User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Whats your authority to judge who are "bad men", Mr.Bush ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post

HE DIDNT KILL A TERRORIST(at least on purpose). HE KILLED THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AL QAEDA NEWSLETTER. A MAN WITH NO PROVEN TIES TO ANY ACTUAL AL QAEDA OPERATIONS. A MAN WHO WAS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.
    Two American losers got cooked. One was a terrorist who met the military criteria for being targeted. The other was collateral damage. No loss.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I always thought that Cobra was cooler than Dredd.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

When the war on terror began to seriously pick up lots of the world's organised and serious guerilla or irregular forces which were engaged in armed struggle either where in the process of negotiating an end to their struggle or anxious to get around the table to begin discussions which would have that as a outcome.

Coincidence?

I doubt it.

The whole game of governments vs. guerillas or irregulars have changed, and let me tell you a survey of even the not too distant past in Irish politics will reveal a lot, governments arent unwilling to stoop to the same tactics as terrorists but with groups like Al Queda even more so because, for a number of reasons, they have unparalleled public support.

I dont believe its incomprehensible either, I mean a group which makes no serious effort to minimise casualties or exclude civilian non-combatants from being considered legitimate targets? Who in their right mind would have sympathy with anyone involved with those kinds of people? Its like campaigning for the release of Charles Manson and a good illustration of how seriously perverse most human rights campaigning has become.

MBTI
    INTj

Al Qaeda was a very loose organization to begin with, now they are a shadow of their former selves. They have almost zero operational capacity now
    And we have Bush and Obama to thank for that. Keep up the good work.

You underestimate the power of terror. Bin Laden was just one man with a few million dollars and some invisible virgins to pimp out. Yet, he was able to cause the most powerful nation in history to waste trillions of dollars to defend itself.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The point, though, is that power has already been abused. Obama took "effective action" against someone he and his cronies deemed to be an "enemy" without any transparency or accountability to anyone else.
    The president is under scrutiny from congress as well as competitors from within his own party. If he actually abused his powers, his opponents would not hesitate to take him down.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Two American losers got cooked. One was a terrorist who met the military criteria for being targeted. The other was collateral damage. No loss.
    But the one who was an actual terrorist was the collateral, the one who wasnt a terrorist was the actual target. They didnt even know the real terrorist was there.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP

And we have Bush and Obama to thank for that. Keep up the good work.

You underestimate the power of terror. Bin Laden was just one man with a few million dollars and some invisible virgins to pimp out. Yet, he was able to cause the most powerful nation in history to waste trillions of dollars to defend itself.
    Ahuh, how do you figure that?
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP

The president is under scrutiny from congress as well as competitors from within his own party. If he actually abused his powers, his opponents would not hesitate to take him down.
    No, because all of his opponents love to abuse power just as much as he does. Do you honestly think a Republican could be nominated on a platform of curtailing executive powers? Wed sooner see a pro-Marijuana president.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTj

I would have less of a problem with this if he was tried in absentia and all this evidence that "proves" he was a threat was actually revealed to us. I would still have a problem with it but I could kind of see the "being pragmatic" argument.
    The American judicial system takes 20-30 years to finalize an execution. If terrorists were given the same protection, their children would die of old age by the time a decision was made.
    A big part of evidence is that you have to use it to prove something, "We have evidence but its secret" doesnt fucking fly.
    That is your personal preference. Fortunately, the people in charge of defense does not think that way. No new precedent has been set. The state has always been allowed to use lethal force against impending threats.