User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Male dominance

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm going to address the flip side of the coin and say that women incentivize this almost as much as men do
    - they say "I don't like him, he isn't strong enough" every time they meet a nice guy who will treat them right
    - they "test" men to make sure they're really all they're cracked up to be. the results follow. men can only take so much pestering
    - when they meet a guy who's a real jerk, they usually treat him like gold
    - once they end up in an abusive relationship, they STAY in that relationship (which I may add is also incredibly selfish to any children the couple has)
    synopsis: in general, men who treat women like shit get what they want; men who treat women right get treated like trash.

this trend, and thus the domestic violence inflicted on the woman's end, can be greatly reduced by
    - if you meet a guy who is a real jerk, has violent tendencies or doesn't treat you well DON'T DATE HIM
    - if you meet a guy who is kind, considerate, polite and treats you well, treat him with respect
    - if you do happen to end up in an abusive relationship, LEAVE

if we are talking about a relationship between 2 adults, the woman holds the cards here, not the man. if women don't date ass holes, men who are ass holes won't find mates and society will reward men who don't have control issues. it's just like economics, supply and demand
    I'm going to address the flip side of this....
    I always hear "nice guys" complaining about these type of women who don't behave well or who go off with assholes. Well, I say that these "nice guys" are doing the exact same thing that the women they are pointing the finger at are doing, because there are nice girls who these "nice guys" pay no attention to and do not want.

So you see, there is no such thing as the poor "nice guys" because everyone commits the same crime.

MBTI
    ENTP

"Nice guy" definition of a jerk: Someone who has sex with women.

A BLOO BLOO BLOO. Other guys are only interested in women for sex, Im not so why wont women have sex with me!?
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm going to address the flip side of this....
    I always hear "nice guys" complaining about these type of women who don't behave well or who go off with assholes. Well, I say that these "nice guys" are doing the exact same thing that the women they are pointing the finger at are doing, because there are nice girls who these "nice guys" pay no attention to and do not want.

So you see, there is no such thing as the poor "nice guys" because everyone commits the same crime.
    I have thought of this too. It seems that the nice guys who are complaining seem to choose the same trampy types, time-after-time, and not the nice women. It's the same thing they say the women do.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    Where did this idea come from? And why have women allowed it to persist? Not to say that we are still viewed as unorganized pieces of amphibian waste, but there is defiantely a double standard. A guy can make twelve "mistakes" but a woman who does the same is considered a tramp.
    Interesting questions. I have been having a (very small) browse into this and came across a woman by the name of Gerda Learner who has delved into this mystery.
    I have pasted extracts below....

" 3) "It is from the Neolithic that we derive surviving evidence of cave paintings and sculptures suggesting the pervasive veneration of the Mother-Goddess. We can understand why men and women might have chosen this as their first form of religious expression by considering the psychological bond between mother and child." page 39

4) "It would follow that women would choose or prefer those economic activities which could be combined with their mothering duties. ...Thus, the first sexual division of labor, by which men did the big-game hunting and children and women the small-game hunting and food gathering, seems to derive from biological sex differences. These biological sex differences are not differences in the strength and endurance of men and women but solely reproductive differences, specifically women's ability to nurse babies." pages 41-42

5) Elise Boulding "tells us that food gathering demanded elaborate knowledge of the ecology, of plants and trees and roots, their properties as food and as medicine. She describes primitive women as guardians of the domestic fire, as the inventor of clay and woven vessels, by means of which the tribe's surplus could be saved for lean times. She describes woman as having elicited from plants and trees and fruits the secrets of transforming their products into healing substances, into dyes and hemp and yarn and clothing. Woman knew how to transform the raw materials and dead animals into nurturing products. Her skills must have been as manifold as those of man and certainly as essential. Her knowledge was perhaps greater or at least as great as his; it is easy to imagine that it would have seemed to her quite sufficient. In the development of ritual and rites, of music and dance and poetry, she had as much of a part as he did. And yet she must have known herself responsible of live-giving and nurturing. Woman, in precivilized society, must have been man's equal and may well have felt herself to be his superior." page 43

6) "The ego formation of the individual male, which must have taken place within a context of fear, awe, and possibly dread of the female, must have led men to create social institutions to bolster their egos, strengthen their self-confidence, and validate their sense of worth." page 45"

Very interesting reading, i must get the book.
    Source....
    http://mark.degrassi.ca/papers/ma/so...archy.html#ch1
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    "The ego formation of the individual male, which must have taken place within a context of fear, awe, and possibly dread of the female, must have led men to create social institutions to bolster their egos, strengthen their self-confidence, and validate their sense of worth." page 45"

Source....
    Very interesting... it was clear this was written by a woman and that you were probably an ENFP without looking.

I don't see much difference between "nice guys" and "jerks". They both end up blaming women for their problems. Women also do not trust men which is why they make up crazy stuff about them like what I quoted, test and try them, etc. This is a behavior I am not sure whether men should have a right to complain about but as for myself I don't see how that would stop women from doing so it's best do deal with it with a little discernment, and by deal with it I mean see it for what it is (you shouldn't take it personally or as an attack on your ego because it's got nothing to do with you and everything to do with her feelings) and put up with it. If you can put up with it until she stops without dumping her, then there is usually a rewarding relationship somewhere down the road.
    Good intentions are not enough.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    Very interesting... it was clear this was written by a woman and that you were probably an ENFP without looking.

The fact that i stated it was a woman and gave her name should have been the biggest giveaway.
    But i would like to know why you think is it clear?
    Love your assumptions btw.
    She appears to be a much celebrated writer, is a professor of history and has recieved many awards for her work.
    I thought it a valid source and food for thought.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    STP

It wasn't an assumption it was a guess, and a right one. Also, you're assuming I read all that, which I didn't, so I didn't know it was a woman.

The reason I could tell is because I've heard this theory, in different words, from other women who believe men are afraid of them, who clearly do not understand men as well as they think they do. About your type... totally a guess.
    Good intentions are not enough.

MBTI
    ENTP

6) "The ego formation of the individual male, which must have taken place within a context of fear, awe, and possibly dread of the female, must have led men to create social institutions to bolster their egos, strengthen their self-confidence, and validate their sense of worth." page 45"
    Im going to go out on a limb and say this author subscribes to "Womb Envy" theory as well. My personal theory for why men oppressed women is because humans are monkeys and also just sort of suck in general.
    +10% Crit Chance

I'M SO SMART I DON'T NEED TO READ LOL

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Interesting questions. I have been having a (very small) browse into this and came across a woman by the name of Gerda Learner who has delved into this mystery.
    I have pasted extracts below....

" 3) "It is from the Neolithic that we derive surviving evidence of cave paintings and sculptures suggesting the pervasive veneration of the Mother-Goddess. We can understand why men and women might have chosen this as their first form of religious expression by considering the psychological bond between mother and child." page 39

4) "It would follow that women would choose or prefer those economic activities which could be combined with their mothering duties. ...Thus, the first sexual division of labor, by which men did the big-game hunting and children and women the small-game hunting and food gathering, seems to derive from biological sex differences. These biological sex differences are not differences in the strength and endurance of men and women but solely reproductive differences, specifically women's ability to nurse babies." pages 41-42

5) Elise Boulding "tells us that food gathering demanded elaborate knowledge of the ecology, of plants and trees and roots, their properties as food and as medicine. She describes primitive women as guardians of the domestic fire, as the inventor of clay and woven vessels, by means of which the tribe's surplus could be saved for lean times. She describes woman as having elicited from plants and trees and fruits the secrets of transforming their products into healing substances, into dyes and hemp and yarn and clothing. Woman knew how to transform the raw materials and dead animals into nurturing products. Her skills must have been as manifold as those of man and certainly as essential. Her knowledge was perhaps greater or at least as great as his; it is easy to imagine that it would have seemed to her quite sufficient. In the development of ritual and rites, of music and dance and poetry, she had as much of a part as he did. And yet she must have known herself responsible of live-giving and nurturing. Woman, in precivilized society, must have been man's equal and may well have felt herself to be his superior." page 43

Source....
    Some of this seems misleading and in at least two cases is factually incorrect. The overall tone of it I'm afraid sounds like ego stroking and wound licking. We don't really stand to gain anything talking about who was subjectively better or one gender fearing the other's awesomeness (imagine if I said women felt that way toward men). I take the answer in my first post to be quite sufficient.
    Go to sleep, iguana.