User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

A window to the soul

@Orangey: I can't disagree with the truth. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Also, their family was already broken since before this incident, so I don't think it makes much sense to say that she's responsible for that.
    Agreed. My main concern there was the irreparable damage that public humiliation might cause to the family. That's where I said, she had more constructive options. It's a shame she didn't exhaust all of those first.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Not to say that this isn't wrong but are people surprised because he is a judge or are they surprised at what he did to his child. There are so many high income scumbag parents out there.
    People seem more surprised by his actions; although, I don't think this story would have made the news, if he wasn't a Judge. From what I understand, he's a family court judge! :D

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    @ICUP: Nice try, but mentally ill is not the same thing as upstanding.

Upstanding literally means a person of integrity: morally upright and honest, which sadly does not describe many Americans that do drugs, steal, and treat their parents like Bank of America. Upstanding does not describe the judge's daughter, btw.

Parents aren't perfect. You can video tape your parent's darkest hours and try to make the kiddies on the internet believe your parents are monsters, if you'd like. When the news media vultures pick it up because your Dad is a prominent Texas Judge and you posted the vid after he didn't buy you that Mercedes; guess what, I don't have to believe you and I'll sleep well at night! I won't feel any empathy for you because I was belt spanked worse and I don't feel like a victim! :]

(IRL: Get medical/professional help first and then let's talk.)
    This may be TMI, but an ex-boyfriend had a fetish of being spanked with things, and hard. The one time I used a belt on him, probably to a similar extent as the video clip, he was bleeding all over the place. I had to stop because I was afraid he'd die.

So when you say "much worse", I can't imagine you're still in one piece. You must have scars.

Then again, my boyfriend had me do it on his bare skin. You were (hopefully) fully clothed. And I'm a surfer, so I probably have stronger arms than I realize...lol.

But still. Even doing the S&M kind of freaked me out, especially when I saw the effects. That's why when I hear that people do it to their kids...

And I certainly hope YOU won't do it to your kids.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    This may be TMI, but an ex-boyfriend had a fetish of being spanked with things, and hard. The one time I used a belt on him, probably to a similar extent as the video clip, he was bleeding all over the place. I had to stop because I was afraid he'd die.

So when you say "much worse", I can't imagine you're still in one piece. You must have scars.

Then again, my boyfriend had me do it on his bare skin. You were (hopefully) fully clothed. And I'm a surfer, so I probably have stronger arms than I realize...lol.

But still. Even doing the S&M kind of freaked me out, especially when I saw the effects. That's why when I hear that people do it to their kids...

sick....

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    sick....
    yeah...that was the first and last time I did that. But I'll try anything once, as long as I'm not the one getting hurt and only if they sign a waiver (scribbled on a scrap of paper).
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

A window to the soul

I will most definitely spank my kids with a belt.

Worse, as in, my parents didn't stand around talking about it, swing the belt twice, wait a few seconds for a breather, swing the belt again, go into the other room, come back, swing a couple more times (like in the video). I didn't get any breaks between swings or any bargaining to turn over. I was forced to turn over, I was spanked hard on the butt with consecutive swings, and it was done. No, my ass was not injured. I had clothes on.

I received one warning about proper behavior and if I failed to comply I would get what was called an "instant whippin," which just meant there was no talking about it, just belt spankin' action and I knew it was coming by the look on my mom's face!

Since my parents only spanked me on the butt, if I was in the car they wouldn't turn around and start slapping anything they could reach, like one of my friend's Moms did to her. Oh no!! My parents would pull the whole dang car over and do it right!

For example, I was in the backseat with my ENFJ sister and I told her I hated her. Well, I was warned once already never to talk to people like that and I don't know what came over me, but I forgot. :S My parents didn't say a word, they just pulled the car over, pulled me out of the backseat, and spanked my butt on the side of the road with the belt. After the one warning, they didn't let anything slide. They were consistent! :]

My Dad tells me that public schools also did this type of spanking [to the buttocks] at one time when kids were sent to the principals office; except they used a wooden paddle.

Edit: That was prior to the age of 10; I don't remember being spanked after the age of 10. I was pretty well refined by 16 and working towards getting into a good university, so it's baffling to see a 16 year-old being spanked. It makes me wonder if the parents were poor role models and fighting a lot where stress entered into the equation.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Worse, as in, my parents didn't stand around talking about it, swing the belt twice, wait a few seconds for a breather, swing the belt again, go into the other room, come back, swing a couple more times (like in the video). I didn't get any breaks between swings or any bargaining to turn over. I was forced to turn over, I was spanked hard on the butt with consecutive swings, and it was done. No, my ass was not injured. I had clothes on.

I received one warning about proper behavior and if I failed to comply I would get what was called an "instant whippin," which just meant there was no talking about it, just belt spankin' action and I knew it was coming by the look on my mom's face!

Since my parents only spanked me on the butt, if I was in the car they wouldn't turn around and start slapping anything they could reach, like one of my friend's Moms did to her. Oh no!! My parents would pull the whole dang car over and do it right!

For example, I was in the backseat with my ENFJ sister and I told her I hated her. Well, I was warned once already never to talk to people like that and I don't know what came over me, but I forgot. :S My parents didn't say a word, they just pulled the car over, pulled me out of the backseat, and spanked my butt on the side of the road with the belt. After the one warning, they didn't let anything slide. They were consistent! :]

My Dad tells me that public schools also did this type of spanking [to the buttocks] at one time when kids were sent to the principals office; except they used a wooden paddle.

It is interesting to me how abuse is transferred from generation to generation. I guess learned behavior can become more ingrained in one than, say, contemplating better alternatives or solutions to problems.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Worse, as in, my parents didn't stand around talking about it, swing the belt twice, wait a few seconds for a breather, swing the belt again, go into the other room, come back, swing a couple more times (like in the video). I didn't get any breaks between swings or any bargaining to turn over. I was forced to turn over, I was spanked hard on the butt with consecutive swings, and it was done. No, my @#!*% was not injured. I had clothes on.

You know, I kind of find your point of view fascinating.

Plenty of kids I knew were treated similarly to your description, but then rebelled, and vowed to never laid a hand on their children. You, instead, seem to have decided that it was an effective form of discipline. Perhaps it was a difference in the attitude of your parents? If it's not too nosy to ask, and I understand if it is, but did they administer the belt as discipline or out of sheer anger? Because the common thread for the kids I know who have sworn to never touch the belt was that their parents didn't treat it as a learning experience so much as an outlet for frustration, and oftentimes the parents were drunk. And more often than not they got insults screamed at them at the same time.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    You know, I kind of find your point of view fascinating.

Plenty of kids I knew were treated similarly to your description, but then rebelled, and vowed to never laid a hand on their children. You, instead, seem to have decided that it was an effective form of discipline. Perhaps it was a difference in the attitude of your parents? If it's not too nosy to ask, and I understand if it is, but did they administer the belt as discipline or out of sheer anger? Because the common thread for the kids I know who have sworn to never touch the belt was that their parents didn't treat it as a learning experience so much as an outlet for frustration, and oftentimes the parents were drunk. And more often than not they got insults screamed at them at the same time.
    Rednecks who don't grow out of it carry on the beliefs. They many-times become drunks or codependents who make excuses for abusing their kids, just like the judge in the current situation. Generally, if you try to tell them they are wrong, they won't have it. Many times they have members in their families who are in trouble with the law at some point, like the judge, but still refuse to believe they have committed a crime. Rednecks don't learn or adapt well. They simply see their horrible wrongdoings as "mistakes they've made" (usually repeatedly), and think if they just say, "I'm sorry", everything is corrected. They ignore any social or other consequences of their abuse, thinking that they are right in every way, and the rest of the people are stupid. What they are is incredibly ignorant and determined to stay that way. They refuse to integrate knowledge concerning abuse or mental health issues into their vocabulary, and many of them would be diagnosed with a condition. (Alcoholism, Personality Disorders, Codependency run rampant within redneck areas.) And they refuse to take accountability for their "mistakes" lol...... Many have very poor impulse control and cannot manage their emotions, so they have to make excuses when they "lose control". They are caught in a cycle of abuse. What they don't realize is that normal, healthy people do not share these "dark moments" within their own families. These "dark moments" are not just arguments, but abuse, and other people will not tolerate it. And the funniest part of all is that many of them believe that their families are, and are viewed, as proper and dignified, as they beat their children with belts, whip their children in public, and promote abuse, personality disorders, and alcoholism within families.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Well, at least you knew it was the end. The suspense makes the experience much much worse.

I've been beaten a lot when I was a kid. I'm glad my parents didn't use belts. Mostly slippers and flip flops. They made me a good kid, but I think my self esteem suffered. I never really had any meaningful discussion with them. When I wanted to discuss something my father used to say this mantra ''Father orders, son obeys''. He still adopts the mantra, but doesn't mention anymore. Now I just wanna leave home asap.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

To sum, I don't think parents should use fear to control children. It is almost impossible to get someone to fear (btw fear is not respect) and love you at the same time. I think love is preferable.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------