First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Look on the bright side, the both of them gets to screw 70 virgins in heaven. Ah, the perks of being an Islamist.
    I wouldn't go for virgins.

On a different note, I really don't feel like I have enough information to make any kind of judgement on this.

If they were in the wrong? Fine, off with their heads.

Innocent? Well, I'd have to disagree.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Why are people so apt to trust authority?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    A safer bet is to presume authority is untrustworthy. The forefathers/drafters of the Constitution took this view (i.e Nazi or sheeple= trust authority / Constitutionalitist = distrust authority) Until that presumption is rebutted then innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post

Interesting perspective because I am less concerned with the specific innocence or guilt of the victims/accused rather more concerned with the fairness of the process (Constitutionality) and what kind of precedent it set. This is because the precedence will affect more people and its reverberations will lead to other precedents througaout the generations (i.e. a slippery slope)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Probably being identified as someone linked to terrorism against the U.S.
    Probably a safe assumption. So, I suppose that when terror cells are found in the U.S. we could just go in and gun them down.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

A war on terror, is a war on a tactic which has existed since we've had civilisations. They come out of the population, and thus hard to identify. Specificly with suicide terrorism where the number 1 factor in the motive lies in occupation, any military action which undoubtably also targets the population will have the effect of escalation. Since military action and occupation fuels terrorism, and the administration argues it to be a war(where civil liberties are to be ignored)...they've effectivly created a self perpetuating controlling war profit machine, untill all monitary tricks to pay for the endevours are exausted.

Theres a reason why terrorism was a policing function, some just refuse to remember it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I wouldn't go for virgins.

On a different note, I really don't feel like I have enough information to make any kind of judgement on this.

"I only agree with lynch mob style justice when the victim is guilty."

^Think long and hard about what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Ive said it a million times before, People are monkeys. Once you get that simple fact through your head everything about human nature makes sense. The next time someone says something unbearably stupid just rephrase it as "Ook ook ahk ahk!" and it will suddenly make total sense.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I'd be curious to read what sort of legal provisions allowed him to authorize this and why some other country couldn't sue the shit out of us for violating some international law.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    We are in war.

I repeat, we are in war and have been for a while.

I was not surprised that anwar was killed and had pegged him myself as dangerous before he was killed.
    We are at war against what? Newspapers? Because this was a man that did nothing. At least on paper he did something but that was based on "classified evidence" which is a fancy word for "we dont got to prove shit". Misuse of the 1st Amendment is not a crime, especially not one worthy of assassination.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I'd be curious to read what sort of legal provisions allowed him to authorize this and why some other country couldn't sue the shit out of us for violating some international law.
    This was in Yemen, we give them about +$20 Million in aid. They arent going to complain.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

@spamtar: yes, the slippery slope effect is indeed something to watch out for. Who is to say a precedent hasn't already been set anyway?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex