User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I hardly consider myself a right winger rather I am an independent who is fiscally conservative and socially liberal for the most part. Clinton wasn't a bad Democrat as far as they go (although it would be elementary to give him all of the credit for the reduction in deficit spending [in U.S. Congress, not the executive branch, primarily controls the purse-strings]
    Well its very easy to contrast the fiscal responsibility of the Clinton years with that of the conservative administrations there after, which is remarkable given the aforementioned rhetoric from conservatives.

The whole fiscal conservative, social liberal thing isnt even novel anymore, infact I'd say its probably becoming the new conservative norm, which I think reflects just how prevalent consumerism and novelty have become as final arbitors of all value. As oppose to tradition or time tested conservative imperatives.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    his vision predates any sort of organised societal level relief of poverty and most other aspects of modern economies or states
    Howso? Why do you think so? And what exactly do Ron Paul's ideas have in common with Amish folk's ideas?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Ron Paul is a hypocrite and a bigot. His stances are anti-abortion and anti-gay rights.
    Others have already commented on his stance regarding gay marriage and federalism; out of curiosity, do you consider the ACLU to be pro-Nazi in its efforts to protect the First Amendment? I'm also not willing to condemn him (and probably a majority of the population as far as personal morality-as opposed legal principle-is concerned) as a 'bigot' for any religiously derived personal issues he may have with gay marriage.

And how is his being anti-abortion either hypocritical or bigoted? Presumably you think his stance on the death penalty makes his pro-life views (which are, incidentally, likewise constrained by his Federalist principles-does that make him pro-choice as a practical matter?) hypocritical, but that's comparing apples to oranges.

I don't support Ron Paul (I think he goes too far on many issues), but I respect him enough not to single him out for things that could be applied to just about any advocate on any issue.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like how consistent he is.

And little else.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I like how consistent he is.

And little else.
    I'm with you, there. He is consistent in his answers and clearly follows an ideology. I just have no respect for that ideology or its applicability in the real world of actual human beings.

He's kind of like that crazy uncle who you want to like... if only he lived in your universe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I can't see the insanity in Ron Paul, personally. I think he's pretty realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Assumptive since what consenting adults do in their bedrooms, have nothing to do with anyone else. But this is the exact reason why religiosity within potential leaders like Ron Paul, should be exposed to sunlight. Their objective decision-making abilities have been polluted.
    So you think because someone is religious, that they have polluted objective decision-making abilities? That's an assumption. Have you ever heard of understanding or tolerance?
    Are you from somewhere on the east coast, US? =) You're so heavily indoctrinated, I think the hospital implanted your brain at birth. It's like a science fiction movie. Nah, my guess is that you aren't from the US. Either,or..... but you aren't from the west coast lmfao.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Howso? Why do you think so? And what exactly do Ron Paul's ideas have in common with Amish folk's ideas?
    There's congruence between the sort of economy and society one wants and the sort of society and economy which would be the consequence if Ron's policies where all operative. It's a truth about libertarianism most libertarians dont grasp.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Others have already commented on his stance regarding gay marriage and federalism; out of curiosity, do you consider the ACLU to be pro-Nazi in its efforts to protect the First Amendment? I'm also not willing to condemn him (and probably a majority of the population as far as personal morality-as opposed legal principle-is concerned) as a 'bigot' for any religiously derived personal issues he may have with gay marriage.

And how is his being anti-abortion either hypocritical or bigoted? Presumably you think his stance on the death penalty makes his pro-life views (which are, incidentally, likewise constrained by his Federalist principles-does that make him pro-choice as a practical matter?) hypocritical, but that's comparing apples to oranges.

I don't support Ron Paul (I think he goes too far on many issues), but I respect him enough not to single him out for things that could be applied to just about any advocate on any issue.
    We ought to have a thread on capital punishment again, its debateable whether or not it is pro or anti-life to support it, I know the simple arguments about not permitting the state that power or it being reserved for God or fate but some of the individuals, regardless of what made them that way, are a real threat to others living any sort of a life.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I can't see the insanity in Ron Paul, personally. I think he's pretty realistic.

So you think because someone is religious, that they have polluted objective decision-making abilities? That's an assumption. Have you ever heard of understanding or tolerance?
    Are you from somewhere on the east coast, US? =) You're so heavily indoctrinated, I think the hospital implanted your brain at birth. It's like a science fiction movie. Nah, my guess is that you aren't from the US. Either,or..... but you aren't from the west coast lmfao.
    Religion pollutes any possibility of objective thought. So does folkism.