User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Perhaps you would prefer to disembowel our Physicists, for just the other day one of them won the Nobel Prize for Physics for discovering that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate.

There is no question we have a lot to hate. So take your pick koalas, Physicists, Poets and Artists, and even me.

Let yourself go. Wallow in your hatred of Austalia and Australians to your hearts content. Let it be your catharsis and you will no doubt emerge as a better person.

One moment you may be wallowing in your hatred of Australia and Australians and the next you may be taking us as role models.

And soon we will count you as a philo-australian.
    Oh no Victor, don't be mad. I'm not really cheating on you if I think about you while in the act of killing koalas.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I can't judge too harshly, given that when I first went to Germany (18) I turned up at the airport in an Akubra hat and wearing one of these jackets:

I'm...I'm not proud.
    Nothing wrong with a duster! Those Krauts can deal with it if they don't like 'em.

I'll bet my boots you did not read the seminal work on Aboriginal History by the Australian historian, Keith Windschuttle, in three volumes and called, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History".

No less a historian than the doyen of American historians, Claudio Veliz, has described, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", as a seminal work, a courageous work, a game changer, that changes our whole view of Aboriginal History. But you know nothing about it, never mind having read it and critiqued it.

No doubt your institution has exposed you to cheap propaganda which we now call the black armband view of history.

I imagine your institution fails to encourage critical and creative thinking, but prefers to tell you what to think. And naturally you swallow it, as easily as you swallow a beer or MBTI.
    I know this isn't related, but I'm happy that you've learned to not do so many line breaks, and type out those schizophrenic stanzas in that robotic-Jesus impression you do. Good on you, no matter what you say about Australia. You finally sound human at least.

The easiest way to get to the truth is to simply to tell an aborigine any of this (or a maori for that matter), get your ass severely kicked, then go home.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll bet my boots you did not read the seminal work on Aboriginal History by the Australian historian, Keith Windschuttle, in three volumes and called, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History".

No less a historian than the doyen of American historians, Claudio Veliz, has described, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", as a seminal work, a courageous work, a game changer, that changes our whole view of Aboriginal History. But you know nothing about it, never mind having read it and critiqued it.

No doubt your institution has exposed you to cheap propaganda which we now call the black armband view of history.

I imagine your institution fails to encourage critical and creative thinking, but prefers to tell you what to think. And naturally you swallow it, as easily as you swallow a beer or MBTI.
    I'm going through some literature on it at the moment, but certainly, it has not been taught in class.

From what i can see he doesn't seem to address the other 'massacres' thoughout australia, mostly settling on the 'black war' of tasmania, and even then he admits that there were killings, mainly in response to 'guerilla style attacks' on european settlers. He asserts there were about 120 deaths that have plausible records for.

So, based on assertations that there were no killings, on your behalf, I cannot agree, if Windschuttle himself admits there were killings, even of some kind, then there IS blood on the wattle.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    You know, Lark, I want you to realize that T&A comes in every nationality. Please do not let the model distract you from the shark and jellyfish infested waters behind her. I actually heard she was mutilated by a cassowary right after completing this shoot. I dont know if it's true, but I do know even the birds can kill you in Australia.
    Everything you said just made Australia sound cool.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Perhaps you would prefer to disembowel our Physicists, for just the other day one of them won the Nobel Prize for Physics for discovering that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate.

There is no question we have a lot to hate. So take your pick koalas, Physicists, Poets and Artists, and even me.

Let yourself go. Wallow in your hatred of Austalia and Australians to your hearts content. Let it be your catharsis and you will no doubt emerge as a better person.

One moment you may be wallowing in your hatred of Australia and Australians and the next you may be taking us as role models.

And soon we will count you as a philo-australian.
    Yup. This is a strong contender for Victor's best post ever.

Well, there are people who deny the Holocaust ever happened, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that there are Aussies (or Canadians, for that matter) who deny that their people ever did one bad thing to the indigenous people of their nations. I honestly find it pretty sinister though.

How do you feel about the Holocaust, @Victor? Did that happen?

EDIT: oohh I just saw that @Nijntje posted the same thing more or less. Sorry! Question still stands though, I think.

And yeah, I live in London and some of the Aussies here are pretty damn annoying. As are some of the Kiwis. On the other hand, some of them are pretty great too, so...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Yup. This is a strong contender for Victor's best post ever.
    It could just be that I'm feeling ill anyway but I laughed so hard at that and the quoted post that I nearly spewed.

Anyway, I've noticed a theme with Victors posts, he wants to be part of an in crowd or groupthink struggling with the "other" guy. Its taken a couple of different forms, secularism vs. religion, christendom vs. islam and now the latest Australia vs. The World. Awesome.

MBTI
    INTJ

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.