User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

A "wattle"? As in, the stuff some male birds have?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ----

wattle is a native flower of australia. yellow wattle is australia's national floral emblem.

top 10 most livable cities in the world

haters gon hate. our unemployment rate is 5%, and we're not scratching around to pay our national debt like hobos searching for booze money at a bus station.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    wattle is a native flower of australia. yellow wattle is australia's national floral emblem.

top 10 most livable cities in the world

haters gon hate. our unemployment rate is 5%, and we're not scratching around to pay our national debt like hobos searching for booze money at a bus station.
    I think the thing here is: nobody really hates Austrailia, except maybe for some reason Vic thinks we should. The closest I saw in this thead to any hate was from a Brit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

What most Americans know about Australia is contained in Crocodile Dundee, Foster's ads, The Crocodile Hunter and a Bloomin' Onion. I've never come across any strong opinion one way or the other about Australia in my entire life spent in the states.

MBTI
    ----

qlip, i'm just stirring. i can't help it - baby, i was born this way.

here let's share some vegemite in the spirit of cultural acceptance.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    qlip, i'm just stirring. i can't help it - baby, i was born this way.

here let's share some vegemite in the spirit of cultural acceptance.
    Got it.. I wish you guys wouldn't be so confrontational. Damned ... I don't even know a derogatory word for an Aussie. Eh, Kangaroo humper?

"Vegemite-eater" seems plenty derogatory to me.

I'd be offended if someone insinuated I like to eat vegemite.

MBTI
    ----

some people call australians skips in a derogatory way, but it wouldn't hurt my feewings because i'm sexy and privileged. [blows kisses]

93JC - i'm eating vegemite right now, so if you called me that i would just consider it descriptive.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There is no blood on the wattle. We gained our independence from Britain without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

And we united a whole Continent without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

Americans hate us because they killed massive numbers of their own people, while we did exactly the same as Americans but without killing any of our own people.

As a furphy the American haters bring up Australian aborigines, but they do so without having read their own Jared Diamond's book, "Guns, Germs and Steel"; or without having read our very own Keith Windschuttle's three volumes, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History"; or without having read the comparative history of the Americas and Australia by Claudio Veliz.

But the sadest thing is the self hating Australians who are under the influence of the low, ignorant, popular culture of America.

And as I write the Americans are preparing to use Australia once again to attack our neighbours to our north.

China has sovereignity over the low islands in the South China sea, but they are chock-a-block full of oil and gas. So the Americans have already built stealth tri-marans loaded with leathal weapons and the latest high tech electronics, to challenge the sovereignity of China.

And Australia is to be the base for America's next war in the South China Sea. And we will have the American military on our streets, none of whom can be brought before our Criminal Courts if they commit crimes against Australians. Just as the American military can't be brought before the International Court of Justice for war crimes.

The last time the American miliary were on our streets our artists painted them and some of these paintings hang in our National Gallery, and they show the ugly American, bordering on evil, on our streets.
    Huh? What the?

This really makes no sense.

To The Rest of Australia:

Subject: I you

I love your attractive accents. I love your... um... koalas...

I really love your accents.

Please feel free to come to the US and treat us with your amazing accents and attractiveness. I will totally marry you and give you green cards.

JUST FEED ME YOUR ACCENT!!!

~A non-accented American.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

By the way: what's a "furphy"? (see Victor's original post.)

Is it something that Furby says when he gets mad?

EDIT: Oh, I just looked it up. It's Aus slang for a rumour! Also spelled "furfie". YOu learn something knew every day. You guys really like slang ending in "ie", don't you? (barbie, biccie, etc)

*says all this while secretly hating Australians*

:haterofAustraliaandAustralians:
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING