User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Wow. I wonder if I can define voting as something a white man does.
    MP that's an uncharacteristic post for you. I thought the post you'd quoted made a valid point.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Get what? Is there anything to "get" from stupid semantic games?
    Wow. How enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    MP that's an uncharacteristic post for you. I thought the post you'd quoted made a valid point.
    Agreed. I found it uncharacteristic as well.

And you don't just think my post made a valid point -- it made an undeniably valid point.

The truth is, he has no leg to stand on, so he's just being avoidant.

Much like @LEGERdeMAIN, Kelric, and the guy above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wow. How enlightening.

Agreed. I found it uncharacteristic as well.

And you don't just think my post made a valid point -- it made an undeniably valid point.

The truth is, he has no leg to stand on, so he's just being avoidant.

Much like @LEGERdeMAIN, Kelric, and the guy above.
    Well, it said what I've been saying on this topic for a long time.

I wonder what its meant to achieve in any case, its been adopted already in states across the US and is the "gay struggle" over? Is it mission accomplished? I doubt it.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Well, it said what I've been saying on this topic for a long time.
    Well, I'm pretty sure I differ from you significantly on the issue.

But the legal reasoning I presented is rock solid.

@Lateralus is the only person, thus far, who's shown me that he actually understands the issue properly.

I wonder what its meant to achieve in any case, its been adopted already in states across the US and is the "gay struggle" over? Is it mission accomplished? I doubt it.
    What you (seemingly pejoratively) call the "gay struggle" is certainly not over. Not by any means.

I'm not sure what you mean by the first "its", though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't usually agree with him, but his analogy is just as valid.

Back in the days:
    Concept of vote: Something white men do
    Concept of marriage: Something man + woman do

Today:
    Concept of vote: An equal right, as long as you are sane and have the required age
    Concept of marriage: Still something only a man and a woman can do
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure I differ from you significantly on the issue.

But the legal reasoning I presented is rock solid.

@Lateralus is the only person, thus far, who's shown me that he actually understands the issue properly.

What you (seemingly pejoratively) call the "gay struggle" is certainly not over. Not by any means.

I'm not sure what you mean by the first "its", though.
    Someone posted that gay "marriage" was a reality in the random thought thread.

I strongly suspect that you dont like having opinions that you perceive as the same as mine and therefore will insist they're different when they arent, that's alright, at this juncture I think there's about a dozen posters who've projected their own version or variety of villainy upon me and my posts, the reality's a little different but not as many people are willing or interested in engaging with that.

The legal reasoning is rock solid and it IS my opinion on the specific topic of so called gay "marriage".

I dont prejoratively anything, its an objective observation, is the "gay struggle" over with any move towards making homosexuality normative? No, its not, at this point I think most of those who vehemently oppose and vehemently approve homosexuality are made for one another and need each other. There's also a hostility in most pro-gay opinion too, if you look at the threads championing homosexuality on TypoC when the nay sayers get tried of the tedium and give up on it its not long before rows break out between all those who're supportive of the idea.

On this topic, that is sexuality and identity politics in general, I'm pretty close to the legalistic positions of most of those supporting limited and impartial government in public or political life, in fact I'd make common cause with either you or Lateralus in this vein if that's your opinion. With regard to the issue itself generally, most people dont want to listen because its not the simple black and white "gay friendly vs. evil religious bigots who are homophobic", so I'll not bother you with my opinions for the Nth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

Back in the days:

Today:
    Concept of vote: An equal right, as long as you are sane and have the required age
    You're mistaken in drawing those parallels, there's no moral equivalence, despite your assertions.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

Back in the days:

Today:
    Yes, the analogy is obvious.

The problem is it doesn't deal with the facts of the case that is heading to the Supreme Court.

His reasoning won't hold up in court, as it does nothing to counteract the arguments I made in my post.

Note: not a single person has actually tried to raise an argument against what I wrote in the long post above.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

You're mistaken in drawing those parallels, there's no moral equivalence, despite your assertions.
    I don't care about this "moral" argument.

I do not associate myself with it in any way whatsoever.

I strongly suspect that you dont like having opinions that you perceive as the same as mine and therefore will insist they're different when they arent, that's alright, at this juncture I think there's about a dozen posters who've projected their own version or variety of villainy upon me and my posts, the reality's a little different but not as many people are willing or interested in engaging with that.

The legal reasoning is rock solid and it IS my opinion on the specific topic of so called gay "marriage".

I dont prejoratively anything, its an objective observation, is the "gay struggle" over with any move towards making homosexuality normative? No, its not, at this point I think most of those who vehemently oppose and vehemently approve homosexuality are made for one another and need each other. There's also a hostility in most pro-gay opinion too, if you look at the threads championing homosexuality on TypoC when the nay sayers get tried of the tedium and give up on it its not long before rows break out between all those who're supportive of the idea.

On this topic, that is sexuality and identity politics in general, I'm pretty close to the legalistic positions of most of those supporting limited and impartial government in public or political life, in fact I'd make common cause with either you or Lateralus in this vein if that's your opinion. With regard to the issue itself generally, most people dont want to listen because its not the simple black and white "gay friendly vs. evil religious bigots who are homophobic", so I'll not bother you with my opinions for the Nth time.

You can be such a drama queen, Lark.

The reason I said I don't think we share the same opinion is because you would write that "moral equivalence" bullshit above.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It seems you don't appreciate logic much. Moral discussions are too subjective to get anywhere.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------