTUBE]

    How long will we put up with these brownshirts? Sure, these peace officers escaped without injury, but what will happen next time? Or the next?

    Are we really going to let these communist subverters abuse the first amendment like this? I think that enough is enough.

Similar Threads

  1. Word Association (no, it won't increase your post count)
    By Tigerlily in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25779
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 06:47 PM
  2. Protesting the Iraq War may be a Crime?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 08:00 AM
  3. Swarm of violent protesters assault police
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 07:20 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP growing more cynical, losing more friends
    By intpgirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 08:54 PM
  5. MLK defence of non-violent protest and human dignity
    By Owl in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO