^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Get a job.
    I already told you I have one!
    Actually, I asked if you knew what it was.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I already told you I have one!
    Actually, I asked if you knew what it was.
    You can do better than poop scooping.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

You can do better than poop scooping.
    If I am to understand correctly, you are actually considerably older than me. It makes your immaturity all the more astonishing. I don't know if I've ever seen you involved in something I could actually call a conversation or a debate on this forum based on the manner of conduct, and yet you have >6000 posts here. 6000 posts of the sort of crap you've said in reply to me in the past couple days.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

It makes your immaturity all the more astonishing.
    Your own immaturity was mirrored back to you. Period.
    Go do what you have done for years in this forum - whine about people with money.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Your own immaturity was mirrored back to you. Period.
    Go do what you have done for years in this forum - whine about people with money.
    This is why your wars never ended with SimulatedWorld or Zarathustra. You won't stop responding to me, will you? You can come up with a million ways to disparage me but you can't just stop responding.

So, for example, I can say that you have absolutely not reciprocated my level of maturity at all, as demonstrated in the Occupy Wall Street thread. The onus for maturity was entirely on you, because you never once responded in a manner as constructive or as thoughtful as all the posts I directed to you. Do you assume things are evident in their truth just because you said them at all? Or is it just because you don't care, because I'm not worth you time? I kept getting at the fact that if it were the latter it would be odd for you to acknowledge me as persistently as you do.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

This is why your wars never ended with SimulatedWorld or Zarathustra.
    I'm not currently, nor have I ever been, "at war" with Zara. Resorting to posting lies won't help your case. And bringing up Sim, who was permabanned, is pointless.

Now you're just becoming a common troll.
    Hit the road.

Protests are obviously a "legitimate" form of of communication. The better question is, "Are they effective?"

The other forms of dissent listed, such as running for office, writing an editorial, etc. are largely individual efforts. The candidate or writer controls the message and keeps it focused. Protests tend to start with an individual or small group with a focused message, but the more people a protest attracts, the more diluted and confused the message becomes. If the protest hits a tipping point, people start arriving for the social aspect. That's why "Rock The Vote" and other college-oriented civil action programs usually fail spectacularly - people come for the party and then forget to follow through. That's how you get scenesters with a vague (at best) grasp of the issue speaking for the group and making it look stupid.

So yeah, it's legit. But I think it's almost inevitable that without clear communication and control of the message, most of them are doomed to end with a whimper when the next shiny thing comes along.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Protests are obviously a "legitimate" form of of communication. The better question is, "Are they effective?"
    There I expect is the real discussion beginning.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm of the opinion that you don't have to protest, you just have to vote. But there's a long tradition of civil disobedience as your patriotic American duty, too, and I can respect that. Also the visibility of a protest forces reactions. Politicians can't ignore what gets on the news. They're forced to comment and take a side, and once they're filmed taking a side, they have to be held accountable, so making it visible gives the process momentum.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post

The other forms of dissent listed, such as running for office, writing an editorial, etc. are largely individual efforts. The candidate or writer controls the message and keeps it focused. Protests tend to start with an individual or small group with a focused message, but the more people a protest attracts, the more diluted and confused the message becomes. If the protest hits a tipping point, people start arriving for the social aspect. That's why "Rock The Vote" and other college-oriented civil action programs usually fail spectacularly - people come for the party and then forget to follow through. That's how you get scenesters with a vague (at best) grasp of the issue speaking for the group and making it look stupid.

So yeah, it's legit. But I think it's almost inevitable that without clear communication and control of the message, most of them are doomed to end with a whimper when the next shiny thing comes along.
    Good points, and pretty-much describes the Nov. 2nd protest here. It was just a party.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype