First 91718192021 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yes, the analogy is obvious.

The problem is it doesn't deal with the facts of the case that is heading to the Supreme Court.

His reasoning won't hold up in court, as it does nothing to counteract the arguments I made in my post.

Note: not a single person has actually tried to raise an argument against what I wrote in the long post above.
    A vote is a concept and a practice which isnt impossible for any sex, race etc.

Marriage is a reality, an organic institution, it is a tradition and a norm, for the majority of individuals, no conceptualisation is required and its practice is restricted to men + woman.

There's no equivalence what so ever. Its a little like proclaiming that two homosexual men have the right to have vaginal sex with one another. Its obvious they can not have vaginal sex with one another, they are both men do not possess vaginas.

Its still not clear to me why homosexuals and their support want to remove to try and transform marriage into something which robs it of the meaning which the majority attach to it, I really dont see the benefit to homosexuals, is it going to make homosexuality more acceptable to those who do not consider it acceptable? No. Will it void any rejection which individual homosexuals have experienced by having homosexuality apparently endorsed by the state? No. Will it mean that religious and other perceived "foes" of homosexuality will offer ceremonies including same sex "marriages"? No. Will it make homosexuality more widespread than heterosexuality? That's an open question but also not the reason which most homosexuals attach to wanting reforms such as the transformation of marriage from meaning what it always has to meaning whatever the state says it does.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It seems you don't appreciate logic much. Moral discussions are too subjective to get anywhere.
    I dont agree with you there, you're probably, like a lot of people living in and allowing their outlook to be defined by post-modern culture, that all is subjectivity but there is an objective order with accompanying natural laws and morality is not simply opinion.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I don't care about this "moral" argument.

I do not associate myself with it in any way whatsoever.

You're can be such a drama queen , Lark.

The reason I said I don't think we share the same opinion is because you would write that "moral equivalence" bullshit above.
    That first post wasnt to you, it was a response to Rasofy, the second part of your post is just another exercise in projecting.

I dont know why I took you off ignore, probably just because it was interesting what you'd wrote about legislating gay "marriage", anyway you're still as badly bent out of shape narcissistic as ever so back on ignore with you.

Haha, after umpteen discussions of this topic Lark is still utterly unable to grasp the issue and look beyond the mere word. I want to scream.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Haha, after umpteen discussions of this topic Lark is still utterly unable to grasp the issue and look beyond the mere word. I want to scream.
    Eh, just recognize him for what he is, a troll.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned

Ron Paul isn't strictly speaking a republican and his contention that he is does more harm than good for that party.
    Not that I'm complaining.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, the analogy is obvious.

The problem is it doesn't deal with the facts of the case that is heading to the Supreme Court.

His reasoning won't hold up in court, as it does nothing to counteract the arguments I made in my post.

Note: not a single person has actually tried to raise an argument against what I wrote in the long post above.
    Ok, I thought you were making an honest argument against it using that logic. From a legal standpoint I can see your point. -1 for me jumping in on a conversation without context.
    +10% Crit Chance

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    MP that's an uncharacteristic post for you. I thought the post you'd quoted made a valid point.
    I think my point was pretty obvious. The difference between saying someone can't do something and declaring that by definition it is something that a person is not allowed to do is an example of a semantic difference with no pragmatic relevance. I believe they call that quibbling.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I think we should just all have civil unions. Marriage is narrow and passé.

There. I win the thread.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    the second part of your post is just another exercise in projecting.

I dont know why I took you off ignore, probably just because it was interesting what you'd wrote about legislating gay "marriage", anyway you're still as badly bent out of shape narcissistic as ever so back on ignore with you.
    Wow, we finally have something in common.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”