User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISFP

Honestly, I can't have much of an opinion on the matter because I don't know Chinese fluently. Shit I'm a native English speaker and I can't even make sense of English speaking countries so how am I going to make sense of another countries odd whatever without even the benefit of understanding the language? Maybe that is just laziness on my part? I think wherever you go people are pretty decent they just might express it differently. Like in some countries if I was a stranger on the street it'd be a free for all but the moment you decide I'm your friend you'd be loyal and incredibly good. It all depends, I guess.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    [YOUTUBE="j-20dURI9qA"]Americans sure have compassion of their own[/YOUTUBE]
    Likely illegal immigrants not wishing to contact authorities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I remember the cases of a woman collapsing and dying in a waiting room, and no one helped her, a girl being gang raped outside a homecoming dance, with none of the witnesses getting help, both of which were in the US.

I remember one that happened in the UK, and had something to do with a suicide and no one attempting to stop it.

I'm sure there are many more examples, especially ones the media doesn't pick up on. There's no proof that this has anything to do with China, other than it happening there geographically.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Likely illegal immigrants not wishing to contact authorities.
    Can't you do anonymous phone calls from phone boxes any more? Legal ones seem just as paralyzed though. I used to have an Iranian neighbor who used to come get me for emergencies. She'd get all flustered, and really lose all common sense. Jesus, I had to unplug her fridge once, because it started shorting, and would have caused a fire, but she had no idea what to do.
    I mean I panic when some one gets hurt or some thing goes wrong, but thoughts are constantly ticking at the back of my head, like you need to do this, you need to do that, keep it together Crystal, that sort of thing. No-one else has that?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    I remember the cases of a woman collapsing and dying in a waiting room, and no one helped her, a girl being gang raped outside a homecoming dance, with none of the witnesses getting help, both of which were in the US.

I remember one that happened in the UK, and had something to do with a suicide and no one attempting to stop it.

I'm sure there are many more examples, especially ones the media doesn't pick up on. There's no proof that this has anything to do with China, other than it happening there geographically.
    The thing about that is that I suspect most people in the UK would consider that a matter of choice now, they'd not try to stop it, particularly among a lot of the younger generation that I've worked with they might give the person involved props or encouragement.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post

I remember when we were still talking, my mum witnessed a suicide. During lunch time traffic, some one walked out in front of a train, as it was passing through the intersection. Not that anyone could do any thing this time, it was so fast.
    My mother said it was such an unbelievable scenario, that when it was actually happening in fromt of her eyes my mother couldn't figure out what was actually happening. People go into shock real quick too. They just don't comprehend what's going on. My mother maybe a lot of things, but if she understood what was going I don't think she'd let that lady walk in front of the train.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The child died of organ/brain failure on the 21st of October last year.

An extraordinarily light sentence finally came down in this case. The second driver's fate is still unknown:

Chinese van driver who kills 3 year old gets 3 and a 1/2 years in prison
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

WALMART

People feel powerless, perhaps. Uneducated on what to do. Unprepared to act.

Strange events do strange things to people, I've decided.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

this is the one thing that i seen that keeps going through my mind. i ask myself would i do the same if this ever occured in front of me. i normally act ahead of time to prevent such things but when it happens. it was so ugly. i dont think i would have walked so casually to the child, but ran and called for help. i would have gone vigilante on the person in the van.

it was a horrible sight. just running over and backing over. i dont know how people could just watch an not care. maybe they assume someone else is going to do something and they dont act yet everyone makes sure to get everything on video to be uploaded on youtube.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee