First 2345614 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Dont be silly, Australians are awesome.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I just want to go to Perth, and see the stars' old photographs. If I see an aborigine I will try to be nice, as long as they don't block my view.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I just want to go to Perth, and see the stars' old photographs. If I see an aborigine I will try to be nice, as long as they don't block my view.
    It's a bit off topic (or is it?), but when I visited Perth I saw the most gorgeous man I have ever seen in my entire life. My Canadian friend, who was living in Perth at the time, confirmed that he looked like he was Maori. I don't think I have ever seen such a godlike male of the species before or since.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    It's a bit off topic (or is it?), but when I visited Perth I saw the most gorgeous man I have ever seen in my entire life. My Canadian friend, who was living in Perth at the time, confirmed that he looked like he was Maori. I don't think I have ever seen such a godlike male of the species before or since.
    I assume the topic is the beauty of Australia, so whether I discuss the gorgeous view of giant balls of gas or you discuss the beautiful savages, it's all on topic.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

In all honesty how do the austrialians get to be so hot and also have that sort of easy going wit? You know the stuff in the Fosters ads?

Is it a consequence of multiculturalism, early life as a penal colony? What?

Also, the Austrailians did have independence fighters and there was violent anti-colonialism, isnt the southern cross a symbol still for those who wanted to leave the commonwealth?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know any Americans who hate Australia or Australians. In fact, most of us have a pretty romanticized view of the land down under. This is not unfounded, because it is a beautiful place and the people are generally very welcoming and friendly (at least this was my experience during my one brief visit). But no country is without its sordid moments in history, and Australia is no different.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I don't know any Americans who hate Australia or Australians. In fact, most of us have a pretty romanticized view of the land down under. This is not unfounded, because it is a beautiful place and the people are generally very welcoming and friendly. But no country is without its sordid moments in history, and Australia is no different.
    Every human heart is capable of almost anything. Eventually people will be able to own their histories as persecutors aswell as persecuted and treat those two imposters the same. With the advent of a true human consciousness nothing human will be foreign to anyone, the terrible aswell as the good.

I don't hate Australia. It would be the perfect place for an all-American amusement park.

[YOUTUBE="Du3WhHrrNgs"]Don't wanna hurt no kangaroos[/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

There is no hatred for Australia in America.
    The truth is that Americans don't think about Australia at all.
    It's a place to vacation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There is no blood on the wattle. We gained our independence from Britain without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

And we united a whole Continent without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

Americans hate us because they killed massive numbers of their own people, while we did exactly the same as Americans but without killing any of our own people.

As a furphy the American haters bring up Australian aborigines, but they do so without having read their own Jared Diamond's book, "Guns, Germs and Steel"; or without having read our very own Keith Windschuttle's three volumes, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History"; or without having read the comparative history of the Americas and Australia by Claudio Veliz.

But the sadest thing is the self hating Australians who are under the influence of the low, ignorant, popular culture of America.

And as I write the Americans are preparing to use Australia once again to attack our neighbours to our north.

China has sovereignity over the low islands in the South China sea, but they are chock-a-block full of oil and gas. So the Americans have already built stealth tri-marans loaded with leathal weapons and the latest high tech electronics, to challenge the sovereignity of China.

And Australia is to be the base for America's next war in the South China Sea. And we will have the American military on our streets, none of whom can be brought before our Criminal Courts if they commit crimes against Australians. Just as the American military can't be brought before the International Court of Justice for war crimes.

The last time the American miliary were on our streets our artists painted them and some of these paintings hang in our National Gallery, and they show the ugly American, bordering on evil, on our streets.
    You are not independent.

Nobody really cares too much about Australia. Well, not as much as a lot of Australians would like everyone to. I'm pretty happy with our friendly rivalry just so long as we batter you at cricket/rugby once in a while. You can't like those leather-skinned, VB drinking types have fun all year round, y'know. I kind of prefer the Kiwis since they're a bit quieter, and there's less fervent patriotism. Plus they pronounce almost every vowel like a "u" which is funny.

All in all I'm okay with Ozzies. I don't hate them at all. I'd say the hatred if more Australia against England than England against Australia in any case.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.