User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 268

  1. #111
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Ron P put socialist's noses in their shit, so it's normal that he is disliked.
    Do you have a link to a video of this happening? The closest thing I could find was this.

    [youtube=WoDHgSAqBEY]Rand Paul Employee Kicks Woman In Head[/youtube]
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #112
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    When you talk with someone, you have to argue on the word said only, everything else is just vain speculation, extrapolation and intention input from yourselve.
    l2language. Also maybe take a course in introductory logic. A does not equal C.

    'Til then, have a nice day.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  3. #113
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    l2language. Also maybe take a course in introductory logic. A does not equal C.

    'Til then, have a nice day.
    My mom said to me to always stop talking with INTPs when they start to talk about logic, because it's always insanely boring and a waste of time.

    So good by.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #114
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    everything else is just vain speculation, extrapolation and intention input from yourselve.
    Yes, a bias projected from the self onto others.
    1+1=3 OMFG

  5. #115
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,911

    Default

    I have a fear that Munchies, Speed Gavroche, and Elfboy represent the future of the USA.*



    *I know Speed is French. He still strikes me as much more resembling of the USA's course than France's
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  6. #116
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    I suppose this as good a place to post this as anywhere.

    Ron Paul is a crazy person. He is also a smooth political operator. He somehow manages to unite no-confederates, anti-war activists, filthy fucking hippies, conspiracy tards, christian dominionists, HIPSTERS and white nationalists under one banner. The core of his political success is coded signals. He never explicitly endorses most of the lunatics in his base but he throws them bones, he denies evolution for the dominionists, he hides the fact that he is a Mason and then turns around and gives out Masonic handshakes like theyre free candy, and he speaks a very carefully crafted dialect of Dixie-ese that sounds like "Freedom Hope Legalize Weed420" to the uninitiated but "Nigger Nigger Nigger" to the right audience. His Libertarian truisms about the FED become warnings of the Zionist Reptilian NWO in the right ears.





    If he actually believes all that or if he just cynically manipulates all those people is hard to tell, either way I still dont get why people like him.

    He is a slightly sexier Ayn Rand. His politics if put in to motion would send us back to the 1700s yet this is somehow all made well by the fact that he opposes the war and gives vague support to legalized weed. Ron Paul reminds me of Obama 08, while Obama was an empty suit wrapped in meaningless buzzwords like "Hope" and "Change" Ron Paul has a batshit insane political philosophy wrapped in meaningless buzzwords like "Freedom" and "Revolution". I couldnt ignore it in 08 and I cant ignore it now.
    +10% Crit Chance

  7. #117
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I have a fear that Munchies, Speed Gavroche, and Elfboy represent the future of the USA.*
    If only. What do you find especially scary about this?


    *I know Speed is French. He still strikes me as much more resembling of the USA's course than France's
    What makes you say that?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #118
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I have a fear that Munchies, Speed Gavroche, and Elfboy represent the future of the USA.*



    *I know Speed is French. He still strikes me as much more resembling of the USA's course than France's
    Imagine when the youth takes office, what a ride that will be! Age of reason here we come
    1+1=3 OMFG

  9. #119
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    I suppose this as good a place to post this as anywhere.

    Ron Paul is a crazy person. He is also a smooth political operator. He somehow manages to unite no-confederates, anti-war activists, filthy fucking hippies, conspiracy tards, christian dominionists, HIPSTERS and white nationalists under one banner. The core of his political success is coded signals. He never explicitly endorses most of the lunatics in his base but he throws them bones, he denies evolution for the dominionists, he hides the fact that he is a Mason and then turns around and gives out Masonic handshakes like theyre free candy, and he speaks a very carefully crafted dialect of Dixie-ese that sounds like "Freedom Hope Legalize Weed420" to the uninitiated but "Nigger Nigger Nigger" to the right audience. His Libertarian truisms about the FED become warnings of the Zionist Reptilian NWO in the right ears.





    If he actually believes all that or if he just cynically manipulates all those people is hard to tell, either way I still dont get why people like him.

    He is a slightly sexier Ayn Rand. His politics if put in to motion would send us back to the 1700s yet this is somehow all made well by the fact that he opposes the war and gives vague support to legalized weed. Ron Paul reminds me of Obama 08, while Obama was an empty suit wrapped in meaningless buzzwords like "Hope" and "Change" Ron Paul has a batshit insane political philosophy wrapped in meaningless buzzwords like "Freedom" and "Revolution". I couldnt ignore it in 08 and I cant ignore it now.
    Let me guess you vote for obama? Mr " Hope and Change"? All politics use the same things dude, take a look around, it's not just Ron pauls party. The same exact thing is being construed in every party, except there are facts being used in Ron Pauls speechs. and not Ignorant "maybe" bullshit. Facts
    I agree it looks scary. Very scary. But he is the only politician that speaks with real subtance and not empty words and emotional stimuls only. Him, Infowars, Ventura and everything else are on the same side. I don't trust any media. This is mearly herding sheep. No matter what, in each group there are mindless sheep. The mindless religiouse sheep voting for Santurom (or whatever his name is)only because he is religiouse, is the same thing. It's all identity politics. People vote for ron because they smoke weed, or because they are conspiracy theorist... OR a person voting for the only candidate with any real substance. Besides that, What will be will be, you can't hold back the tide, even if you cast a vote. lol
    1+1=3 OMFG

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    214

    Default

    My problem with Paul's policies (not Paul himself) is that we look at economics in fundamentally different ways. Paul seems to believe in what is essentially an economic free-for-all. Need medicine or food or protection? The market will provide. He appears to be absolutely confident of this, to the point where he is okay with throwing out hundreds of years' worth of consumer and worker protections and social safety nets.

    The problem is that history shows repeatedly and emphatically that not the case. An unregulated food industry gives you tainted baby formula. Unregulated banking gives you the current recession. Unregulated working conditions give you sweatshops. Unregulated policing gives you countless abuses. The reality is that there are information and power imbalances throughout society, and people in an unregulated environment will naturally take advantage of these.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:28 PM
  2. [SJ] SJ, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 06:25 PM
  3. [SP] SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 03:39 AM
  4. Anyone who thinks Ron Paul Shouldn't be President is completly stupid or ignorant...
    By Munchies in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
  5. [NT] NT, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO