User Tag List

First 123

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    I can't believe that the Principal didn't know anything about it. Does the Staff often get together in relatively large groups and decide to do things like this without the Principal usually knowing about it? Or is the school just that big? Or is the Principal just that 'out of touch' with what the hell's going on in her school.
    oh, the principal definitely knew. to repeat the first part of the article...

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.
    i highly doubt that it was only five minutes long. he'd have very good reason in hindsight to claim it lasted that short a time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Yeah. I was going to refute this post but... Yeah. Not so much...
    Good choice, Dr. House.

Were you kidding before? Or do you really think this was a valid example of "breaking the illusion"?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I swear this already happened somewhere. My response: Fucking ridiculous. There's no need for it. My school has a plan, we've been trained to respond, and the kids are supposed to know as well. There's no reason to frighten them out of their minds. That's so fucked up. GRR!
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    oh, the principal definitely knew. to repeat the first part of the article...

i highly doubt that it was only five minutes long. he'd have very good reason in hindsight to claim it lasted that short a time.
    Oh, okay. It sounded to me like the Principal was talking like she was 'out of the loop' about it. Trying to distance herself from ' their bad decision' (not a quote, but the gist, to me) Plausable? Deniability. /sarcasm.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i found this here. thoughts?

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son went on the trip.

Some parents said they were upset by the staff's poor judgment in light of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech that left 33 students and professors dead, including the gunman.

During the last night of the trip, staff members convinced the 69 students that there was a gunman on the loose. They were told to lie on the floor or hide underneath tables and stay quiet. A teacher, disguised in a hooded sweat shirt, even pulled on locked door.

After the lights went out, about 20 kids started to cry, 11-year-old Shay Naylor said.

"I was like, 'Oh My God,' " she said. "At first I thought I was going to die. We flipped out."

Principal Catherine Stephens declined to say whether the staff members involved would face disciplinary action, but said the situation "involved poor judgment."
    No way!!

We'd never get away with that shit over here, I've heard of people disciplined, fired and threatened with being added to lists of persons not to work with children because they put fighting young people out of their mini-bus and drove off returning fifthteen minutes later.

I also know of childrens homes on the UK mainland were even thinking about staing rehearsed drills for what to do in the event of a home invasion has been condemned.

In the main I'm a big fan of preparedness and forward thinking, even if I'm practically an improvisation and on the spot leadership type.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

HAHAHA - fucking hilarious. Reminds me of the time in Marine Boot when they told us that WW3 had just broken out in the Korean Peninsula and we were to immediately begin mobilizing mass infantry for war. Half of us shat our pants, including yours truly. Good times.

Ginkgo

Sounds like more of a twisted prank than a practical exercise. It could have been psychologically damaging, if not underwear soiling.

Somehow I'm not surprised. If they were using hollow rounds with AK-47s, now there's a story! Boy, I'm depraved...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I have a few things to say.

(1) Murfreesboro Tennessee? I drove through there in 1987 as a teenager, when my family was moving from Missouri to Virginia. The best part of that town was a restaurant named "The Parthenon Steakhouse." There was also a fireworks store. When I looked at the bottom of a metal cigarrette box case at a truck stop a few hours down the road, it actually said "Made in Murfressboro, TN." Not exactly a booming metropolis, would be scary to see the bad teachers if these yahoos are representative of the status quo there.

(2) What would have happened if one of the students pulled out his 9 mm and capped the asshole trying to get into the door? If that shit happened on an East St. Louis school's trip, or a trip from a school in Detroit, or a trip of a D.C. school, the dude in the hoodie would have been history. Then the asshole teachers would be playing the victims in front of a jury for their unauthorized experiment in fear.

(3) When I was in 2nd and 3rd grade I went to a Dept. of Defense school in (West) Germany. At that time, the Red Army Brigade or "Bader Meinhoff" terrorist group, was bombing U.S. housing installations, motor pools, and office faciliities. They openly threatened to kill even U.S. dependents, specifically children. We were driven to school on a different touring bus each day, not a yellow submarine, so as not ot be easily targeted on the Autobahn (highway). Our housing complex was encircled in barbed wire, with military police patrols, K-9 teams, guys with M-16s, etc. You had an armed checkpoint at the front and back entrance to the housing area.

We regularly received bomb threats at our school, and were herded out of the buildings into "safe" areas. That shit was not exactly fun to deal with. All I wanted to do was get through my math worksheet quick enough so I could shoot spitballs at Cindy MacGruder. I didn't want to be blown up or shot, I was 8-9 years old. I was thankful when we moved to the U.S. that such shit did not happen in public schools. That luxury is now a part of our society's past, as terrorist activity has hit the U.S. mainland for well over 18 years now (McVeigh) in addition to the wackjobs that have opened fire on schools, and the sick kids at Columbine.

Those teachers should be fired. They should at a minimum write a formal letter of apology to each student and their families, and they should have to apologize verbally in person to each student, not just some B.S. whole class apology, or a sterilized school district memo of apology. Fuck that. I would be so pissed off if I lived there. That kind of behavior is unacceptable.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro