User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 268

  1. #181
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yes, the analogy is obvious.

    The problem is it doesn't deal with the facts of the case that is heading to the Supreme Court.

    His reasoning won't hold up in court, as it does nothing to counteract the arguments I made in my post.

    Note: not a single person has actually tried to raise an argument against what I wrote in the long post above.
    A vote is a concept and a practice which isnt impossible for any sex, race etc.

    Marriage is a reality, an organic institution, it is a tradition and a norm, for the majority of individuals, no conceptualisation is required and its practice is restricted to men + woman.

    There's no equivalence what so ever. Its a little like proclaiming that two homosexual men have the right to have vaginal sex with one another. Its obvious they can not have vaginal sex with one another, they are both men do not possess vaginas.

    Its still not clear to me why homosexuals and their support want to remove to try and transform marriage into something which robs it of the meaning which the majority attach to it, I really dont see the benefit to homosexuals, is it going to make homosexuality more acceptable to those who do not consider it acceptable? No. Will it void any rejection which individual homosexuals have experienced by having homosexuality apparently endorsed by the state? No. Will it mean that religious and other perceived "foes" of homosexuality will offer ceremonies including same sex "marriages"? No. Will it make homosexuality more widespread than heterosexuality? That's an open question but also not the reason which most homosexuals attach to wanting reforms such as the transformation of marriage from meaning what it always has to meaning whatever the state says it does.

  2. #182
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It seems you don't appreciate logic much. Moral discussions are too subjective to get anywhere.
    I dont agree with you there, you're probably, like a lot of people living in and allowing their outlook to be defined by post-modern culture, that all is subjectivity but there is an objective order with accompanying natural laws and morality is not simply opinion.

  3. #183
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I don't care about this "moral" argument.

    I do not associate myself with it in any way whatsoever.





    You're can be such a drama queen , Lark.

    The reason I said I don't think we share the same opinion is because you would write that "moral equivalence" bullshit above.
    That first post wasnt to you, it was a response to Rasofy, the second part of your post is just another exercise in projecting.

    I dont know why I took you off ignore, probably just because it was interesting what you'd wrote about legislating gay "marriage", anyway you're still as badly bent out of shape narcissistic as ever so back on ignore with you.

  4. #184
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Haha, after umpteen discussions of this topic Lark is still utterly unable to grasp the issue and look beyond the mere word. I want to scream.

  5. #185
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Haha, after umpteen discussions of this topic Lark is still utterly unable to grasp the issue and look beyond the mere word. I want to scream.
    Eh, just recognize him for what he is, a troll.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #186
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Ron Paul isn't strictly speaking a republican and his contention that he is does more harm than good for that party.
    Not that I'm complaining.

  7. #187
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yes, the analogy is obvious.

    The problem is it doesn't deal with the facts of the case that is heading to the Supreme Court.

    His reasoning won't hold up in court, as it does nothing to counteract the arguments I made in my post.

    Note: not a single person has actually tried to raise an argument against what I wrote in the long post above.
    Ok, I thought you were making an honest argument against it using that logic. From a legal standpoint I can see your point. -1 for me jumping in on a conversation without context.
    +10% Crit Chance

  8. #188
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    MP that's an uncharacteristic post for you. I thought the post you'd quoted made a valid point.
    I think my point was pretty obvious. The difference between saying someone can't do something and declaring that by definition it is something that a person is not allowed to do is an example of a semantic difference with no pragmatic relevance. I believe they call that quibbling.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #189
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    I think we should just all have civil unions. Marriage is narrow and passé.

    There. I win the thread.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  10. #190
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    the second part of your post is just another exercise in projecting.

    I dont know why I took you off ignore, probably just because it was interesting what you'd wrote about legislating gay "marriage", anyway you're still as badly bent out of shape narcissistic as ever so back on ignore with you.
    Wow, we finally have something in common.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:28 PM
  2. [SJ] SJ, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 06:25 PM
  3. [SP] SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 03:39 AM
  4. Anyone who thinks Ron Paul Shouldn't be President is completly stupid or ignorant...
    By Munchies in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
  5. [NT] NT, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO