Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: The Hatred of Australia and Australians

Permabanned Array
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Why did I even open this thread?
    For shark surfing Americans!

This isnt a zoo its a prison.

I have no clue whether Victor is being his usual paranoid self or he really think this (topic) is an existing issue.

If the latter is the answer, it should be noted that Australia is one of the most loved (popular) countries of the rest of the world.

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar

Really? I thought Americans were just jealous because the AUD is worth about the same as the USD, which is just damn embarrassing. USA is going down, down, down....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Junior Nasty Woman Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    872 sx/sp

Exclamation SERIOUS NOTE

In doing my regular, day-to-day survival check-ins with the sites Australian members, I've been unable to get in touch with young @Maddy for almost two weeks now. We can only assume the worst.

I am unwilling to speculate as to which of Australia's innumerable animals that can kill you might be responsible, but I will start taking bets in the next half hour for anyone who would.

Truly a sad occasion for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And Manning publicly called Lenin the mass murderer, "Christ-like".
    That, at least, seems apt.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile A Polity

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post

I'm not sure what you are trying to say by saying taking Australia for granted. I had no choice about where I was born, I need not be thankful for it, it's just something (comparitively fortunate) that happened.

You are right, Australians are an interesting people with strength and depth, but the same can be said of every other nation. Australia and its people are no more or less special than any other country.

But, the points you're making are not really true. Our so called liberal "democracy" is an utterly pointless example of two-party idiocy, the current unusual situation notwithstanding. And to describe Australia as "one of the most progressive countries on earth" on the basis of a rather dubious tax, makes very little sense.

Finally, as I'm not a nationalist of any sort, my nationality does not form a significant enough part of my identity that I need to know and love my country to any great degree in order to know and love myself.
    I do think that in moving our into the world, we need to know who we are. We need to know what we have to offer and what we need from others.

So first and foremost we are a polity. We are a liberal democratic polity that has successfully limited political power for more than one hundred and sixty years. And we maintained our liberal democracy even during the trying war years. And so we are the sixth oldest continuous democracy in the world.

And what we have discovered is that once we get the politics right, most of the other things follow along.

Since this thread has gone to weird places, would it be too weird for me to post my song about Victor?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Australia is responsible for Savage Garden, and, by extension, rotting my teenage brain. You people clearly have a great deal to answer for, I should sue all of you.

P.S. This is pretty much just a fluff post so I can subscribe to this amazing thread.