User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's view do you support?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kelly Rowland

1 33.33%
  • Tulisa Contostavlos

1 33.33%
  • Nobody

1 33.33%

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Should dramas be put on stage or leave it to backstage?

Watch this video, pay attention especially toward the end of the performance when judges started their inner-spat: Click here

And then read this article:

New X Factor judge Tulisa is said to be “bewildered” by Kelly Rowland’s reaction to her claims that Misha B was being “mean” to other contestants. Kelly snubbed Tulisa after last night’s show, following a more than frosty viewer’s phone in on spin-off the Xtra Factor.

Tulisa had told Misha on Saturday night that she need to reign her attitude in and focus her energy on the performance.

But Misha’s mentor Kelly was clearly annoyed by the comments, saying Tulisa shouldn’t have mentioned what goes on backstage during the show.

An insider said N-Dubz star was “very bewildered that Kelly is taking it all so personally”.

They continued: “At the end of the day, Tulisa was just being honest and saying something because she felt Misha had been mean to her acts, it was nothing against Kelly Judges comment on the backstage actions of acts all the time – it has happened so many times in the show’s history – Cheryl, Simon and Dannii used to do it loads.

“In fact, the panel – including Kelly – have spent this year commenting how lovely Marcus and Sophie are backstage.”

The source even suggested Kelly was being hypocritical of Kelly to have complained.

“t seems a bit hypocritical to get upset and say ‘what happens backstage stays backstage’ – when everyone has been bringing up backstage already. Perhaps it’s only fine when it’s positive it seems!” the source added to DigitalSpy.

[Edit: Adding]

Apparently, the show's organizers couldn't contact Rowland after the show as she did not pick up any calls. I wonder if this is all gimmick or real-life drama.

Questions: Do you think it's valid for judges to "judge" one's character on backstage in stead of just focusing on the performance? It looks like the four judges all have split opinions about this.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I dont watch any of the shows... but I think the attitude of someone will help shape their performances.

You see someone with a shit attitude that sings damn well... they might be the person that gives bad publicity later on, rejecting signing a kid's book because it's got oily skin or a wart or something. Things like that have to be taken into account with stars and idols... You're on the stage 24/7 as an idol. Just the way the lifestyle goes. It's stupid to try and have Vegas rules suddenly apply when convenient. If you're an ass, it's going to show.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I dont watch any of the shows... but I think the attitude of someone will help shape their performances.

You see someone with a shit attitude that sings damn well... they might be the person that gives bad publicity later on, rejecting signing a kid's book because it's got oily skin or a wart or something. Things like that have to be taken into account with stars and idols... You're on the stage 24/7 as an idol. Just the way the lifestyle goes. It's stupid to try and have Vegas rules suddenly apply when convenient. If you're an ass, it's going to show.
    The problem is that the judge could've dealt with this issue before the show. She might have a bad attitude but then it could be magnified and grown out of proportion as most contestants are fiercely competitive. I think it's important to listen to both sides of the story first.

Also, criticizing her on stage about "backstage" dramas would leave the accused no position in defending herself. This will also influence public viewers toward her; after all, this is a popularity contest.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Also, criticizing her on stage about "backstage" dramas would leave the accused no position in defending herself. This will also influence public viewers toward her; after all, this is a popularity contest.
    Hm. That part is true... I think I more look at it as this a voluntary thing--like they dont really NEED this opportunity.. but they desire it, so conforming to what the judges want seems like common sense to me. But, yeah, I could see the judge trying to influence something in her favor by calling it out and then using that crappy "everyone else did it!" excuse. I don't really know what the bad attitude was about, that may help me some..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    GONE

Considering it's reality TV it's all up for grabs. You go on such a show consider nothing sacred, not your backstage behavior, not your personal life, not your past. I would think if you bring any backstage mention up even once in judging that it opens the flood gates. I think maybe Kelly Rowland's past in a much scrutinized girl group informed her opinion on 'not talking about gossip' which is essentially all 'backstage' stuff. Just my 2 cents. On reality shows. :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yes, to me, it depends on whether it impacts performance or not.

For comparison, it doesn't seem as crucial here as on a show like Hell's Kitchen, where the winner is being selected to actually run a kitchen staff. People skills, along with being able to cook and organize and plan, are obviously an essential part of the job responsibilities, and it's funny how some contestants fail time and again to realize that.

In entertainment, I don't think it's clearly linked -- obviously there are some real jerks and/or divas out there who perform admirably. But where it starts to have an impact on their career is when it starts to impact how they perform.

Not to mention how much they're talked about in the tabloids.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft