User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default You shall not suffer a witch to live...

    And I think this is as good a reason as any for the truth in those words:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/8441813.stm

    True this is an atrocity which anyone who has a conscience and humanity will be horrified at and could be condemned on the grounds that it is murder most foul, regardless of the motive.

    When considering atrocities against children, like Beslan, Norway, this in Uganda, I've thought about how it is like the archetypical massacre of innocents recorded in the new testament, whatever the exactitude or literal truth of that incident, echoing through human history.

    However, this community seems to be have been targetted, they've been targetted because they have attacked witchcraft and not just the massacre of innocents per se and they've made praying for an end to witchcraft part of their campaign since the authorities and police appear to be complicit in the practices.

    From purely humanistic thinking I dont like the idea of things purchased through people sacrificing, most frequently, the lives of others. Not that I believe that people sacrificing themselves, for instance by immolating themselves or becoming a suicidal bomber, are much better, in some ways I'm not even in favour of self-sacrifice without any eventual reward which is short of costing lives or life. However, on some other spiritual level, this kind of thing vexes me, whatever sort of thing can be purchased with the suffering, misery and death of others has to be a cursed thing, delivered by cursed means. If the stones could cry out they would demand divine retribution surely.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Remember the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare in the 80s that was fueled by the Christian Right? This stinks an awful lot like that. Funny how children are only sacrificed to Satan in extremely Christian countries.

    Of course this is a bit different, with actual cases of abuse and not just hearsay. I just wondering if these are isolated cases or signs of a much more widespread practice. The talk of "networks of witch doctors" reminds me again of the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare and the fact that Mr.Angela mainly talks to churches also raise some suspicions.
    +10% Crit Chance

  3. #3
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    More proof that the spread of Christianity in Africa will be a considerable step up for the continent.

  4. #4
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    More proof that the spread of Christianity in Africa will be a considerable step up for the continent.
    Dude warlords in Uganda are using a warped version of Christianity to compel their followers to kill, last I heard. You sure?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    More proof that the spread of Christianity in Africa will be a considerable step up for the continent.
    You are far more cynical than I tought.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    More proof that the spread of Christianity in Africa will be a considerable step up for the continent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmJoDUGGJI

    Yeah, killing gay people is a real step up.
    +10% Crit Chance

  7. #7
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Remember the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare in the 80s that was fueled by the Christian Right? This stinks an awful lot like that. Funny how children are only sacrificed to Satan in extremely Christian countries.

    Of course this is a bit different, with actual cases of abuse and not just hearsay. I just wondering if these are isolated cases or signs of a much more widespread practice. The talk of "networks of witch doctors" reminds me again of the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare and the fact that Mr.Angela mainly talks to churches also raise some suspicions.
    Yeah but this isnt a scare. This IS happening.

    The news story ran on the TV earlier and the story itself was actually about the near miraculous survival of a child who had been castrated, had his throat cut and his head, like the top of his skull hacked and survived, they had x-rays which showed how much of his brain had been damaged without damaging his actual ability to function. To me the whole story was about how this kid had survived a machete attack and how he was able to even live with that sort of injury, he'd been in a coma for a month, or how the hell he'd survived and not been killed some how but then it went on to describe the child trafficing racket and witchcraft.

    The journo spoke to someone posing as a builder and the guy was talking about how to ensure the success of the building they needed to bury a child alive in the foundations or cut off their feet and hands and put those in the foundation ritually killing them in the process and draining their blood.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmJoDUGGJI

    Yeah, killing gay people is a real step up.
    Well shit, lets get those missionaries out of there and see that particular pass time disappear why dont we?

    Oh wait...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well shit, lets get those missionaries out of there and see that particular pass time disappear why dont we?

    Oh wait...
    We are kind of trying to get rid of them. The Lord's Resistance Army is now designated as a terrorist organization, for starters.

    Granted, we are opposed to them for much more serious offenses than burning homosexuals in ditches, but I think it is a good start, to disown these people.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah but this isnt a scare. This IS happening.

    The news story ran on the TV earlier and the story itself was actually about the near miraculous survival of a child who had been castrated, had his throat cut and his head, like the top of his skull hacked and survived, they had x-rays which showed how much of his brain had been damaged without damaging his actual ability to function. To me the whole story was about how this kid had survived a machete attack and how he was able to even live with that sort of injury, he'd been in a coma for a month, or how the hell he'd survived and not been killed some how but then it went on to describe the child trafficing racket and witchcraft.

    The journo spoke to someone posing as a builder and the guy was talking about how to ensure the success of the building they needed to bury a child alive in the foundations or cut off their feet and hands and put those in the foundation ritually killing them in the process and draining their blood.
    Well fuck...
    +10% Crit Chance

Similar Threads

  1. Why do you choose not to list/disclose your type?
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 01:34 AM
  2. Would you like to live forever?
    By IZthe411 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
  3. If you had 24 hours to live what would you do?
    By Risen in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 12:11 AM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 05:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO