User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 171

  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Let's assume you bought coffee, and for some reason, you got it spilled on you. Maybe someone else knocked it over. Maybe you sneezed. Maybe your car hit a bump. Maybe another driver hit you. So you got the coffee on yourself.

    It takes your skin off, but you are in the US and have no medical insurance. You have third degree burns on 16% of your body. Your skin is gone.

    So you'd say, "Gosh, well, tough luck for me."
    Yes. Unless I can sue the person who was at fault. It is not fair to make up an excuse to go after someone just because they have deep pockets.

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I agree.

    The main difference between this and McDonald's is the danger is not a rare medical condition, but a company policy. The coffee is capable of severely burning any customer, the peanut-laced meal is only a danger to those with the allergy.
    But where do you draw the line? Black and Decker sells dangerous saws to just anybody. It is well known that injuries happen. Should they be held responsible for every occurance?

  3. #153
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    But where do you draw the line? Black and Decker sells dangerous saws to just anybody. It is well known that injuries happen. Should they be held responsible for every occurance?
    If they are found to be below predetermined standards, certainly. Often, defects result in serious injury.

    For example, serving coffee at boiling temperatures at a drive-through window could be like a sub-standard business practice, and punished accordingly.

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Again, "hot" does not mean "dangerously undrinkable".
    Unless one wishes to sip it slowly and have it retain it's heat longer.

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    If they are found to be below predetermined standards, certainly. Often defects result in serious injury.

    For example, serving coffee at boiling temperatures could be found to a sub-standard business practice, and punished accordingly.
    Yes. They could pass whatever law they wish. Some states have laws against oral sex.

  6. #156
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Unless one wishes to sip it slowly and have it retain it's heat longer.
    Now who is restricting choices? Not all of us want to endanger the entire coffee-drinking population because a few of us like to sip their coffee very slowly. Should our skin be burnt off just to cater to your desires? You are an immoral person.

  7. #157
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Yes. They could pass whatever law they wish. Some states have laws against oral sex.
    Yes, but what if 9 out of 10 customers want their coffee at a lower temperature? I'm sure that only 1 out of 100 customer (or less) want the possibility of third degree burns. I like my coffee luke warm. You are trying to limit my choices.

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Now who is restricting choices? Not all of us want to endanger the entire coffee-drinking population because a few of us like to sip their coffee very slowly. Should our skin be burnt off just to cater to your desires? You are an immoral person.
    No one is forcing you to buy from them.

  9. #159
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    No one is forcing you to buy from them.
    You are correct

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Yes, but what if 9 out of 10 customers want their coffee at a lower temperature? I'm sure that only 1 out of 100 customer (or less) want the possibility of third degree burns. I like my coffee luke warm. You are trying to limit my choices.
    You can buy the puke warm slop elsewhere.

Similar Threads

  1. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  2. The Infamous INFP or INFJ Question.
    By Nørrsken in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-26-2016, 12:01 AM
  3. [JCF] The Infamous Ni-Ti Loop of INFJ
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
  4. The Infamous Short Post Thread
    By wolfy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 06:58 PM
  5. The heavenly nectar that is coffee...
    By Xander in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO