User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Daughter speaks out on the Today Show

http://www.inquisitr.com/156466/judg...se-tape-video/

Unfortunately in the video they mention that there is a statute of limitations that covers 5 years from the incident. The video is 7 years old, so it is unlikely that charges will be filed.

Daughter and mother speak together:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...46781#45146781

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'd love to administer a beating to that sick sonofabitch.
    I wouldn't use a belt, I'd use my bare hands, and it would hurt far, far worse than any belt imaginable.
    Why isn't he in a maximum security prison?
    Please tell me he's in jail, before I lose all faith in our criminal justice system...
    Wow, Bro. I can't believe shit like this happens still.
    How fucking barbaric can someone be?
    He's not. He hasn't even been fired. Moreover, according to an article I read this morning, these investigators may dismiss this as normal discipline rather than child abuse or any other criminal charges.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Same. I didn't watch but a small segment of the beginning of the video before posting it here. After posting it, I went back and watched it all and it's apparent that the mother stepped in as a tactic to marginally diffuse the father's out of control beating.
    Yea, I didn't see this. I was so angry when I watched it, all I thought about the mother was "cold ass bitch". I couldn't imagine at the time that she could possibly be doing anything but aiding and abetting a criminal lol...... considering that I could not act that way. I had very different parental figures. My father was a patriarchal asshole, but my mother was the kindof mother that would've fought him like a man if he would've hit me with a belt, so I have this view of a very kind mother in my head. A neglectful, selfish, doormat mother in a lot of ways, but at the same time, not a cold, heartless bitch like this woman is.

After I watched the video, I just went away and forgot about it, so it didn't occur to me until I read what Jennifer wrote.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think it just generally irks me to see "TEXAS" emblazoned on everything Texas related. When shit happens else where, I don't really hear about where they come from.. but EVERYONE knows when it comes out of Texas.

On to the OP.

I got spanked all the time by my father.. My sisters and I would have to line up. We got spanked worse if he didn't just take the punishment and move on. I didn't feel it was abuse, nor did I fear my father outside of a "I don't want to get in trouble" sort of way. My sister, who took the punishments a lot more severly than I did, still didn't feel her life was in danger or anything like that.

I think what bothered me the most about this video is the length.... Spankings lasted a few minutes, MAX, and usually most of that was getting my sister to sit still for the one or two pops she'd end up receiving. My father was never angry when he did it either.. I mean, frustrated at us, maybe.. but not ANGRY with us. And the things he'd say certainly weren't out of anger--disappointment usually. It was like a "Damnit.. why do I have to do this? can't you just listen the first time?" demeanor from him.

There is a difference between punishing a child in this manner, and what this guy was doing. He was angry, and beligerent, and.. Honestly.. If someone feels the need to record themselves being beaten.. It's happened too many times and gone too far. It's not punishment anymore if the child is that scared. I think she was only resisting bending over to show how far he takes these sort of things.. It's sorta sad.

Jennifer's point about girls being obedient is what really jerks my chain though. It has nothing to do with the beating itself--it looked like a typical southern ass whoopin, honestly, although it was a bit too long. But the tone he used, and the words he said, are what irks the shit out of me. Some men just can't handle having a daughter..

As far as the mother. "Tactfully" stepping in isn't protecting your child. I don't think anything excuses her from allowing this to happen enough for her to video record it. Accomplice, at best. If her life was in danger.. its one thing.. when she saw her children getting abused, she should have taken them and headed for the hills.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

A window to the soul

:LAUGH: Abuse? Hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Daughter speaks out on the Today Show

http://www.inquisitr.com/156466/judg...se-tape-video/
    What a drama queen!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Father claims that the video was retaliation because he told his 23 year old daughter he cutting back on his ongoing financial contributions and was going to take away her Mercedes Benz.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...-out-of-spite/
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

Posting the video was the right thing to do, even if it could be used as a form of retaliation.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Posting the video was the right thing to do, even if it could be used as a form of retaliation.
    Why was posting the video the right thing to do?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Why was posting the video the right thing to do?
    It exposes crime committed by a public official. To not reveal it would be socially irresponsible and morally unjustifiable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It exposes crime committed by a public official. To not reveal it would be socially irresponsible and morally unjustifiable.
    You might be right but in particular after the substantial passage of time and having moved on and out as an adult it seems like a pretty shitty thing for a person to do to their father.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"