User Tag List

12311 Last

Unhappy The Hatred of Australia and Australians

There is no blood on the wattle. We gained our independence from Britain without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

And we united a whole Continent without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

Americans hate us because they killed massive numbers of their own people, while we did exactly the same as Americans but without killing any of our own people.

As a furphy the American haters bring up Australian aborigines, but they do so without having read their own Jared Diamond's book, "Guns, Germs and Steel"; or without having read our very own Keith Windschuttle's three volumes, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History"; or without having read the comparative history of the Americas and Australia by Claudio Veliz.

But the sadest thing is the self hating Australians who are under the influence of the low, ignorant, popular culture of America.

And as I write the Americans are preparing to use Australia once again to attack our neighbours to our north.

China has sovereignity over the low islands in the South China sea, but they are chock-a-block full of oil and gas. So the Americans have already built stealth tri-marans loaded with leathal weapons and the latest high tech electronics, to challenge the sovereignity of China.

And Australia is to be the base for America's next war in the South China Sea. And we will have the American military on our streets, none of whom can be brought before our Criminal Courts if they commit crimes against Australians. Just as the American military can't be brought before the International Court of Justice for war crimes.

The last time the American miliary were on our streets our artists painted them and some of these paintings hang in our National Gallery, and they show the ugly American, bordering on evil, on our streets.

MBTI
    ----

i love myself with vigour, dear victor.

violaine

Oh jeez, I think a lot of Aboriginal peeps would disagree with you, Victor. They don't have an easy time of things and it's pretty typical of what happens to conquered indigenous people so let's not whitewash that. It is what it is and can't be any different though.

Having said that, yes Australia is beautiful and I love it. But I looove living in the USA, I like the cut and thrust. I'm not a self-hating Aussie either. Being in the US makes me appreciate the absolute paradise Australia is for most of it's residents. I hope the mentality of a big population is never visited on Australia, it would ruin it. I'd rather it stay a pretty backwater from the POV of the rest of the world. They don't know what they are missing! :-)

Also, Americans love Aussies. I've never had anything but luv from Americans about Australia.

Yeah, I prob shouldn't have bothered typing this but I did.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i love myself with vigour, dear victor.
    I must admit dear Strawberries you are a lovable person.

And I encourage you to love yourself enough to read, "Guns, Germs and Steel", by Jared Diamond, as well as the three volumes by Keith Windschuttle called, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", and the comparative history of the Americas and Australia, by Claudio Veliz. And you will be doing not only yourself a favour but us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Oh jeez, I think a lot of Aboriginal peeps would disagree with you, Victor. They don't have an easy time of things and it's pretty typical of what happens to conquered indigenous people so let's not whitewash that. It is what it is and can't be any different though.

Having said that, yes Australia is beautiful and I love it. But I looove living in the USA, I like the cut and thrust. I'm not a self-hating Aussie either. Being in the US makes me appreciate the absolute paradise Australia is for most of it's residents. I hope the mentality of a big population is never visited on Australia, it would ruin it. I'd rather it stay a pretty backwater from the POV of the rest of the world. They don't know what they are missing! :-)

Also, Americans love Aussies. I've never had anything but luv from Americans about Australia.

Yeah, I prob shouldn't have bothered typing this but I did.
    Perhaps if you read the comparative history of the Americas and Australia by Claudio Veliz you may be able to deepen your understanding beyond popular culture.

Among a litany of absurd assertions, this may stand out as your most absurd. Congratulations, I didn't know you had it in you.

Wait, wait, don't get up. Allow me:

I'd like to remind myself and the mods that ad hominem attacks are against the rules and may lead to banning.™
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

violaine

How is my understanding shallow? I actually live in both countries, I'll be a dual citizen next year. I've lived in the UK too, I think about and discuss the comparative development of societies a great deal. It seems an obvious question but have you even spent any time in the USA? How do you know your take on this is all-encompassing? I assure you, Australia is not even a blip on the radar in the USA for the vast majority of people, let alone enough for Americans to hate Australia. And why would they anyway?

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not a self-hating Australian. I'm fairly proud to be an Aussie. I'm just a bit embarrassed to share both a nationality and a type with you after these latest efforts.

I still tell (Australian) people about the time you assured me that all Aussies love voting on election day. How we laugh!

Edit: the only people I've come across who seem to expend any effort hating Australia are kiwis. That Underarm Ball was their Pearl Harbor.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Is this about the rugby?

TVNZ - Aussie Sob Story? Try Again
    NZ Herald - Aussies irked at Kiwi Rugby World Cup nastiness

I confess it, I totally cheered for Ireland!
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh yay! I inspired Victor to start a thread due to my derailing comments in the other!

Yeah, I'm sure the aboriginal people of Australia will agree that not one bad thing has ever happened to them due to a colonial power. Just like indigenous people everywhere.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you were trying to say that I'm American, or that I hate Americans. ("American hater"). If you had read my comments you would realise that I am Canadian, and that the point I was trying to make was that I do not hate Americans. (unlike you)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING