User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I work with an aussie women here in Seattle. She always calls people 'love' and is generally delightful.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I work with an aussie women here in Seattle. She always calls people 'love' and is generally delightful.
    You're just saying that because you secretly hate her!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ----

cats love vegemite. you can use vegemite to teach your cat tricks.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

LOL, who hates Aussies? They took our young Mel Gibson and formed him into the exemplary man he is today.

I won't even mention the creepy reverse-swirling toilets!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That's a Huntsman, by the way, not a funnel web spider.
    Ah. Right you are. After some fact checking, Ive learned Ive gotten the two mixed up. So, correction:

Australian Funnel Web Spiders: Actually size of a quarter. Can still bite through rubber, but now can fit inside of your shoe and kill you.

Australian Huntsman Spider: Actually size of a dinner plate. Non-lethal, but capable of life inflicting lifelong emotional trauma should you find one in your bed/house/country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Dont be silly, Australians are awesome.

You know, Lark, I want you to realize that T&A comes in every nationality. Please do not let the model distract you from the shark and jellyfish infested waters behind her. I actually heard she was mutilated by a cassowary right after completing this shoot. I dont know if it's true, but I do know even the birds can kill you in Australia.
    Last edited by Wind Up Rex; 10-08-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    You're just saying that because you secretly hate her!

(I do)

My point is that we gained our independence and united a whole continent without killing anyone.

And my point still stands.

No aborigines were killed, nor did any aborigines kill, in gaining our independence from Britain.

And no aborigines were killed, nor did any aborigines kill, in uniting a whole continent into the Federation of Australia.

These are simple facts, but those who hate Australia, and self hating Australians, bring up the plight of aborigines to distract attention from these two facts.

And these are two interesting facts in comparative history, for the USA did the opposite to Australia and gained their independence and united the continental United States by engaging in the mass killing of their own people.

And if your concern for aboriginal people was in any way genuine, and not a way to express your hatred of Australia and Australians, you would read, "Guns, Germs and Steel", by Jared Diamond, and find out what did happen to aborigines. But we know this won't happen because you want to keep on pouring out your hatred of Australia in the guise of a phoney concern for Australian aborigines.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My point is that we gained our independence and united a whole continent without killing anyone.

And my point still stands.

No aborigines were killed, nor did any aborigines kill, in gaining our independence from Britain.

And no aborigines were killed, nor did any aborigines kill, in uniting a whole continent into the Federation of Australia.

These are simple facts,
    Here's a simple fact from wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ean_settlement
    According to the historian Geoffrey Blainey, in Australia during the colonial period: "In a thousand isolated places there were occasional shootings and spearings."..The impact of Europeans was profoundly disruptive to Aboriginal life and, though the extent of violence is debated, there was considerable conflict on the frontier. At the same time, some settlers were quite aware they were usurping the Aborigines place in Australia. In 1845, settler Charles Griffiths sought to justify this, writing; "The question comes to this; which has the better right – the savage, born in a country, which he runs over but can scarcely be said to occupy ... or the civilized man, who comes to introduce into this ... unproductive country, the industry which supports life."
    All it takes is one dead Aborigine at the hand or rifle of a colonist to reduce your simple facts to zero.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Ah. Right you are. After some fact checking, Ive learned Ive gotten the two mixed up. So, correction:

Australian Funnel Web Spiders: Actually size of a quarter. Can still bit through rubber, but now can fit inside of your shoe and kill you.

Australian Huntsman Spider: Actually size of a dinner plate. Non-lethal, but capable of life inflicting lifelong emotional trauma should you find one in your bed/house/country.
    I must admit, I've not had a run-in with a funnel web, thankfully.

I HAVE however, had MANY run-ins with hunstmans and wolf spiders.

I had a hunstman the size of a dinner plate drop on my head one night when i was in bed. I screamed. I screamed like a little girl (which i was, since i was 11) - I grew up in the country.

Most of my interactions however come from picking fruit and especially grapes and putting your arm into a vine to cut a bunch of grapes only to have a massive huntsman run up my arm and then scream and start madly flicking your arm about to try and get it off. The worst part is if they reach the back of your shirt and go down it. BAD BAD BAD.

Thankfully, they're only pretty harmless, only slightly venomous, and generally pretty timid.

Even fish can kill you here, I nearly stepped on one of these buggers one day when snorkelling.

Amazing Animal Fact: The venom of a stonefish can kill a human in two hours.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Unconscious and Shared Hatred

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    All it takes is one dead Aborigine at the hand or rifle of a colonist to reduce your simple facts to zero.
    This is a perfect example of the hatred of Australia and Australians.

And the hatred is all the more powerful because it is unconscious and shared by the group.