First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Im sure when the War on Terror is won and the mudslimes are dead all of our constitutional rights will be returned to us.

In the meantime Ill just be silently praying that the Mayans were right.
    I'm still waiting to get back the Constitutional rights we lost during the 'War on Drugs'.

When will the Armistice on all these "wars" against abstracts ever begin?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I'm still waiting to get back the Constitutional rights we lost during the 'War on Drugs'.

When we no longer have interest in controlling either our own disaffected population or the governments of other nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Well, there is a difference between them officially having the ability to kill people, and someone previously having killed someone.
    Yeah, so? What we're talking about here (and what happened) is the former, not the latter.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, so? What we're talking about here (and what happened) is the former, not the latter.
    Okay, I was referring specifically to the statement about the precedent. I wasn't aware anyone officially had the ability to kill someone.

I was saying that just because Obama issued a kill, it doesn't mean all of a sudden presidents are allowed to issue kills based on that. Or maybe they are! That is why I was stating that there was a difference- I wasn't necessarily arguing.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

When we no longer have interest in controlling either our own disaffected population or the governments of other
    drat another Catch-22
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

When Richard Nixon figured out that if he outlawed pot he could arrest hippies. A noble aim but ultimately disastrous.

Then the private prisons figured out that they could make a lot of money locking up harmless junkies and stoners. Then the CIA figured out they could make a bunch of money to fund "freedom fighters", and God knows what else, by selling illegal drugs. Its pretty much a huge clusterfuck of people profiting on human suffering.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10...son-americans/

Its not going to get better any time soon.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Okay, I was referring specifically to the statement about the precedent. I wasn't aware anyone officially had the ability to kill someone.

I was saying that just because Obama issued a kill, it doesn't mean all of a sudden presidents are allowed to issue kills based on that. Or maybe they are! That is why I was stating that there was a difference- I wasn't necessarily arguing.
    I thought by "precedent" you were referring to the legal definition, which does mean that "all of a sudden presidents are allowed to issue kills based on that."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

The only two methods of authority anyone has for anything are force and coercion. Obama had the authority of force.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I thought by "precedent" you were referring to the legal definition, which does mean that "all of a sudden presidents are allowed to issue kills based on that."
    Sorry, I really wasn't aware it meant that. I took it as more of meaning example, or that it had happened before.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    The only two methods of authority anyone has for anything are force and coercion. Obama had the authority of force.
    The point making is that Obama and the federal government get their authority from the U.S. Constitution. The Congress has the power to pass laws and the President has the power to enforce those laws. The president is also the Commander in Chief and has authority over the military to fight wars in countries we are at War with. The Congress made a law that it is a federal crime to for an American to kill an American in a foreign land. The President is duty bound to honor that law and not to use the CIA to kill citizens that he thinks are criminal (or thinks that the media thinks are criminals). Particularly when there is no trial and guilty verdict (they didn't attempt a trial in absentia)

Practically President Obama may be above the rule of law as it is unlikely under the political climate that he will be prosecuted. Technically however, President Obama may be an accessory to murder.

MBTI
    INTj

Why are people so apt to trust authority?
    Abolishing authority is not an option. If government was eliminated, power would simply be seized by warlords or foreign interests.