User Tag List

First 8161718

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    In doing my regular, day-to-day survival check-ins with the sites Australian members, I've been unable to get in touch with young @Maddy for almost two weeks now. We can only assume the worst.

I am unwilling to speculate as to which of Australia's innumerable animals that can kill you might be responsible, but I will start taking bets in the next half hour for anyone who would.

Truly a sad occasion for us all.
    Maddy is on extended break, thankfully she has not succumbed to any of our poisonous natives. Me included

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Since this thread has gone to weird places, would it be too weird for me to post my song about Victor?
    Your song, with your writing and your singing? No. Posting it would probably be the least weird thing about it.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Default Vic's song

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Your song, with your writing and your singing? No. Posting it would probably be the least weird thing about it.
    Nah, it's a parody song - see if you can guess the original! I'm no Weird Al, but there it goes...

(Note: it's supposed to be about the relationship between the forum and Victor, not a criticism of either. Enjoy!)

Victor

Victor:
    TypoC
    It's our tribal network
    Every post
    Like the one before
    TypoC
    Full of geeky people
    Logging in to say - "Hello!" "G'day!" "Hallo!" "Bonjour!"

There go the mods, ensuring rules are followed
    If things go bad, they must be quick
    Every day is just the same
    As the day when I first came
    To this corner of the web- "Hey there, Vic!"

"Good day!"
    "Where you off to?"
    "The politics subforum... I just thought up this wonderful theory - It's about the abreaction and-"
    "Yes, that's very nice. Saturned! The kitten pics! Hurry up!"

Crowd:
    Look at him post, that guy is strange, no question
    It's almost like a kind of schtick
    Always rambling like a loon
    Like he came from some cartoon
    No denying he's a funny guy, that Vic...

(...)

Look at him post, that guy is so peculiar
    Is he playing some sort of trick?
    Pens one-sentence paragraphs
    Never cries and never laughs
    What a puzzle to the rest of us is Vic!

(...)

Njintje:
    I do not know what his thing with Oz is
    Why do we Aussies never click?
    Dealing with stuff so abstract
    Yet he states it all as fact
    Please do not judge us all solely by Vic...

Crowd:
    Look, there he goes, the guy who's strange but special
    We do not know what makes him tick
    Will be be the next Foucault
    Or will he end up eating crow
    'Cause he is a very funny guy
    Well-meaning but a funny guy
    He really is a funny guy, that Vic!

I'm not a good lyricist, but damn, this idea has been stuck to my mind for a while...
    Last edited by Viridian; 10-15-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    There is no blood on the wattle. We gained our independence from Britain without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

And we united a whole Continent without spilling a drop of Australian blood, including the blood of aboriginal Australians.

Americans hate us because they killed massive numbers of their own people, while we did exactly the same as Americans but without killing any of our own people.

As a furphy the American haters bring up Australian aborigines, but they do so without having read their own Jared Diamond's book, "Guns, Germs and Steel"; or without having read our very own Keith Windschuttle's three volumes, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History"; or without having read the comparative history of the Americas and Australia by Claudio Veliz.

But the sadest thing is the self hating Australians who are under the influence of the low, ignorant, popular culture of America.

And as I write the Americans are preparing to use Australia once again to attack our neighbours to our north.

China has sovereignity over the low islands in the South China sea, but they are chock-a-block full of oil and gas. So the Americans have already built stealth tri-marans loaded with leathal weapons and the latest high tech electronics, to challenge the sovereignity of China.

And Australia is to be the base for America's next war in the South China Sea. And we will have the American military on our streets, none of whom can be brought before our Criminal Courts if they commit crimes against Australians. Just as the American military can't be brought before the International Court of Justice for war crimes.

The last time the American miliary were on our streets our artists painted them and some of these paintings hang in our National Gallery, and they show the ugly American, bordering on evil, on our streets.

Australian aborigines denied full citizenship -

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4344704.html

"It is shocking to learn that the non-registration of Aboriginal births remains so prevalent in a wealthy country like Australia, writes Dr Paula Gerber.

When did we stop denying Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples Australian citizenship? Most of you probably think the answer is 1967, following the referendum to amend the constitution.

However, the fact is that in 2012, many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples still struggle to enjoy full citizenship in Australia. This is because of problems they experience accessing a birth certificate - the document universally recognised as being the key to accessing citizenship rights. Not having a birth certificate is the equivalent of being legally invisible."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Australia
    "A First Fleet of British ships arrived at Botany Bay in January 1788[5] to establish a penal colony. In the century that followed, the British established other colonies on the continent, and European explorers ventured into its interior. Indigenous Australians were greatly weakened and their numbers diminished by introduced diseases and conflict with the colonists during this period."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"More recent research by Craig Mear, Michael Bennett, and Christopher Warren) indicates that, despite controversy, it is highly likely that the 1789 outbreak of smallpox was a deliberate act by British marines when they ran out of ammunition and needed to expand the settlement out to Parramatta."

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Nah, it's a parody song - see if you can guess the original! I'm no Weird Al, but there it goes...

(Note: it's supposed to be about the relationship between the forum and Victor, not a criticism of either. Enjoy!)

Victor

Victor:
    TypoC
    It's our tribal network
    Every post
    Like the one before
    TypoC
    Full of geeky people
    Logging in to say - "Hello!" "G'day!" "Hallo!" "Bonjour!"

There go the mods, ensuring rules are followed
    If things go bad, they must be quick
    Every day is just the same
    As the day when I first came
    To this corner of the web- "Hey there, Vic!"

"Good day!"
    "Where you off to?"
    "The politics subforum... I just thought up this wonderful theory - It's about the abreaction and-"
    "Yes, that's very nice. Saturned! The kitten pics! Hurry up!"

Crowd:
    Look at him post, that guy is strange, no question
    It's almost like a kind of schtick
    Always rambling like a loon
    Like he came from some cartoon
    No denying he's a funny guy, that Vic...

(...)

Look at him post, that guy is so peculiar
    Is he playing some sort of trick?
    Pens one-sentence paragraphs
    Never cries and never laughs
    What a puzzle to the rest of us is Vic!

(...)

Njintje:
    I do not know what his thing with Oz is
    Why do we Aussies never click?
    Dealing with stuff so abstract
    Yet he states it all as fact
    Please do not judge us all solely by Vic...

Crowd:
    Look, there he goes, the guy who's strange but special
    We do not know what makes him tick
    Will be be the next Foucault
    Or will he end up eating crow
    'Cause he is a very funny guy
    Well-meaning but a funny guy
    He really is a funny guy, that Vic!

I'm not a good lyricist, but damn, this idea has been stuck to my mind for a while...
    It's extraordinary, on site called Typology Central most members have no interest in the study of types, let alone archetypes. Their interest lies in narcissism and insults.

Why is this?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It's extraordinary, on site called Typology Central most members have no interest in the study of types, let alone archetypes. Their interest lies in narcissism and insults.

Why is this?
    ^Copy and paste.

Because, as Viridian said, you portray theories as facts.

MBTI
    INTP

As a Brit I don't hate you. Why should I, when we gave you much of your culture? lol..

I like many aspects of your culture/society, though you are maybe too racist. And you should become a republic.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

What are you on about Mole? Are you seriously stating that there is a national beef between Australia and US, because you had an argument on MBTI forum with an American? Who are these "American haters"? Now I haven't read the argument itself, but I doubt there was anyone high lighting background and accusing either nation of being collectively responsible for anything. Which planet are you living on son?

Your ramblings and rants, make as much sense as packets of peanuts at a weight-loss convention.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."