User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 143

  1. #21
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I got news for you. That's not what I'd call a beating. That was really mild. I don't approve of it in the slightest, but that was seriously not much as far as getting a whipping goes.
    Are you out your mind? I was expecting her to emerge at the end soaked in blood. How the hell could it get any worse?

    Anyway, my boyfriend agrees with you - he thinks that minus the verbal abuse, that it was just a normal spanking.

    This is why there are so many messed up people in this world.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  2. #22
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    The point is that it's being investigated and not overlooked.
    Why would it be overlooked? The evidence is not exactly ambiguous.

  3. #23
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Why would it be overlooked? The evidence is not exactly ambiguous.
    According to some apparently it is.

    So what's your point? That police arent going to process this case as quickly as a fresh homicide? You're probably right...

  4. #24
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    According to some apparently it is.

    So what's your point? That police arent going to process this case as quickly as a fresh homicide? You're probably right...
    I was relieved to hear that the police may be able to identify and arrest the culprit of this heinous crime. I'm lashing out.

  5. #25
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    I thought you were being facetious.

  6. #26
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    My understanding is that corporal punishment is legal in Texas and most states. They were attempting to spank her butt and she was resisting. I didn't see any welts or blood so its unclear whether he physically crossed the line.

    I personally found the verbal reprimand more disturbing than the physical punishment. Spankings should not be done in anger. Nevertheless I think that the idea of uploading corporal punishments that cross the line to viral video is a clever idea and defense in those cases when the abuse goes beyond the pale. On the other hand not being safe from being videoed in ones own home without there knowledge and having it uploaded to the internet is kinda creepy too and could digress to those situations in Nazi Germany where kids where ratting out their parents for "political misdeeds"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  7. #27
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    My understanding is that corporal punishment is legal in Texas and most states.
    How hideous. I had no idea.

    Where the states stand on corporal punishment:
    Alabama--Legal
    Alaska--Illegal
    Arizona--Legal
    Arkansas--Legal
    California--Illegal
    Colorado--Legal
    Connecticut--Illegal
    Delaware--Illegal
    District of Columbia--Illegal
    Florida--Legal
    Georgia--Legal
    Hawaii--Illegal
    Idaho--Legal
    Illinois--Illegal
    Indiana--Legal
    Iowa--Illegal
    Kansas--Legal
    Kentucky--Legal
    Louisiana--Legal
    Maine--Illegal
    Maryland--Illegal
    Massachusetts--Illegal
    Michigan--Illegal
    Minnesota--Illegal
    Mississippi--Legal
    Missouri--Legal Montana--Illegal
    Nebraska--Illegal
    Nevada--Illegal
    New Hampshire--Illegal
    New Jersey--Illegal
    New Mexico--Legal
    New York--Illegal
    North Carolina--Legal
    North Dakota--Illegal
    Ohio--Legal
    Oklahoma--Legal
    Oregon--Illegal
    Pennsylvania--Illegal
    Rhode Island--Illegal
    South Carolina--Legal
    South Dakota--Illegal
    Tennessee--Legal
    Texas--Legal
    Utah--Illegal
    Vermont--Illegal
    Virginia--Illegal
    Washington--Illegal
    West Virginia--Illegal
    Wisconsin--Illegal
    Wyoming--Legal

    Read more on FamilyEducation: http://school.familyeducation.com/cl...#ixzz1carEjmnI


    I thought we had grown past this. Parents here are under strict compliance, and if a school counsellor has reason, you will be called in and turned-in for review. I know parents who had trouble parenting their kids because the kid was really defiant and criminal, and he would tell counsellors lies. He eventually had to be sent off to military school.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  8. #28
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Legal in the state I'm moving to

  9. #29
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Hmm I thought domestic (i.e. by parent) corporeal punishment was banned in some states but according to wikipedia its lawful in all states. I dont mind spanking or even the use of a belt as long as it doesn't involve anything beyond reasonable short term pain. Probably would use it to a small degree if I had a kid. However don't think I would ever like anyone else laying a hand on my brat.

    "Corporal punishment of minors within domestic settings is lawful in all 50 of the United States and, according to a 2000 survey, is widely approved by parents.[1] It has been officially outlawed in 29 countries.

    Corporal punishment in school is still legal in some parts of the world, including 20 of the States of the USA, but has been outlawed in other places, including Canada, Kenya, Korea, South Africa, New Zealand, and nearly all of Europe except France.[3]
    Judicial corporal punishment has virtually disappeared from the western world but remains in force in many parts of Africa and Asia." (cite wikipedia)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  10. #30
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Hmm I thought domestic (i.e. by parent) corporeal punishment was banned in some states but according to wikipedia its lawful in all states. I dont mind spanking or even the use of a belt as long as it doesn't involve anything beyond reasonable short term pain. Probably would use it to a small degree if I had a kid. However don't think I would ever like anyone else laying a hand on my brat.

    Corporal punishment of minors within domestic settings is lawful in all 50 of the United States and, according to a 2000 survey, is widely approved by parents.[1] It has been officially outlawed in 29 countries.

    Corporal punishment in school is still legal in some parts of the world, including 20 of the States of the USA, but has been outlawed in other places, including Canada, Kenya, Korea, South Africa, New Zealand, and nearly all of Europe except France.[3]
    Judicial corporal punishment has virtually disappeared from the western world but remains in force in many parts of Africa and Asia.
    Wow, this is not what I hear from parents. Some schools here must be clamping down on it, however. Parents I know are very squeamish about doing anything that would stand out to teachers or counsellors as being abusive, and some have stories of being called-in and police visits, etc. for stuff that isn't what I really consider abusive (such as taking away a cell phone).
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] Do ISTP's confuse the crap out of people?
    By jixmixfix in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
  3. This would scare the daylights out of me
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
  4. [ENTP] Im going to ENTP the hell out of you.
    By Nickels in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 04:54 AM
  5. get the hell out of here!
    By ThatGirl in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO