User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Best post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    1) The dad did not snap over the course of a few seconds. Many parents will get so riled up that they snap and whack the kid for a few seconds. Loss of control creates outlet. After they do this they feel guilty, and either stop or even try to rationalize it by "you pushed me to it" but ultimately, they still feel guilty. THis guy didn't. The act of harming her fueled him. Yes he started out angry, but as you can see, as he continued the anger increased. So much that he couldn't stay out of her room. I thought at 3 different points "this is the end." Nope, he returned because his sadistic nature was awoken and he couldn't let it go.
    Yes, he is enjoying the control. It is not like he is doing it just do teach a lesson. He probably has narcissistic personality disorder.

2) I found the psychological abuse more damaging than the whipping (and that says alot.) I'm sure she was covered with welts, but It was the way they treated her "Turn over and take it like a grown woman" "I'm going to beat you into submission" "You don't deserve to be in this house" "What has happened to you?" These things are identity shaping and fuck people up in the long-run.

3) I found the mothers role very interesting. It was almost as though she HAD to convince him that she was on his side, power-monging-sadistic-wanting to womp the kids ass, SO she could get the belt from him and hit the kid herself. You'll notice that she wacked the kid once. (Obviously one more than should have occured).. but she also seemed to want that to be the end of it. She has learned that she must take on this role to satisfy him and thinks it puts her in a position to mediate or slightly control how far it goes. It almost makes me feel bad for her, accept that she is a disguisting coward to offer the kid up as a means to take the heat off herself.
    Yes. Also, come to think of it, if she wasn't there the results could be worse.The woman seems brainwashed. I bet she was getting some spanking too. Of the bad variety.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I don't think Nerd Girl is being rude. Quite the contrary, in fact she seems to be doing pretty well in light of some harsh posts apparently targeting her rather then logically debating her idea. And the reason she is being targeted is primarily because she is expressing a valid dissenting opinion in this thread. My impression is that others are much more incapable of seeing and weighing alternative explanations due to the demagoguery the video elicits .

I can see both sides and with the evidence presented elaborations that support both versions are fair game.
    Thank you.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    You people are clearly whipped. All of you!

The facts speak for themselves; this is a classic case of revenge. Our "victim" waited too long. She gets in a fight with her rich daddy, he cuts her off $$, she threatens to post the old video, he says "do it," she's stupid enough to do it and now to save face she has to really play up her victim story good. Girl must think we are all a bunch of idiots! I am not. Most of y'all apparently can't get past the video to see the big picture.

I have no tolerance for stupidity, or for creating rifts in ones family or for crocodile tears under these circumstances. The "victim" has made some really pitiful decisions and yes, she just might be a product of a really pitiful family.
    This is pretty dim. The facts DO speak for themselves indeed - i.e. watch the damn video. I don't need any potential ulterior motive, or shady back story for me to view this video and not be 100% certain that it is physical/verbal abuse in every way.

Brought up in that kind of household/environment and you want to deny any wrongdoing by the father and lay judgment on the victim (daughter) as being a selfish and dysfunctional individual? Your perspective is laughable.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    This is pretty dim. The facts DO speak for themselves indeed - i.e. watch the damn video. I don't need any potential ulterior motive, or shady back story for me to view this video and not be 100% certain that it is physical/verbal abuse in every way.
    I already stated that I don't see anything wrong with the way the judge spanked his daughter. I was spanked MUCH worse than that with a belt. And thank God for it because I needed it! I would not be the upstanding person I am today. I have no doubts about that. The only issue I take is with the low class language the judge used. My parents never talked to me like that.

Furthermore, the video is NOT all of the facts. The video is very old. Again, I take issue with the daughter's motivation and the timing of posting the video years after the fact and in the midst of a family fight on a non-related topic. She had so many other constructive options. She chose mass destruction: public humiliation, a huge rift with her family, and ruining her Dad's reputation. She could have sought private professional help: mental, legal, whatever it took, if she felt she was a victim and at the appropriate time.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Manson Family Girls

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I already stated that I don't see anything wrong with the way the judge spanked his daughter. I was spanked MUCH worse than that with a belt. And thank God for it because I needed it! I would not be the upstanding person I am today. I have no doubts about that. The only issue I take is with the low class language the judge used. My parents never talked to me like that.
    1. Spanking is the practice of hitting someone repeatedly on the buttocks as a form of punishment (the point being that the buttocks, if struck within a certain limit of force, will be least likely to result in injury.) That is certainly not what happened in the video. We could all clearly see that, failing to get the girl to bend over the bed, the man reacted in anger and proceeded to beat her over the legs and sometimes abdomen.

2. Research indicates that spanking is not the best method of disciplining a child. I would assume that this conclusion applies to an even greater degree to beatings that occur elsewhere than on the buttocks and either equal or exceed the force of spanking.

3. As you point out, the beating that the girl recieved was accompanied by verbal degredation unrelated to any strictures about her "offense."

4. The methods by which your parents chose to discipline you are irrelevant to determining whether the man's actions in this video are acceptable, either legally or morally.

5. Your feelings regarding the necessity of your parent's style of discipline towards you personally are even more irrelevant, as not only does it not speak to the legality or morality of the case at hand, but its subjectivity renders it unverifiable. It is therefore useless information even if we were talking about what happened to you.

6. Even if a parent decides to use spanking as a method of disciplining their child, presumably it would be to train the child not to engage in the offending behavior again (because, like a dog, the child would from that point forth associate the behavior with pain and avoid engaging in it.) Moreover, this is presumably done because the behavior is not in the best interest of the child, and it's a cheap and easy way of making them understand that. The man in this video, however, seemed to be more interested in training his child to submit to his authority than to not engage in a specific behavior, as evidenced both by his words and the severity of the beating relative to the offense. Thus the punishment was administered not for her own good, but rather for his; it would solidify her fear of him, and allow him to maintain his sense of authority (which had been called into question by her willful disobedience.) Her real offense was not downloading games; it was subverting his power. He was not teaching her that downloading games is illegal and could result in fines or jail time; he was teaching her to fear his authority. His actions were, in sum, an abuse of the purpose of corporal punishment (even aside from the question of whether it was abuse of the girl.)

Furthermore, the video is NOT all of the facts. The video is very old. Again, I take issue with the daughter's motivation and the timing of posting the video years after the fact and in the midst of a family fight on a non-related topic. She had so many other constructive options. She chose mass destruction: public humiliation, a huge rift with her family, and ruining her Dad's reputation. She could have sought private professional help: mental, legal, whatever it took, if she felt she was a victim and at the appropriate time.
    Her present actions may indeed be less pure than her words would have us believe, but if true, you can deduce that there is little love between her and her father. And if that's the case, it is her father's fault for not having cultivated any such feelings, either because of repeated brutality towards her and/or her mother and sister, which seems likely, or out of coldness and neglect, or both. Children don't just randomly grow up to hate or feel coldness towards their parents, unless they were born psychopaths, which seems unlikely in any case because psychopaths are usually themselves victims of abuse.

Further, what harm can come from any of this? They're not going to criminally prosecute her father, he's most likely not going to lose his career, and if he does, the world will probably be better off without a man who has fucked up ideas about how to raise children adjudicating family-related cases (which could be far more harmful to families than this girl's actions, even assuming she's acting maliciously.)

Also, their family was already broken since before this incident, so I don't think it makes much sense to say that she's responsible for that.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

A window to the soul

@ICUP: Nice try, but mentally ill is not the same thing as upstanding.

Upstanding literally means a person of integrity: morally upright and honest, which sadly does not describe many Americans that do drugs, steal, and treat their parents like Bank of America. Upstanding does not describe the judge's daughter, btw.

Parents aren't perfect. You can video tape your parent's darkest hours and try to make the kiddies on the internet believe your parents are monsters, if you'd like. When the news media vultures pick it up because your Dad is a prominent Texas Judge and you posted the vid after he didn't buy you that Mercedes; guess what, I don't have to believe you and I'll sleep well at night! I won't feel any empathy for you because I was belt spanked worse and I don't feel like a victim! :]

(IRL: Get medical/professional help first and then let's talk.)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU"]*ominous music*[/YOUTUBE]
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned

Not to say that this isn't wrong but are people surprised because he is a judge or are they surprised at what he did to his child. There are so many high income scumbag parents out there.