User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Dali

@Patches I concur. I've been spanked just as bad by my parents growing up but I was still put off by that video. There was a point, towards the end of the video, at which his voice became really low and menacing... it just disturbed the hell out of me.

And where does he get off being so absurdly strict a parent and dropping f-bombs that liberally towards his daughter?

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I have a friend with a very mischievous kid who constantly telling her mother to "fuck off" whenever she tries to discipline her kid (sometimes the kid tells her to 'fuck off' and starts breaking stuff and other bad stuff when the kid is in a bad mood). The kid ran away when she took the kids phone.
    EFF! Hand that kid to my ESTJ grandmother and he'll be a veritable saint within a month's time. And no lasting scars, too.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I just got to watch the first part of the video (until the mom whacks her once, then leaves the room).

My thoughts:

1. Why is he strapping a 16-year-old girl in the first place? "Take it like a woman??" What, a woman's supposed to expect to be beaten if she disobeys? As best as I can tell, corporal punishment is typically suitable until a child starts to be able to reason, and at that point you move away from physical punishment to things that engage who the child is. At that age, physical punishment is typically shaming (you're treating someone like an animal), instills anger/fear via pain, and doesn't contribute to positive outcome, it's just negative punishment. Her reaction is not really that surprising, it's humiliating to be whipped by a parent when you're that age... and apparently that wasn't the only act of violence in that house.

2. Instead of switching into another form of punishment, he decided to just whip her over and over indiscriminately. At that point, he's no longer disciplining, he's abusing her because he's angry that she's not doing what he wants and he wants control over her. He pauses after a number of lashings, then whips her some more. Everyone has a bad day, but... if a guy is going to be a judge, he needs to be able to detach especially when things aren't going the way he had expected. This was just violent Type A male-dominating behavior, no thinking involved.

3. In light of that, I didn't really see the mother stepping in as abuse on HER part... to me it seemed very clear that she was watching her daughter get whipped without any end in sight, and so she intervened in order to get her daughter to obey in order to appease her husband and thus stop him from continuing to whip their daughter in his anger. oddly enough, it was kind of a "placating tactic" meant to defuse the spiralling situation by giving marginal appeasement to the husband.

Obviously there's some other things going on. The girl planned to tape it, and part of her defiance is no doubt in part to set her father up to show his true colors; but then again, there must have been a precedent of physical abuse for her to even expect her would respond that way in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    He admits he is hitting her not as a correction or discipline but as a means of relieving his frustration and irritation. He tells her he is so angry he should repeatedly beat her. He then beats her further. He uses the word "beat." This was NOT about discipline, it was about anger. As one point he says that if she doesn't bend over, he's going to hit her across the FACE with the belt. It's the man's dialog more than anything that bothers me.
    Yeah. Frankly, he needs a f*cking time out himself.

I've been spanked with a belt before when I was a child. The attitude from my parents about it was NEVER one of malice/sadism like this man portrayed. They were never ANGRY.
    My dad only strapped me once in anger -- I was teasing a friend to the point of tears, behavior that was not typical of me (not even sure why I did it) and it pissed him off -- I must have been 10 or so. He came after me with the belt and hit me once, then got a grip on himself. I got whacked three more times on my butt, and then he stopped. If I had refused, I'm not sure what would have happened.

But that was not typical in my house, and it's the last time I remember being physically punished. I did feel like I did something really crappy anyway.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

I would be a little more understanding if he momentarily lost self control due to anger, and hit her once, but that was very extreme. He did not instantly stop, or display any form of sympathy/regret; he just kept going. I had to mute the video from the beginning as not hear any of the audio, which I'm sure, took away from it's already graphic nature.
    The seed of the issue is even more absurd. I understand he's a judge, and he is supposed to uphold the law, but beating your disabled daughter over her internet usage is what makes this entire thing even more shocking, and revolting.

I do hope he is out of a job by now.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justic...video-beating/

"On Wednesday afternoon, William Adams was temporarily relieved of his duties for the next two weeks, and a visiting judge will take over his caseload while the matter is being investigated, according to the office of Aransas County Administrative Judge Burt Mills."

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I had to mute the video from the beginning as not hear any of the audio, which I'm sure, took away from it's already graphic nature.
    The audio is the part that really got me. Someone wrote out the dialog from the video. These were some of the worst:

"Bend over the fucking bed! Lay down, or I'll spank you on your fucking face!"
    "I'll beat you into submission!"
    "You don't deserve to fucking be in this house. Disobedient. What happened to you? Obedient, nice little girl. Now you lie, cheat, and steal."
    "If I hear so much as you raise your fucking voice to me or your mother, or the wrong tone, or you do one little thing wrong, you even look at me fucking wrong, I'm gonna take you in there and wear your fucking ass out with this belt! You understand me?"
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ESFJ

That was just utterly harrowing. My body is shaking. I counted 9 lashings before i had to turn it off.

Jesus Christ.

I hope he gets what he deserves. Sick bastard.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    3. In light of that, I didn't really see the mother stepping in as abuse on HER part... to me it seemed very clear that she was watching her daughter get whipped without any end in sight, and so she intervened in order to get her daughter to obey in order to appease her husband and thus stop him from continuing to whip their daughter in his anger. oddly enough, it was kind of a "placating tactic" meant to defuse the spiralling situation by giving marginal appeasement to the husband.
    Agreed. I thought that was pretty obvious.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I'd like to spank him with this:

3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'd love to administer a beating to that sick sonofabitch.
    I wouldn't use a belt, I'd use my bare hands, and it would hurt far, far worse than any belt imaginable.
    Why isn't he in a maximum security prison?
    Please tell me he's in jail, before I lose all faith in our criminal justice system...
    Wow, Bro. I can't believe shit like this happens still.
    How fucking barbaric can someone be?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Agreed. I thought that was pretty obvious.
    Same. I didn't watch but a small segment of the beginning of the video before posting it here. After posting it, I went back and watched it all and it's apparent that the mother stepped in as a tactic to marginally diffuse the father's out of control beating.