User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I think he kept it up because she would not obey the instruction to lie down on her stomach so he could whip her on her butt, where it is most padded and hurts less. The way she reacted lets me know that she has never had a whipping before. If you've got a parent who is serious with a belt, you don't backtalk when the belt is in their hand, and you don't jump and squirm around. Accidents happen because you're moving when the belt comes down, and backtalk gets you extra lashes.

He never snapped. Snapped is when you get beat until they can't lift their arm anymore and they stop caring where they're hitting you. She got a couple good licks and she made a little noise. She was way more offended than injured.

Aside from the F-bomb, he expressed extreme frustration with her disobedience and an intention to force her to stop it. He didn't say he wished she was never born, or name call, or do serious personal verbal abuse.

In the great stupid jackass culture of beating your kids, this was not much, and I would say it didn't happen often, or maybe ever before.
    I think it just depends on the personality of the child as to how they react to abuse. I tried to get away, regardless of how bad I thought I was going to "get it". My S.O. also ran, and he got whipped with belts. Some kids are rebellious-types, and no matter the punishment, they rebel against it.
    Also, imo, "I wish you were never born" is nothing compared to some of the things he said. That's just a worst thing to say, to you personally. It has nothing to do with the fact that it IS verbal abuse, anyway you look at it, and horrible verbal abuse.

Another case of projection......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The whole thing was cruel and shitty, Spamtar.
    There is nothing to be gained by comparing the verbal abuse to the physical abuse.
    Both were horrifying.

Really?
    Are you serious?
    Are you stating that she deserved mental and physical abuse for downloading things from the Internet?
    If so I hope you never reproduce, not until you get a clue at least.

I don't agree.
    In your opinion, maybe.
    You have no idea what could have happened at the hands of that psychotic asshole.
    If ever you're being beaten by someone I want you to think of your own words:

"My life is clearly not threatened."

Sin has no statute of limitations.

I made a statement, I wasn't asking for input.
    You're offering a legal opinion when none was asked for.

I made a statement as to what I think that man deserves.
    I never said I had any desire to deliver such a sentence upon him.
    Finally, you're trying to determine the lesser of evils between spouse abusers, child abusers, sexual predators, child molesters, rapists and murderers.
    Such efforts are futile and without a meaningful answer.
    Such people cannot be "rehabilitated."
    As a society for some reason we are too weak to exterminate them.
    They should not be allowed to live amongst normal people.
    They should be isolated for the duration of their lives at minimum.
    I'm done discussing my views on this matter, and done dissecting your replies.

-Alex
    I don't subscribe to his application of parental discipline. But I do subscribe to the principle that people of various states can make there own laws in general. And (regardless of what the under political presure sheriff says as to a moot crime) as far as the physical element of the spanking I saw nothing that made me think it violated Texas law as I understand it.

I personally think what the father did was an overreaction. That being said you wanting, wishing, deserving, whatever... the father dead is also an overreaction. Two overreactions don't make a right.

And it concerns me because bad facts (such as these) creates bad laws from a populace that is prone to emotional overreactions. Even when they don't this type of yellow journalism foder creates a 'chilling effect' where parents are afraid to displine/interact with their children and concepts of privacy and sanctity of the home from public view is obscured.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTx

Nerd Girl is an obvious troll. Ban her/him/it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I don't subscribe to his application of parental discipline. But I do subscribe to the principle that people of various states can make there own laws in general. And (regardless of what the under political presure sheriff says as to a moot crime) as far as the physical element of the spanking I saw nothing that made me think it violated Texas law as I understand it.
    I just read it, and this is not true to me. For example,

"Abuse" includes the following acts or omissions by a person:

(A) mental or emotional injury to a child that results in an observable and material impairment in the child's growth, development, or psychological functioning;"

This could be true, and it IS to me. Judgment is involved. The law is not cut-and-dry. If it was easy as 1-2-3, we wouldn't have a need for trials.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...61.htm#261.001

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I personally think what the father did was an overreaction. That being said you wanting, wishing, deserving, whatever... the father dead is also an overreaction. Two overreactions don't make a right. And it concerns me because bad facts (such as these) creates bad laws from a populace that is prone to emotional overreactions.
    I don't think it can be assumed that necessarily because someone thinks the father in this video should be put-away or experience the death penalty, that their opinion is based on emotional reaction. Some people believe that spousal and child abusers should be put away indefinitely, and/or experience the death penalty, for real. It's a morality call.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I remember discussing this topic on a libertarian website, they where in one of their occasional "significantly more hardline than you" downward spirals, and where inclined to argue that there was no such thing as child abuse at all, I dont mean corporal punishment that went too far either, I mean incest or rape, they suggested that there was objectively no harm involved and it was only the stigma attached to it by society's evaluation which resulted in any sort of harm.

Can you believe that? I'd like to say that I'm not reminded of those guys and that reasoning every single time I meet a libertarian or encounter libertarian arguments but that wouldnt be honest, it definitely coloured my opinion of the whole creedo.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I just read it, and this is not true to me. For example,

"Abuse" includes the following acts or omissions by a person:

(A) mental or emotional injury to a child that results in an observable and material impairment in the child's growth, development, or psychological functioning;"

This could be true, and it IS to me. Judgment is involved. The law is not cut-and-dry. If it was easy as 1-2-3, we wouldn't have a need for trials.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...61.htm#261.001.
    There is a problem with statutory laws like this because it is so unclear and arbitrary. The flipside is also true. A zealous prosector who is out to make a name for themself with the right expert witness could say a light slap on the butt made Juvinile Jr. have his emotional growth impaired. In the meantime individual and families are distroyed again by the judicial process.

I rather that the law be no "parental justification/privilege" period; if for no other reason than simple clarity and fairness in notice and enforcement. In other words they are vague to the point of unconscionable if not unconstitutional.

However the majority of the populace want parental corporal punishment legal. The practice has survived generations of tradition and their churches preach "spare the rod spoil the child". And they are constantly being told that they live in a democracy so those in charge feel some contrivance be implicated.

The legislature then writes these vague laws and those laws are then interpreted by many appeal courts with conflicting explanations ( i believe the majority of their courts use the "non-deadly" element language when parental justification can be applied). Thus the enforcement becomes inconsistent with mainly a net result of the rich getting away with clear violations and the poor/middle class getting at best 'a gamble' depending on who is the enforcement officer who receives the call and what he had for breakfast.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

A window to the soul

You people are clearly whipped. All of you!

The facts speak for themselves; this is a classic case of revenge. Our "victim" waited too long. She gets in a fight with her rich daddy, he cuts her off $$, she threatens to post the old video, he says "do it," she's stupid enough to do it and now to save face she has to really play up her victim story good. Girl must think we are all a bunch of idiots! I am not. Most of y'all apparently can't get past the video to see the big picture.

I have no tolerance for stupidity, or for creating rifts in ones family or for crocodile tears under these circumstances. The "victim" has made some really pitiful decisions and yes, she just might be a product of a really pitiful family.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

The facts speak for themselves; this is a classic case of revenge. Our "victim" waited too long. She gets in a fight with her rich daddy, he cuts her off $$, she threatens to post the old video, he says "do it," she's stupid enough to do it and now to save face she has to really play up her victim story good. Girl must think we are all a bunch of idiots! I am not. Most of y'all apparently can't get past the video to see the big picture.

I have no tolerance for stupidity, or for creating rifts in ones family or for crocodile tears under these circumstances. The "victim" has made some really pitiful decisions and yes, she just might be a product of a really pitiful family.
    She's acting like someone who has been abused and suffered damages. Go figure. Do I think she did this as an act of revenge? Not really in the same way that you believe she did. There are other reasons one would want to come forth, that is if you've ever seen or lived it yourself, you are aware of lol......

At the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference whether she is telling the "truth" or not. If she isn't, that's all the more reason to believe she has been abused.

It doesn't really matter to me why she is coming forth. Is the video showing abuse, or is it not? Do I believe that the dad was an alcoholic abuser? Yes, I do. I've seen his responses as well. That's all I need to know.

It comes down to a young woman at 23 years old being affected by a much older abusive, alcoholic adult who feels no remorse for his actions. Of course I'm not going to be on his side. People don't fucking expect 23 year olds who have been abused to act rationally.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

Irrelevant.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

A window to the soul

this is a classic case of revenge. Our "victim" waited too long. She gets in a fight with her rich daddy, he cuts her off $$, she threatens to post the old video, he says "do it," she's stupid enough to do it and now to save face she has to really play up her victim story good.
    Hmmm, and I wonder how much the media i$ paying her for interview$.

Edit: $he might be $marter than I originally thought.