Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Similarities and differences between America and Nazi Germany

I'm interested to see where this thread will go.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire
    Likes Noon liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

How about not a great deal of similarity at all. How about that's a really dumb comparison to make at all. The thread is Godwin'd before it even starts.
    Likes Noon liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I could go on all day. For just one example, both have government funded roads. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    How about not a great deal of similarity at all. How about that's a really dumb comparison to make at all. The thread is Godwin'd before it even starts.
    It would be more accurate to say it started with a Godwin.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I could go on all day. For just one example, both have government funded roads. Wow!

It would be more accurate to say it started with a Godwin.
    I kid you not that those sorts of dumb associations are important to the libertarian cause, there's libertarians who use the superficial reading of The Communist Manifesto's goals, ie universal schools and education, to insist that the US is a communist regime!!

Its frigging nuts, just lately I read a blog post by a libertarian, it was well constructed and didnt read like someone who was straining to appear like an intellectual or thinker (and there are plenty of them in all political circles but there's a rash of them among younger libertarians) but they where seriously posting and reflecting on the writings of some nutter from victorian england arguing that public sewage works and public sanitation where creeping tyranny!!

I've actually got to the point where I dont think its politics or discussion any longer, its people fabricating threats and hostiles themselves, like governments once did, to compensate for the fact nothing is happening and they've got an objectively dull life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Lark, I think Magic was joking.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1s4fj-5zlk"]Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourettes[/YOUTUBE]

There are so many ways I could answer to the OP, some more serious than others. But something tells me, a German telling a bunch of Americans on an American dominated forum about the differences and similarities between their country and Nazi Germany might not be appreciated.

Anyway, nazi comparisons should be used like nitroclycerine - with great care and in a medical dosis or you'll start blowing up things
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Lark, I think Magic was joking.
    I know that but I'm sure he's encountered that sort of reasoning, as have I and that's why I posted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I know that but I'm sure he's encountered that sort of reasoning, as have I and that's why I posted.
    Funnily enough, I have only heard that kind of reasoning from Americans (and only from extreme libertarian nutjobs on the internet or in other media), never from other Germans (who tend to know what Nazi Germany really was)
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Funnily enough, I have only heard that kind of reasoning from Americans (and only from extreme libertarian nutjobs on the internet or in other media), never from other Germans (who tend to know what Nazi Germany really was)
    That's who I was talking about, while there's been some libertarianism making inroads into the UK, its mainly a US trend. The comparisons between their society and both nazi germany or communism.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well for starters: in America there are too many opinions, in Nazi Germany there was only one opinion .

And this forum isnt american dominated, look at my post count
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Sniffles

Well in both countries Germans make up the largest ethnic group. Does that count?

Oh yeah I almost forgot:

Yes prior to 1942, the proper salute to the American flag was Bellamy Salute, which is excactly the same as the Fascist salute.