User Tag List

First 3111213

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    The American judicial system takes 20-30 years to finalize an execution. If terrorists were given the same protection, their children would die of old age by the time a decision was made.

That is your personal preference. Fortunately, the people in charge of defense does not think that way. No new precedent has been set. The state has always been allowed to use lethal force against impending threats.
    I hate you. I hate the way you think. I hate what you believe and I hate everything you stand for.
    +10% Crit Chance

And we have Bush and Obama to thank for that. Keep up the good work.

You underestimate the power of terror. Bin Laden was just one man with a few million dollars and some invisible virgins to pimp out. Yet, he was able to cause the most powerful nation in history to waste trillions of dollars to defend itself.
    Actually I'm not sure about that, Bin Laden probably hoped that would happen, although it was more the will of the US state and voting public that that take place.

With no preparation for the Cold War endgame and no anticipation it would end with the USSR simply collapsing the US was left with an "other" to worry (or more rightly worry its public) about.

Pretty shit situation to find yourself in when for generations the, first national then international, game of cowboys and indians has been how you understood yourselves and everyone else.

Before Bin Laden et al it was the militias and domestic terror which was causing the sweat. Bin Laden and the US met a need in each other.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The president is under scrutiny from congress as well as competitors from within his own party. If he actually abused his powers, his opponents would not hesitate to take him down.
    So the justice of his actions can be determined by the level of opposition he recieves from other people in power?

Again, some people just don't have your level of trust for those with political authority.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Actually I'm not sure about that, Bin Laden probably hoped that would happen, although it was more the will of the US state and voting public that that take place.

With no preparation for the Cold War endgame and no anticipation it would end with the USSR simply collapsing the US was left with an "other" to worry (or more rightly worry its public) about.

Pretty shit situation to find yourself in when for generations the, first national then international, game of cowboys and indians has been how you understood yourselves and everyone else.

Before Bin Laden et al it was the militias and domestic terror which was causing the sweat. Bin Laden and the US met a need in each other.
    This is pretty much true.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    I hate you. I hate the way you think. I hate what you believe and I hate everything you stand for.
    So?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    So the justice of his actions can be determined by the level of opposition he recieves from other people in power?
    The legal system is not perfect. Blind allegiance to it will not produce the best outcome in all situation.

Again, some people just don't have your level of trust for those with political authority.
    Again, it's the lessor of two evils. They must be given sufficient power to be effective.

MBTI
    ENTP

So?
    Just thought Id make you aware. Now would you please leave this board, bipeds are talking.
    +10% Crit Chance

There's always bad tempers here. I've noticed that.

And the people who're not normally bad tempered get followed around by assholes who try to bring it out.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Just thought Id make you aware. Now would you please leave this board, bipeds are talking.
    Should I be pleased?