First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The way that worthless excuse of a father treated his daughter was pretty shitty, don't you think?
    Have you ever thought that she couldn't reveal what happened when she was younger because of imminent harm coming down on her?
    She might have had to wait for such a time as she did only to have some sense of security that exposing that sick fuck for what he is would not put her in harm's way once again.
    That man IS NOT entitled to any treatment that should be afforded to the good Fathers of this world.
    He is a psychopath, a spouse abuser, and a child abuser.
    He deserves to be HANGED.

yes he treated his daughter shitty in the video. I found the verbal reprimand to be even more shitty than the spanking (and perhaps illegal). She apparently treated her family shitty (as well as the copyright holder) by illegal downloads within the family home. That is a type of stealing (and is also likely illegal in that jurisdiction).

Whether he should be hung?

Regardless of how many people get upset about graphic you tube videos we are still a nation or laws and ex post facto criminal penalties are contrary to the U.S. (and likely Texas) Constitutions. What that means in short is that a law must be on the books with an applicable criminal sentence before it can be carried out by the state. The people of the state of Texas apparently have a criminal statute that allows parental discipline as a justification to an assault that doesn't threaten life. Thier elected officials and particularly their attorney general has indicated that spankings with belts are appropriate. The people of Texas and I have this understanding that they don't tell me what to do and I dont tell them what to do. Democracy is not perfect, it especially seems that way when you don't agree with the majority.

Her life clearly was not threatened in the spanking.

Regardless if it didn't fall under the parental justification the statute of limitations for there types of assaults has run.

And even if it hasn't run the death penalty is Consitutionally limited to a small category of crimes (murder,treason etc.) which these types of assaults are not included (even rape isn't included).

Now I suppose you could play the vigilante and murder him but not only could that get you in trouble with the law it also seems like there are so many more worse predators around the nation and world who severely harm children with death, sexual abuse and vicious mayhem who simply have not had there crimes video recorded and posted on youtube.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You consider someone's opinion to be "drama"?
    Yes.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    No.
    I honestly cannot fathom why you don't think so.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    yes he treated his daughter shitty in the video. I found the verbal reprimand to be even more shitty than the spanking (and perhaps illegal).

The people of the state of Texas apparently have a criminal statute that allows parental discipline as a justification to an assault that doesn't threaten life. Thier elected officials and particularly their attorney general has indicated that spankings with belts are appropriate. The people of Texas and I have this understanding that they don't tell me what to do and I dont tell them what to do. Democracy is not perfect, it especially seems that way when you don't agree with the majority.
    "Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child or other assault-related offenses for the 2004 beating of his then-16-year-old daughter, but the five-year statutes of limitations expired, Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said Thursday.

“We believe that there was a criminal offense involved and that there was substantial evidence to indicate that and under normal circumstances ... a charge could have been made,” Jayroe said. He said the district attorney determined he couldn’t bring charges, and that police would discuss the case with federal prosecutors even though he doesn’t believe federal charges would apply. "

http://www.freep.com/article/2011110...sey=nav%7Chead

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...es-police-say/

There's a big difference between using a belt and committing assault. This is a case of pure-out assault. Common sense dictates that.

Yes.
    Fair enough. Don't be shocked when someone considers yours "drama" then.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Yes.
    Lol. I think your little pitch on the Miracles of The Belt and How It Saved My Life was a little theatrical in and of itself.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Just watched the clip. Before watching it, I really thought it'd be something I found blown out of proportion. I have seen a few clips where that has happened. Anyhow, the clip was very disturbing and absolutely child abuse. (Did anyone even doubt that? Probably not.)

What was even MORE interesting to me is-

1) The dad did not snap over the course of a few seconds. Many parents will get so riled up that they snap and whack the kid for a few seconds. Loss of control creates outlet. After they do this they feel guilty, and either stop or even try to rationalize it by "you pushed me to it" but ultimately, they still feel guilty. THis guy didn't. The act of harming her fueled him. Yes he started out angry, but as you can see, as he continued the anger increased. So much that he couldn't stay out of her room. I thought at 3 different points "this is the end." Nope, he returned because his sadistic nature was awoken and he couldn't let it go.

2) I found the psychological abuse more damaging than the whipping (and that says alot.) I'm sure she was covered with welts, but It was the way they treated her "Turn over and take it like a grown woman" "I'm going to beat you into submission" "You don't deserve to be in this house" "What has happened to you?" These things are identity shaping and fuck people up in the long-run.

3) I found the mothers role very interesting. It was almost as though she HAD to convince him that she was on his side, power-monging-sadistic-wanting to womp the kids ass, SO she could get the belt from him and hit the kid herself. You'll notice that she wacked the kid once. (Obviously one more than should have occured).. but she also seemed to want that to be the end of it. She has learned that she must take on this role to satisfy him and thinks it puts her in a position to mediate or slightly control how far it goes. It almost makes me feel bad for her, accept that she is a disguisting coward to offer the kid up as a means to take the heat off herself.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

yeah, i noticed the same thing about this guy. too much of robot/sadist-psycho to become angry. almost seems like he consciously fakes the little anger, that shows, maybe to justify his behaviour or just to be more scary. this guy makes me appreciate my father, who is at least a genuine choleric, someone who is innocently-unconsciously acting out his super/parent-ego, driven by instinct and emotion, as narcicists (conformist child-men, pretendig to be "grown ups") tend to do/be. i would love to see anonymous (the group) setting ... not sure if i am allowed to write that ... well, i often dreamed of setting my fathers house on fire, but i don't think he really deserves it because he is just a child. this guy however ... no child bonus for him.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

yes he treated his daughter shitty in the video. I found the verbal reprimand to be even more shitty than the spanking (and perhaps illegal).
    The whole thing was cruel and shitty, Spamtar.
    There is nothing to be gained by comparing the verbal abuse to the physical abuse.
    Both were horrifying.

She apparently treated her family shitty (as well as the copyright holder) by illegal downloads within the family home.
    Really?
    Are you serious?
    Are you stating that she deserved mental and physical abuse for downloading things from the Internet?
    If so I hope you never reproduce, not until you get a clue at least.

That is a type of stealing (and is also likely illegal in that jurisdiction).

Her life clearly was not threatened in the spanking.
    I don't agree.
    In your opinion, maybe.
    You have no idea what could have happened at the hands of that psychotic asshole.
    If ever you're being beaten by someone I want you to think of your own words:

"My life is clearly not threatened."

Regardless if it didn't fall under the parental justification the statute of limitations for there types of assaults has run.
    Sin has no statute of limitations.

And even if it hasn't run the death penalty is Consitutionally limited to a small category of crimes (murder,treason etc.) which these types of assaults are not included (even rape isn't included).
    I made a statement, I wasn't asking for input.
    You're offering a legal opinion when none was asked for.

Now I suppose you could play the vigilante and murder him but not only could that get you in trouble with the law it also seems like there are so many more worse predators around the nation and world who severely harm children with death, sexual abuse and vicious mayhem who simply have not had there crimes video recorded and posted on youtube.

I made a statement as to what I think that man deserves.
    I never said I had any desire to deliver such a sentence upon him.
    Finally, you're trying to determine the lesser of evils between spouse abusers, child abusers, sexual predators, child molesters, rapists and murderers.
    Such efforts are futile and without a meaningful answer.
    Such people cannot be "rehabilitated."
    As a society for some reason we are too weak to exterminate them.
    They should not be allowed to live amongst normal people.
    They should be isolated for the duration of their lives at minimum.
    I'm done discussing my views on this matter, and done dissecting your replies.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

figsfiggyfigs

Wait. Wtf, this seems "standard" for some of you guys?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    1) The dad did not snap over the course of a few seconds. Many parents will get so riled up that they snap and whack the kid for a few seconds. Loss of control creates outlet. After they do this they feel guilty, and either stop or even try to rationalize it by "you pushed me to it" but ultimately, they still feel guilty. THis guy didn't. The act of harming her fueled him. Yes he started out angry, but as you can see, as he continued the anger increased. So much that he couldn't stay out of her room. I thought at 3 different points "this is the end." Nope, he returned because his sadistic nature was awoken and he couldn't let it go.

2) I found the psychological abuse more damaging than the whipping (and that says alot.) I'm sure she was covered with welts, but It was the way they treated her "Turn over and take it like a grown woman" "I'm going to beat you into submission" "You don't deserve to be in this house" "What has happened to you?" These things are identity shaping and fuck people up in the long-run.
    I think he kept it up because she would not obey the instruction to lie down on her stomach so he could whip her on her butt, where it is most padded and hurts less. The way she reacted lets me know that she has never had a whipping before. If you've got a parent who is serious with a belt, you don't backtalk when the belt is in their hand, and you don't jump and squirm around. Accidents happen because you're moving when the belt comes down, and backtalk gets you extra lashes.

He never snapped. Snapped is when you get beat until they can't lift their arm anymore and they stop caring where they're hitting you. She got a couple good licks and she made a little noise. She was way more offended than injured.

Aside from the F-bomb, he expressed extreme frustration with her disobedience and an intention to force her to stop it. He didn't say he wished she was never born, or name call, or do serious personal verbal abuse.

In the great stupid jackass culture of beating your kids, this was not much, and I would say it didn't happen often, or maybe ever before.