INTp

this is very interesting [:

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Shit, if I was a murderer, I sure as hell "wouldn't be able to recall doing it". Nice alibi.

Hypnotism in a controlled setting may be plausible but even if you could get someone to a state where they can kill without consciously being aware of it, I doubt it could be "programmed" into the person to where they will go out into the world, scheme, plot and kill all while under a state of hypnosis.

But what do I really know about all that? Not much.
    It doesnt work like that.

The subject was trained to enter a hynotic state with an auditory que which involved shooting with perfect marksmanship, when this was triggered he considered himself in the firing range at which it was first programmed.

They then seperately programmed him with suggestability when a visual que was deployed, a blue hankerchief with white polka dots, there was incorporated an amnesic reaction also, so when Derren tested it he produced the hankerchief told the subject to take his shoe off and hide it and then "woke him" the subject thought Derren had made his shoe disappear.

So when the assasin test was set up, a woman walked in wearing a dress which was blue with polka dots, she simply told him "the target is" the man on the stage at the event he was at, someone sitting next to him passed him a gun and his mobile phone went off quing the auditory signal, once he had fired the gun the woman in the polka dot dress took the gun and left, he woke up and wondered why the guy on the stage was lying seemingly shot dead.

I know what you're thinking about and its not a sort of sleeper agent deal like people are off in their normal lives, hear a song on the radio and then it ques an ideological determination to hack plots to kill.

I remember Reggie Jackson got programmed to kill the Queen of England once. So yeah, it's very possible. If it wasn't for the LAPD, there would have been be war for sure.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

yes and no.

Not in the traditional way people see hypnosis (pendulum in front of their eyes [movies] or even real life hypnosis session)

Nevertheless people/nations/groups are daily persuaded/brainwashed into conflicts with others which often lead to killing and homicide. The mass media is essentially one large hypnosis machine. Sometimes it doesn't work but most often it does.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    yes and no.

Not in the traditional way people see hypnosis (pendulum in front of their eyes [movies] or even real life hypnosis session)

Nevertheless people/nations/groups are daily persuaded/brainwashed into conflicts with others which often lead to killing and homicide. The mass media is essentially one large hypnosis machine. Sometimes it doesn't work but most often it does.
    The way mbti has hypnotized me?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

yes and no.

Derren Brown managed it with stage hypnosis, although he suggested that the guy they used it with was in a certain small percentage of people. I wonder what that percentage is and if it has grown.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

yes and no.

Yea, pretty much. Mind control works like a charm, on anyone.

------------------

If we look at cults, for instance, and other religions, governments, advertisements, the media, etc., we can see that people can be brainwashed to believe and do just about anything.

Can a random person be hypnotized to kill in the way Lark has explained? Probably more people than the hypnotizer has alluded to.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yea, pretty much. Mind control works like a charm, on anyone.

------------------

If we look at cults, for instance, and other religions, governments, advertisements, the media, etc., we can see that people can be brainwashed to believe and do just about anything.

Can a random person be hypnotized to kill in the way Lark has explained? Probably more people than the hypnotizer has alluded to.
    Well they had some input from universities, cognitive science researchers who were there to investigate obedience, hypnosis and supported the idea that people wouldnt do anything fundamentally out of character, they where surprised by an early test in which people thought they were throwing acid in peoples faces (it was water).

Its not just obedience to authority, which is an interesting topic, a lot of people imagine they are non-conformist and anti-authoritarian but they will support the most authoritarian measures if the authority is anonymous or appears to work in a politically correct fashion, but also about changes in character and a more general reverence for life, which I think is lacking.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't think hypnotic control is that powerful, the evidence is just not there. However, operant conditioning and other methods can train a false declination into ones moral compass. Some individuals are easier to manipulate and 'brainwash' than others - think cult members and others seeking approval in that manner. Read the book "On Killing" by Grossman. The worlds governments have put considerable time and money into adapting psychological conditioning methods into basic training and advanced military schools in order to train more effective and willing killers.
    There is a good bit of legitimate scientific research out there on this topic but you have to dig for it. A reality TV show hypnotist is about the farthest thing from a reliable source that one can find. Though sensational, that kind of thing does spark interesting questions on forums, etc.

edit: I should add that Grossman is a psychologist and former Army SF Officer, he is an internationally known lecturer and expert on the psychology of how people are trained to kill others. It is not tin foil hat conspiracy crap.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni